Pole Voima 190mm Travel EMTB

AlumiPro

May 1, 2023
California
Any reviews of the Cane Creek Kitsuma Coil on the Voima? Not sure I should give it a try or just order an EXT while ordering Frameset.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Any reviews of the Cane Creek Kitsuma Coil on the Voima? Not sure I should give it a try or just order an EXT while ordering Frameset.

I haven't tried the kitsune coil but have been put off came creek shocks by my wife's air shock that keeps shitting its self.

Ps my ext arma is buttery as fuck. It feels real good.

AlumiPro

May 1, 2023
California
I haven't tried the kitsune coil but have been put off came creek shocks by my wife's air shock that keeps shitting its self.

Ps my ext arma is buttery as fuck. It feels real good.
Yeah I have the EXT E-Storia on my Levo and love it. Pole won’t sell the Frameset without a shock unfortunately.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Yeah I have the EXT E-Storia on my Levo and love it. Pole won’t sell the Frameset without a shock unfortunately.
I know, I just went through the same process. Dont spec a shock you dont want. Grab an ext and sell the rs air shock or keep it for a spare for when you get the ext serviced.

AlumiPro

May 1, 2023
California
I know, I just went through the same process. Dont spec a shock you dont want. Grab an ext and sell the rs air shock or keep it for a spare for when you get the ext serviced.
Will do.
USA EXT tells me the Arma is on back order and to get the storia LOK V3, even though the Voima doesn’t need a lock out. But also because I’m not racing down hill, more hardcore trails which apparently is what the storia is set up for. Arma being more for down hill.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Will do.
USA EXT tells me the Arma is on back order and to get the storia LOK V3, even though the Voima doesn’t need a lock out. But also because I’m not racing down hill, more hardcore trails which apparently is what the storia is set up for. Arma being more for down hill.
I wouldn't get a Storia Lok v3. It doesn't have tunable hydraulic bottom out control. Its factory set.
PS a lock out is useless on an ebike. So way get a shock with a feature you wont use and miss out on a feature you might use?

Get a arma or an E storia. The e Storia has adjustable hbc. I decided against and e storia because the Voima design isolates the shock from side loading so you dont need the extra strength and i dont need a lock out. My advice. Wait for the Arma and use the stock shock until it arrives.

AlumiPro

May 1, 2023
California
I wouldn't get a Storia Lok v3. It doesn't have tunable hydraulic bottom out control. Its factory set.
PS a lock out is useless on an ebike. So way get a shock with a feature you wont use and miss out on a feature you might use?

Get a arma or an E storia. The e Storia has adjustable hbc. I decided against and e storia because the Voima design isolates the shock from side loading so you dont need the extra strength and i dont need a lock out. My advice. Wait for the Arma and use the stock shock until it arrives.
EXT doesn’t make an E-Storia in 250x75 guess I’ll wait on the Arma.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
EXT doesn’t make an E-Storia in 250x75 guess I’ll wait on the Arma.
They actually do. 😎👍🏼
EXT e-STORIA- E-BIKE DEDICATED DAMPER - Extreme Racing Shox

IMG_2715.png

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Not Voima specific but just added 246mm Galfer rotors and they… work. Just don’t mentally decide to covert them to 243mm like I did and chase your tail all day long figuring it out.

Once the washer spacers were added to accommodate that last 1.5mm (front only… rear got a 23mm added to the stock 223mm posts) they went sweet. Before that it was another story 😂.

9ABC8F16-84A0-466B-8FA0-0340D1CC1BB4.jpeg

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Not Voima specific but just added 246mm Galfer rotors and they… work. Just don’t mentally decide to covert them to 243mm like I did and chase your tail all day long figuring it out.

Once the washer spacers were added to accommodate that last 1.5mm (front only… rear got a 23mm added to the stock 223mm posts) they went sweet. Before that it was another story 😂.

View attachment 119034

Jesus…..lol

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand

View attachment 119034

That's more leverage on the mount and the rear swing arm. Might be worth asking the question of Pole.
You don't want to void the warrantee by running a rotor that's too big.

Side note. I haven't found a situation where a 200mm rotor on the back isn't enough.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Anyone had the motor significantly reducing power on climbs? Mine is pulling power when the motor is more heavily loaded which makes for one hell of an anchor :D

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Anyone had the motor significantly reducing power on climbs? Mine is pulling power when the motor is more heavily loaded which makes for one hell of an anchor :D
What’s the air temperature, gear are you in and what’s your approximate rpm? I think that can sometimes happen if it’s hot outside and you’re not in a low enough gear and also at a slower rpm. If thats not your case, maybe it’s a battery issue?

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
What’s the air temperature, gear are you in and what’s your approximate rpm? I think that can sometimes happen if it’s hot outside and you’re not in a low enough gear and also at a slower rpm. If thats not your case, maybe it’s a battery issue?
I'm leaning towards a battery issue (it goes to the shop next week for troubleshooting), I was just curious if it was a common issue.

Last climb I ended up in granny gear, out of the saddle and going hard trying to get the top of a hill that a functioning bike would power up relatively easily. It's winter now and it was a balmy 25 degrees so conditions weren't too taxing lol.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Now I can go even slower

That's more leverage on the mount and the rear swing arm. Might be worth asking the question of Pole.

Side note. I haven't found a situation where a 200mm rotor on the back isn't enough.

I'm not trying to put it down but running a 246mm rear rotor just seems so unnecessary. I'll switch back and forth between my Galfer 223mm and 203mm rotors and at times I think even the 223mm is total over kill with my Trickstuff Maximas.

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
I'm not trying to put it down but running a 246mm rear rotor just seems so unnecessary. I'll switch back and forth between my Galfer 223mm and 203mm rotors and at times I think even the 223mm is total over kill with my Trickstuff Maximas.
It was an interesting experiment but after todays ride the 223’s are back on. Those 246’s feel great up top but warp bigly when they get hot toward the bottom of the hill. Clanging around bangin the pads for a minute and then straighten out again when they start cooling off.

At 250lbs kitted the size felt pretty perfect from a leverage standpoint, but the 223’s work just fine.

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA

Ran it by Leo and he didn’t know of a reason why it wouldn’t work off the top of his head.

It was a fail anyway. Something’s wrong with the design of those rotors. The warp way out of shape when they get hot.

What do you weigh on 200s? I’m captaining the meat wagon over here 🥩

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles