Reign E+ 2022

Duke

Feb 15, 2021
Germany
View attachment 77680
Steezy as f&^$k, cheesy as hell. Ebike specific cranks for my ebike 🤣. Autistic in me just had to do it. Brake pads from Galfer also emtb.

View attachment 77681
M3 rubber tape turned the bike into amphibian. Tiny bit of water got into the battery area but nothing like my first ride. Works.

That looks pretty good. While your first report I was thinking you are stupid because I thougt you taped it from outside 🤣🤣🤣.
But using it as a seal it it a great idea, give us more pic's for details how you wraped it around 👍
Which 3M Tape did you use?

Dominic1212

Oct 31, 2021
Germany
Can anyone tell me if the bikes come with pedals of any sort? Any pics?
Plastic Flat. E+0

20211208_080908.jpg

kadlefkas

Nov 9, 2021
greece
The fails of giant are that the bike come with plastic pedals., 125mm dropper post , 50-55mm stem and rear awfull hub .

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
The fails of giant are that the bike come with plastic pedals., 125mm dropper post , 50-55mm stem and rear awfull hub .

usually you never get ANY pedals. 125mm dropped is a fail for sure. But the specs say 150mm on E+1 medium size. Same for the stem. The E1 specs say 35mm.

why is the rear hub awful?

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
That looks pretty good. While your first report I was thinking you are stupid because I thougt you taped it from outside 🤣🤣🤣.
But using it as a seal it it a great idea, give us more pic's for details how you wraped it around 👍
Which 3M Tape did you use?

Nah. Not stupid. Clever! Someone already invented stickers you stick outside. To reduce vibrations. I'm not $hitting you. Check this out ;) :

Mysterious Axxios Stickers Allegedly Reduce Vibrations On Bikes

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
Can you share more pics and what 3M did you use?
Thanks

I was doing just that right now for you guys:p.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Here where the battery cover hooks go, I pushed the rubber tape with a tire spoon. You need to do it because the battery cover hooks will not push the tape for you like that.
3.JPG

4.JPG

This is all just first iteration. I am pretty sure that if you guys will start to play with the subject someone will come up with a better solution. But right now for me it works.

I used a wide M3 tape (@seofrancisco you were right this is M3 mastic tape 2228) that I cut in 3 stripes. When gluing the main 2 long stripes to the downtube I left 1,5mm to the edge. I think this is not necessary. 0,5mm is enough or even 0mm because the downtube is bent where the edge is. I don't know how to explain it better. But basically you can try to stick the 2 long stripes without any gap from the edge.

seofrancisco

Nov 24, 2021
Canada
I was doing just that right now for you guys:p.

View attachment 77699

View attachment 77700

Here where the battery cover hooks go, I pushed the rubber tape with a tire spoon. You need to do it because the battery cover hooks will not push the tape for you like that.
View attachment 77701

View attachment 77702

This is all just first iteration. I am pretty sure that if you guys will start to play with the subject someone will come up with a better solution. But right now for me it works.

I used a wide M3 tape (@seofrancisco you were right this is M3 mastic tape 2228) that I cut in 3 stripes. When gluing the main 2 long stripes to the downtube I left 1,5mm to the edge. I think this is not necessary. 0,5mm is enough or even 0mm because the downtube is bent where the edge is. I don't know how to explain it better. But basically you can try to stick the 2 long stripes without any gap from the edge.
Thank you very much I’m going to try this and let you know.
I’m getting shipped the 3M now.

Tim gosnold

Nov 5, 2021
Fordingbridge
I feel your pain mate. I got 2 rides in then the Doc banned me from riding until at least May due to blood clots. It keeps looking at me asking me to ride it. I try to look away.
Ouch sorry to hear that dude. Mines just self inflicted from working too much. Hope you get better soon buddy.

Tim gosnold

Nov 5, 2021
Fordingbridge
Has anyone got a suggestion for the replacing the plastic lugs which go in the holes on the down tube which are above and below the bottle cage mounts. Mine came with one of them missing 🤦‍♂️

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
Has anyone got a suggestion for the replacing the plastic lugs which go in the holes on the down tube which are above and below the bottle cage mounts. Mine came with one of them missing 🤦‍♂️

Same tape I used above. M3 mastic tape 2228. Cut a nice circle out of it and nobody will notice. Or buy battery extender mount.

General rule in life. There is nothing you can't fix with silver duct tape (even wife that talks to much 🤣). I added mastic tape to the mix. These 2 will fix a rocket. Silver tape actually did just that on Apollo missions. Multiple times.

mummyb0t

Nov 28, 2021
New Zealand
Hi All,

New member here, I've been reading all the posts, super useful thanks all.

I got my Reign E+ 1 today here in New Zealand, and took it out for a first lap.

My background, I'm 97kg, and I usually ride a Trek Remedy. this is my first ebike, but I've rented a haibike with a bosch system couple of times.

I did 2hr~, mainly cross country, justing trying to get use to it.

I managed 29km and 1200m~ of climbing, took the 625w battery down to 5%, or whenever it starts limiting the power. I was using level 4/5 at first, but settle on level 3 after a while. Auto felt a bit kinda serge-y. I reckon I could get closer to 1400m with better power management. Power felt fine, did like me to spin a bit faster, like some others have mentioned.

On the riding, compared to my remedy.

to soo low, heaps of peddle strikes, I might try moving it into the high setting.

climbing was fine, and super comfy, just spin away.

On the downs, I didn't really hit much, but it feels silky smooth and so quiet,

its really heavy, had to lift it over a couple of gates!

dropper post is a 150mm on my size large, meh.

App crashed on me at least 3 times already :/

Overall, its seems pretty great so far. I bought it to shuttle my local bike park, and my usual ride time is 60-90mins, so I think the battery and climbing will be fine, looking forward to seeing what its like on some bigger hits!

thanks.

Last edited:

Tim gosnold

Nov 5, 2021
Fordingbridge
Same tape I used above. M3 mastic tape 2228. Cut a nice circle out of it and nobody will notice. Or buy battery extender mount.

General rule in life. There is nothing you can't fix with silver duct tape (even wife that talks to much 🤣). I added mastic tape to the mix. These 2 will fix a rocket. Silver tape actually did just that on Apollo missions. Multiple times.
🤣🤣 thanks buddy

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
Hi All,

My background, I'm 97kg, and I usually ride a Trek Remedy. this is my first ebike, but I've rented a haibike with a bosch system couple of times.

I managed 29km and 1200m~ of climbing, took the 625w battery down to 5%, or whenever it starts limiting the power. I was using level 4/5 at first, but settle on level 3 after a while. Auto felt a bit kinda serge-y. I reckon I could get closer to 1400m with better power management. Power felt fine, did like me to spin a bit faster, like some others have mentioned.

to soo low, heaps of peddle strikes, I might try moving it into the high setting.

Overall, its seems pretty great so far. I bought it to shuttle my local bike park, and my usual ride time is 60-90mins, so I think the battery and climbing will be fine, looking forward to seeing what its like on some bigger hits!

thanks.

1st thing I bought was 170mm dropper. To be honest I missed that 150mm is installed on size L in Germany. On international site size L has 170mm. I took exactly the same dropper. Giant. I rode/ride a lot of other companies Rock Shox/KS LEV/PNW and I wanted to try something cheaper this time. Because why not. Let's see how it holds up. If anybody living in Germany wants my dropper (150mm, 30,9mm Giant) you can have it on the cheap. Used 1 time.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
1st thing I bought was 170mm dropper. To be honest I missed that 150mm is installed on size L in Germany. On international site size L has 170mm. I took exactly the same dropper. Giant. I rode/ride a lot of other companies Rock Shox/KS LEV/PNW and I wanted to try something cheaper this time. Because why not. Let's see how it holds up. If anybody living in Germany wants my dropper (150mm, 30,9mm Giant) you can have it on the cheap. Used 1 time.
I should get my size M +0 next week and have already bought a 175mm fox for it as I’m expecting to be short changed with a 125mm. Had to go kash gold too really to finish the bling :cool:

May 14, 2019
NSW
Does anyone know of the batteries from last model trance (500w) fit the new reign? Can get an older model battery in good condition. Thinking it could serve as a good second batt.

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
Does anyone know of the batteries from last model trance (500w) fit the new reign? Can get an older model battery in good condition. Thinking it could serve as a good second batt.
Question has been answered before with Post 323 & 326

Last edited:

jbv

Sep 7, 2021
Vancouver Island BC
Hi All,

thanks.

i set mine to the high setting right away and it still seems extra low. this is due to the weight and is std for all eebs, but also the fact that it's really designed as a self shuttle bike where other eebs are more trail bikes. i did the same, ridden a couple of very janky xc trails (easy to access) just to get used to riding the bike and it's still fun, but it was clear to me that it's not the bike's happy place.

i also put my preferred dropper at 210mm on right away. given the weather it will be a while before the good trails and big descents will be open, but i'm stoked for this bike.

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
i set mine to the high setting right away and it still seems extra low. this is due to the weight and is std for all eebs, but also the fact that it's really designed as a self shuttle bike where other eebs are more trail bikes. i did the same, ridden a couple of very janky xc trails (easy to access) just to get used to riding the bike and it's still fun, but it was clear to me that it's not the bike's happy place.

i also put my preferred dropper at 210mm on right away. given the weather it will be a while before the good trails and big descents will be open, but i'm stoked for this bike.
On paper the bike has very low BB drop in the high setting. It’s only 15mm and most other bikes have 20-25mm. If you have an large size bike maybe swap to 155-160mm cranks. Maybe also increase LSC so you don’t sink so low in the travel when pedaling.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England

I presume it’s set low as standard?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles