What did you buy your ebike this week?

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
SRAM GX Eagle shifter. Since I broke the OEM shifter in an off a couple of weeks ago.

At the rate I’m replacing things from breaking them (derailleur, shifter) and upgrading them (stem, brakes), my Powerfly might as well be a Rail.

IMG_5074.jpg

IMG_5075.jpg

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Well i wasnt expecting miracles or perfection but was hopeful it would at least be functioning !! Get what you pay for situation lol.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Well i wasnt expecting miracles or perfection but was hopeful it would at least be functioning !! Get what you pay for situation lol.

It was worth every penny .. made me laugh ! :)

Might just need lubing ! .. at least it doesn't fly up and smack you in the nads !

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
It was worth every penny .. made me laugh ! :)

Might just need lubing ! .. at least it doesn't fly up and smack you in the nads !
haha my job is complete then :)

Nah ive lubed it where i can, seen videos on youtube where others have taken it apart but this one does not come apart like in the vids and it feels like the piston part is welded into the saddle clamp so cant take it out of the tube to fully investigate the issue.

bit gutted i didn't even get to break it riding, well..... didnt even get to ride it ffs.

suppose at least ive got a visual yellow dropper seat lever to match my grips lol

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
haha my job is complete then :)

Nah ive lubed it where i can, seen videos on youtube where others have taken it apart but this one does not come apart like in the vids and it feels like the piston part is welded into the saddle clamp so cant take it out of the tube to fully investigate the issue.

bit gutted i didn't even get to break it riding, well..... didnt even get to ride it ffs.

suppose at least ive got a visual yellow dropper seat lever to match my grips lol

You only bought it because of that yellow lever didn’t you!

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I seem to have an unhealthy obsession in buying pocket multi tools. I must have about 7 or 8 of them now and they all do basically the same thing.
It’s like stamp collecting but more expensive ?
They make me feel like James Bond but I really
Don’t know why I need more than one.

Latest one arriving tomorrow..

0F460917-7C05-4077-9E30-E1013E179DEE.jpeg

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
I seem to have an unhealthy obsession in buying pocket multi tools. I must have about 7 or 8 of them now and they all do basically the same thing.
It’s like stamp collecting but more expensive
They make me feel like James Bond but I really
Don’t know why I need more than one.

Latest one arriving tomorrow..

View attachment 64963

I’ve a similar addiction. At least we always have tools when out on a ride?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK

With video evidence like that, you should have zero problems getting a refund from Amazon!

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
If anyone on the planet goes through that many pads before fall either they spend 80 hrs a week at a secret bike park on Everest or something is seriously seriously wrong.

prob need new rotors as well.
I've gone through 3 sets in 2 1/2 months(60ish days) and the bike park just opened. Big mts and steep trails. I might not go through 12 sets but itll be close. Some spare rotors but i may get to buying some galfers

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Hm. I thought trickstuff power pads were supposed to go fast. They’re a mix of organic and metal. Maybe heavier rider/bike and lots of braking!?!. Are you tracking your bikes ‘mileage’ I did 100km of big mtn park last weekend and my pads are TS pads are still at maybe 80%. (100km including gondola)

What’s so special about galfers? Never looked at them or seen them in person. Trickstuff Dächle HD are just under 200 grams at 203mm and seem solid. I think they’re 2.05 thick.
Both bikes had pads with a bit of use from last fall. Gondola here, most veetical drop in N .America , neeer park ,a bit out of the way and not very busy. Just under 1 mil vertical ft last summer.
I hear trickstuff are quite good. Im thinking a bit pricey getting them shipped here. I buy 4 packs of sintered nukeproof. Similar wear and braking as shimano and cheap to add in a crc order for free shipping. Just thought id tty galfer.. thicker and availability and reporgs seem good. My avids seem ok in 220 and 200 and my shimano 200

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I sometimes use Nukeproof Sintered pads too. Have you also found the pad backing plate occasionally needs resized with a file to fit properly?
(Guides/codes in my case)

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
So far so good. Packaging isnt the best and theyre often scattered throughout the box of parts and the spring retainers dont have the best tolerance. All good with a dlight rebend. Almost half the price of shimano pads. Id like to find a 4 pack of good half price dh casing rear tires now

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles