Levo Gen 3 Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Gustesta

Jul 26, 2020
Utah
Is the TCU a little different too? :oops:
According to the site, yes.
1621882713879.png

Last edited:

WatermanJim

May 23, 2021
Ocean City, NJ
Been there, done that. I just went from a 18 Expert to a 22 Pro. Still too soon to tell. I do love the fatter tires when blasting through chunky terrain, but the new bike handles it well, but you feel it more. New bike corners with more confidence. I feel more trail chatter with the Pro, but I had upgraded the rear to a Ohlins coil on the Expert, so I'm not sure if it's the suspension or the narrower tires. Prefer the RFX to the Fox 38. Much better on small stuff and if nothing else, MUCH easier to get adjusted properly.
Thanks, that's about what i figured. Do you miss the plus tires and wish you had the option or is the 22' setup dialed?

WatermanJim

May 23, 2021
Ocean City, NJ
Wow thanks for the heads up guys, I just ordered a maroon expert S4 on the US website. My local dealer said to order through the site as he can't get a hold of the rep nor buy it himself. Strange that Specialized is blocking dealers from ordering but the customers can order directly. New sales model?

GregNZ

May 24, 2021
New Zealand
One thing i wondered about was how the battery door would hold up
I’ve seen a vid review of the Levo with the door partly torn
Well sure enough….
View attachment 62397
Mine came off on first ride. Rock flicked up. might have opened the door and cranks did the rest maybe. Didnt realise until I got home. taking a couple of months to get a new one. But been riding fine without one

GregNZ

May 24, 2021
New Zealand
One of the recent reviews suggest the new levo is a bit twitchy ? Any thoughts on this from people who have ridden it ?

Also, I am not sure I like the ability to adjust the geometry. 2 potential issues.

1. Sounded good when I first heard it, but I wonder whether the reality is that I would find myself cycling along wondering if a different setting would be better. I find this a bit with suspension pressure and tyre pressure as it is without adding a 3rd dynamic. I want to ride my bike with somebody else having figured things like this for me. I am not a pro level rider that can feel subtle changes.

2. One could argue it future proofs the bike, but I am not convinced that the extreme settings would not benefit from other changes to seat tube angle or wheelbase length or some other adjusment to frame proportions. I can't think all 6 geometry settings are good settings. There must be compromises being made.

Hoping somebody points out why I am wrong with my 2 potential issues.
I found mine a bit twitchy for the first 3 weeks then adjusted the rear to the low position and seemed to make a big difference for me. Doesn't feel twitching now. Especially climbing around corners needed to lean forward but don't now with longer chain stay length.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
Don't worry, you didn't win. Citylad did his about 2 days after launch if you read back in the thread. Or it might have been moved to the parallel thread.
I was actually going to remove it from mine anyways
Didn’t like the fact that it takes about 4 steps to get to the battery connection while previous gen all i had to do was unplug
More moving parts, more possibilities of things breaking

since this is going to be an issue i see a use for an aftermarket part that eliminates the door while cleaning up the aesthetics and keeping dust away from the crevices

gling

Apr 21, 2021
Ardmore, PA
Thanks
It’s so nimble and agile compared to my Kenevo in pic. It feels light on the trails. Climbs real well.
My Kenevo rolls faster because i have 29’s F/R

This Levo was my original order and now going to my brother. Hopefully mine arrives this week….

Probably missed it earlier but what did you go with? S-Works as well but the other color and/or size?

WatermanJim

May 23, 2021
Ocean City, NJ
Kenevo you wanted to say

Guys whats your pick on the Expert?? Another black bike or the unusual other one?
Black is classic and raw is cool but i think it should be all raw black.
Why they decided to fade to grey on the seat tube and not the down tube is beyond me. The fade to blue on the black S-works looks great, why not continue the style? The maroon is unusual but I think its more tasteful and relaxed than the orange pro or yellow KSL.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
WTF?! I didn‘t even realise. Could that be??
Its just the same pictures we saw many weeks ago and was noted then. Presumably there was a shortage of M3 rock guards so some photoshoot bikes didn't have them. Some early press bikes didn't have them also and some had a different prototype version which was improved on for the final production version.

gling

Apr 21, 2021
Ardmore, PA
Could those that already have the bike (preferably S-Works model) do me a favor and check to see what type of rear brake caliper bracket comes with the bike? Is it a QM44?

Thanks!

j.e.

Jun 29, 2020
Germany
are there any real life pictures of the maroon expert? The maroon enduro expert looks great, but its gloss painted…..

Gustesta

Jul 26, 2020
Utah
Please, what are your settings for the acceleration response on mission control (Eco, Trail and Turbo)? Mine is setup to Zero from factory.

j.e.

Jun 29, 2020
Germany
This is the one I‘ve been looking at as well for comparison. Not glossy though. Should be the same satin maroon. Check this out
Ah right. In another video it seemed a bit more glossy to me, maybe i watched it on a screen too small. I really like it though! I think i‘ll get the levo in maroon.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles