Reign E+ 2022

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
What is that, a carbon wrap? I would be concerned that with void any warranty issues as could be altering the thermal properties of the battery?
That is a very valid point if your battery is under warranty. if not thou it would be a question of what the benefits would be and would it be worth it to you. Also any data on any negatives of the mod.

Nobrks

Sep 16, 2021
Denmark
That is a very valid point if your battery is under warranty. if not thou it would be a question of what the benefits would be and would it be worth it to you. Also any data on any negatives of the mod.
No issues.
Removes 600gr weight
Brand new battery, has about 900km on it now.

What is that, a carbon wrap? I would be concerned that with void any warranty issues as could be altering the thermal properties of the battery?
Plastic/carbon case to save weight.

Yes Mods often void warranty.

If you would look inside your battery, you can see how the battery cells are packed in plastic casing.
Plastic has ok thermal conductivety

Last edited:

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
No issues.
Removes 600gr weight
Brand new battery, has about 900km on it now.

Plastic/carbon case to save weight.

Yes Mods often void warranty.

If you would look inside your battery, you can see how the battery cells are packed in plastic casing.
Plastic has ok thermal conductivety
So about 559 miles and just over 1.3 pounds? If I got that right the weight seems pretty impressive as far as miles go I'd say more will be needed tell weather it effect it and a sample of more than just one battery but, it does look promising. Does make me wonder about finned aluminum cases wear heat is a issue.

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
In my experience the batteries don't hear up that much (original casing) compared to the Yamaha motor which overheats massively on hot days in the highest assistance.

Nobrks

Sep 16, 2021
Denmark
Agree, only BMS gets a bit hot during charging, electroninc board is packed in plastic, the two boards are in a sandwich, covered in thick silicone , endcover is plastic.
So no part of BMS is designed to dissepate heat efficently

sprousaTM

Mar 4, 2022
Germany
After owning the Reign E+3 for a little over 2.5 years, putting a bunch of miles and a lot of upgrades on it, I was thinking about servicing the bearings. Neither can I find any information whichs bearings I need nor do they sell any packages containing stuff for a full rebuild. I'd be ok with knowing the measurements and type of bearing, so I could order some on my own. Is there any reliable site to get those info without having to deal with the giant support via email? I know, I could just measure myself, but if I start to disassemble the bike, I would love to just get it all over with.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles