Status
Not open for further replies.

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
Quick question... I like to use BLEvo when I ride. Do I have to also have the Strava app open at the same time or is having BLEvo open by itself enough to capture data on both apps?

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Quick question... I like to use BLEvo when I ride. Do I have to also have the Strava app open at the same time or is having BLEvo open by itself enough to capture data on both apps?
Only blevo and after the ride use the strava upload button on the ride details screen. You can also configure to upload minimal Blevo data or I think just about everything.

Tigerruss

May 26, 2020
Oxon
Hi All
New to the forum and new to BLEvo. Just wondering if I have to purchase again on Android after purchasing already on IOS?

SmackIt

Jul 21, 2019
Reno
What you suggest as a "heart rate alarm"? A voice message? And then another voice message when the heart rate goes down?
Thanks for the response, I was off the grid for a while and just came back to the forum. Before I used your awesome app, I used one called SportsTrackLive on Android. There's a setting called Max Heart Rate Feedback where you can activate the alarm when your heart rate goes above a set value. The value should be user defined, and an exact value, not a percentage. For instance, I would like to set the alarm for 150bpm. When my heart rate goes over 150bpm, the alarm should sound continuously until it falls back down below 150. The ideal sound would be a user selected choice from the sounds on your phone. A beeping sound would be fine, or a voice saying "heart rate exceeded" wouldn't be bad, but maybe a little anoying if you're passing someone on a hill and they hear your phone blasting "heart rate".

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
iPhone.

There is an option to keep the screen on in Mission Control (Display Always Active) and Strava (Always On). They work flawlessly even with my 30 sec display lock setting in iPhone (which is grayed out).
It should work also in BLEvo.. maybe you can deselect the auto reduction of brightness in the configuration menu..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@PaoloBLEvo
I have used Your app for a long time - It's excellent and very informative (y)

The Battery Monitor says "real km" - is this distance measured by GPS ?

View attachment 31957

PS
I only ride on my private land - and therefore not with the speed resticted.
The difference is that the real KM are calculated with the real wheel size and not with the hacked wheel size.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thanks for the response, I was off the grid for a while and just came back to the forum. Before I used your awesome app, I used one called SportsTrackLive on Android. There's a setting called Max Heart Rate Feedback where you can activate the alarm when your heart rate goes above a set value. The value should be user defined, and an exact value, not a percentage. For instance, I would like to set the alarm for 150bpm. When my heart rate goes over 150bpm, the alarm should sound continuously until it falls back down below 150. The ideal sound would be a user selected choice from the sounds on your phone. A beeping sound would be fine, or a voice saying "heart rate exceeded" wouldn't be bad, but maybe a little anoying if you're passing someone on a hill and they hear your phone blasting "heart rate".
Ok.. Understood..

GuyP

Nov 3, 2019
Knysna, South Africa
I've been using Blevo for about 6 months now, I can't imagine riding without it.

There are a couple of "funnies" happening and have a request for a small change in the interface.

1. I'm colourblind and cant' really tell the difference between red and black. Some of the display fields show black writing on a red background. It sure would he nice to change the foreground to white.

2. The screen display is very heavy on screen battery life. Having the phone turn off at 20% is nice, but an option at 40% as well would be great. I had the misfortune of having my phone run out before my bike battery. (Yes I know I can turn the screen off manually and I now do so).

3. My cadence meter displays a value of 60 when I know I am spinning closer to 80. Any calibrations which can be done here?

4. I always have to search for and add my BLE heart rate monitor, even when I take the save option. (I have three different ones but it doesn't matter which one I use). Anything I can do to improve this?

As I said, I can't imagine riding without it and am still experimenting for the best settings for me.

Android 8 on an LG G6

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
I've been using Blevo for about 6 months now, I can't imagine riding without it.

There are a couple of "funnies" happening and have a request for a small change in the interface.

1. I'm colourblind and cant' really tell the difference between red and black. Some of the display fields show black writing on a red background. It sure would he nice to change the foreground to white.

2. The screen display is very heavy on screen battery life. Having the phone turn off at 20% is nice, but an option at 40% as well would be great. I had the misfortune of having my phone run out before my bike battery. (Yes I know I can turn the screen off manually and I now do so).

3. My cadence meter displays a value of 60 when I know I am spinning closer to 80. Any calibrations which can be done here?

4. I always have to search for and add my BLE heart rate monitor, even when I take the save option. (I have three different ones but it doesn't matter which one I use). Anything I can do to improve this?

As I said, I can't imagine riding without it and am still experimenting for the best settings for me.

Android 8 on an LG G6
A power bank fixes #2 completely and they’re inexpensive. Based on Paolo’s recommendation here’s my setup: The Official BLEvo Thread - EMTB Forums

Got everything through Amazon.com

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

You can use the white background.. maybe the contrast is better and it can be better for your colourblind
As already suggest, use a power bank.
The cadence is received from the bike.. No calibration is required.. I don't know why the value is not correct..
This could be a good idea, but I have to think how to implement.. The same thing could be valid for different bike and not only for different HRM..

Android 8 on an LG G6
Thanks.. Enjoy your ride with BLEvo..

Dex356

Jan 21, 2020
Berkeley, CA
Hi Paolo...

I still having problems with conductivity between my bike and BLEvo...

Creo with v3.5.9ios

2 different problems but I think they are similar and linked together...

1) During my rides (4+ hours) I usually take a long coffee break. I usually loose contact between bike and phone even though BLEvo shows a connection and bike shows a contact with BLEvo too... (This happens if I either leave BLEvo connected or I "PAUSE" BLEvo)... I then have to reboot BLEvo or turn off the bike battery to reset connection... The problem is, when I start riding again I get double or triple the power that I have set and when I go below my set Leg Power, I'm also getting battery power when not needed...

ECO= 1 to 10% TRAIL= 10 to 30%. Leg Power= 200W...

2) The other day during a ride (I usually do not do a hard climb in the beginning of the ride) I used TRIAL mode and when I was over the top I turned the ride back to ECO. The rest of the ride I was getting double the power that I should.

I have deleted BLEvo from my phone and reinstalled, that did not help. Planning to get a new phone in the near future but I do not think the phone is the problem.

Hope all is well for you during the C-19 crisis...

Dexter

fullsizeoutput_1c97.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1c96.jpeg

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo...

I still having problems with conductivity between my bike and BLEvo...

Creo with v3.5.9ios

2 different problems but I think they are similar and linked together...

1) During my rides (4+ hours) I usually take a long coffee break. I usually loose contact between bike and phone even though BLEvo shows a connection and bike shows a contact with BLEvo too... (This happens if I either leave BLEvo connected or I "PAUSE" BLEvo)... I then have to reboot BLEvo or turn off the bike battery to reset connection... The problem is, when I start riding again I get double or triple the power that I have set and when I go below my set Leg Power, I'm also getting battery power when not needed...

ECO= 1 to 10% TRAIL= 10 to 30%. Leg Power= 200W...

2) The other day during a ride (I usually do not do a hard climb in the beginning of the ride) I used TRIAL mode and when I was over the top I turned the ride back to ECO. The rest of the ride I was getting double the power that I should.

I have deleted BLEvo from my phone and reinstalled, that did not help. Planning to get a new phone in the near future but I do not think the phone is the problem.

Hope all is well for you during the C-19 crisis...

Dexter

View attachment 33088

View attachment 33089
Sorry but I don't understand what you mean with "double"..

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
Recently I have had GPS dropouts, large sections of rides missing. I record with Strava at the same time and no GPS issues rides are complete. Could there be an issue with the Blevo GPS?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Recently I have had GPS dropouts, large sections of rides missing. I record with Strava at the same time and no GPS issues rides are complete. Could there be an issue with the Blevo GPS?
Android or iOS?
Are the km correct?
The km are calculated with sensor or GPS?

Mesut

Nov 14, 2019
West Sussex
Hi Paolo,

Good idea about connecting to ANT HRMs, but when I try to connect to my Garmin Vivoactive 3, the message says " ANT Adapter not available: Built-in ANT hardware or external adapter required."

Dex356

Jan 21, 2020
Berkeley, CA
Sorry but I don't understand what you mean with "double"..
OK... I'm in ECO mode. Leg Power is 225w and % of assistance is 10%... I should get 22.5w of battery boost but I'm actually getting 46w! (Double)... Earlier in the ride I would always get within the range of assistance 1 to 10% but as soon as I switch modes ECO to TRAIL and then back to ECO weird things start to happen and I get twice as much boost as requested.... I hope this helps... I'm sure I'm the only one that has this problem!

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
OK... I'm in ECO mode. Leg Power is 225w and % of assistance is 10%... I should get 22.5w of battery boost but I'm actually getting 46w! (Double)... Earlier in the ride I would always get within the range of assistance 1 to 10% but as soon as I switch modes ECO to TRAIL and then back to ECO weird things start to happen and I get twice as much boost as requested.... I hope this helps... I'm sure I'm the only one that has this problem!
Unfortunately the math isn't that simple. Per Specialized, 100% support doesn't mean motor output is equal to your output. Depending on the motor it's about 3-4 times you. Read all about it:
And to make it even harder to compare biker vs motor, note the ending caveat regarding the displayed motor power is electrical consumption, not actual power output. Most likely Blevo is showing the same. Bottom line, Specialized is going for how it "feels" when they calibrated the support percentages. You can put away the calculator now :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles