TQ hpr50 firmware updates

Shark58

Mar 5, 2023
Germany
Yes just register as dealer or bike repair shop then you will get permission to download software and service manuals.
Thanks!

I‘ll try once more. If I remember my first attempt correctly, TQ asks for a lot of legal information to make sure you actually are a dealer / repair shop. Didn’t seem easy to fake that.

Ali_Foto

Feb 16, 2024
Dubai
Thanks!

I‘ll try once more. If I remember my first attempt correctly, TQ asks for a lot of legal information to make sure you actually are a dealer / repair shop. Didn’t seem easy to fake that.
Try , you could do it ,in my area there is no official TQ representative to service for TQ drive system and Trek is very week here and they do not have any idea about TQ HPR 50 😂

Ali_Foto

Feb 16, 2024
Dubai
So, any improvements from the latest update? Is rider power any closer to reality than before?
To prove the error in power , it must be checked with a pedal that could measure the power which is expensive , I am looking for someone to borrow and test it

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
So, any improvements from the latest update? Is rider power any closer to reality than before?
I can't see many changes from the new firmware, maybe the motor is a bit smoother when it assists, but it's difficult to tell. The switchover time from range extender to main battery is quicker. The power measurement appears the same to me, but then I didn't have any issue with power measurement on the previous firmware.

I think if you don't want the new features (variable speed limit, ability to see firmware versions in app etc), then there's not much point in upgrading specially, just wait until the next time the bike is in the shop and get it done then.

CartmanMTB

Aug 29, 2024
Las Vegas, NV
Try , you could do it ,in my area there is no official TQ representative to service for TQ drive system and Trek is very week here and they do not have any idea about TQ HPR 50 😂
So, you have one of the TREK Fuel EXe bikes? That is what I have and I'm trying to confirm I can update my bike before I purchase the cable. Thanks in advance! - Will

Ali_Foto

Feb 16, 2024
Dubai
So, you have one of the TREK Fuel EXe bikes? That is what I have and I'm trying to confirm I can update my bike before I purchase the cable. Thanks in advance! - Will
Yes you can , first you download the program from TQ just by small trick and then purchase a cable and finished

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I notice from the tq website that they have just yesterday released a new battery firmware (v 1.104.33), does anyone know what the changes are?

Ill install it in a few days and report back if any obvious changes.

Edit: I found the release notes, looks like a useful update

1000026978.jpg

Last edited:

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I notice from the tq website that they have just yesterday released a new battery firmware (v 1.104.33), does anyone know what the changes are?

Ill install it in a few days and report back if any obvious changes.

Edit: I found the release notes, looks like a useful update

View attachment 146047
So ijust tried to update my exe to the new battery firmware, but the tq software says there are no new updates available, so either tq haven't actually released the firmware yet, or it's not applicable to the EXe. Will try again in a few days

CartmanMTB

Aug 29, 2024
Las Vegas, NV
So ijust tried to update my exe to the new battery firmware, but the tq software says there are no new updates available, so either tq haven't actually released the firmware yet, or it's not applicable to the EXe. Will try again in a few days
I thought the release notes had a date of 2 September for this update, which I found a bit curious. Maybe that is their way of announcing future releases... so it may become available tomorrow. 🤔

Ali_Foto

Feb 16, 2024
Dubai
I thought the release notes had a date of 2 September for this update, which I found a bit curious. Maybe that is their way of announcing future releases... so it may become available tomorrow. 🤔
Any body could up date the battery of Fuel Exe-E battery firm ware , I tried but not updated

CartmanMTB

Aug 29, 2024
Las Vegas, NV
I'm waiting for my TQ Dongle to arrive, hopefully this week; then I'll take a swing at updating my firmware and see if the new battery update happens or not.

More as I know it.

Ali_Foto

Feb 16, 2024
Dubai
I'm waiting for my TQ Dongle to arrive, hopefully this week; then I'll take a swing at updating my firmware and see if the new battery update happens or not.

More as I know it.
You will get previous updates for all bike components , so let us know your bike battery firmware after updating

CartmanMTB

Aug 29, 2024
Las Vegas, NV
The first thing I noticed , is the charging time of main battery , from 8% to 100 % the main battery charged in 2HR &20 minutes , before it was around 3 HRS & 30 minutes
That's a big bonus for sure! I've always wondered about the charge times... I mean, I understand some of the tech side and that you can't overheat the battery and need to manage the last 10% ish accordingly, etc - but... it always seemed longer than I thought it should (maybe I'm just impatient for it to charge in the garage when I know I'll not be riding it again until the next day LOL)

CartmanMTB

Aug 29, 2024
Las Vegas, NV
So my TQ dongle arrived today and I was able to update my Fuel EXe across the board, zero issues. All appear to have the newest firmware.

Curious side note number 1: connecting to the Fuel w/ the TQ app does *not* show the current firmware levels - all still show "n/a"... Odd. 🤔

Curious side note number 2: I also tried to update my Domane+ (the TREK road bike that uses the TQ motor system). It was updated end of August at my local TREK dealer, which updated some of the firmware (including the battery to the last version, before the Sept 2 release - so it shows 1.102.22; it doesn't seem to recognize that the 1.104.33 is out or that it should be applied to the bike. 🤔

I'll do a bit of sleuthing around some other forums and will see what I can find out. I'll also reach out to TQ to see if they can shed any light.

More as I know it...

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Has anyone who has installed the new firmware noticed any changes that relates to the "improved power supply at lower battery levels" bulletpoint from the release notes?

Just wondering what this actually is, was thinking they might have reduced the point when the battery goes into low power mode from 10% to 5% or something?

I've updated the bike but haven't had a chance to ride it yet.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
So my TQ dongle arrived today and I was able to update my Fuel EXe across the board, zero issues. All appear to have the newest firmware.

Curious side note number 1: connecting to the Fuel w/ the TQ app does *not* show the current firmware levels - all still show "n/a"... Odd. 🤔

More as I know it...
For some reason it takes a while to feed the version numbers through to the app, leave it connected for a while/disconnect and reconnect a few time and they will appear.

CartmanMTB

Aug 29, 2024
Las Vegas, NV
For some reason it takes a while to feed the version numbers through to the app, leave it connected for a while/disconnect and reconnect a few time and they will appear.
Thanks - I've tried a few times now (rebooting the phone, powering off the bike, etc) to no avail. I'm a bit more concerned about the inability to update the battery firmware. I've a supplemental battery on the way and (per the TQ tech notes) the battery will only work with the bike if they are both on the same firmware. Since the MTB is on one, and the road bike is on another - I'll only be able (until I get the road bike up to speed) to use the battery with one, and can't share between... I'll get there, I'm sure...

More as I know it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles