Pole Voima 190mm Travel EMTB

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
It looks micky mouse to have crappy gorilla tape in there like that. I'm sure there's far better ways of going about it. Just seems funny to put a lot of effort into the quality of the bike to have something like that on the inside of the frame. I get it most people don't see it, but again it's the little things that really should set this bike apart from others and that was a miss in my opinion.

The top logo is definitely on top of the wrap, I should have taken some pictures of it.
I wouldn’t use gorilla tape as it leaves sticky residue behind if you need to remove it later. Pole specifies gaffing tape which doesn’t leave any residue if you need to remove or re-tape later. If you line up all of the cables together on the left side near the bottom edge and tape over them like pole specifies it doesn’t look bad And like zimmer said, it keeps the cables from rattling. And it’s on the inside of the frame, so who cares. As for the top tube badge, its just held on with double sided tape so you could probably just press it firmly back down and apply a little heat to activate the adhesive. The packaging could definitely be better for the battery, but I’m not sure if it comes that way from Bosch or Pole. But it could use some foam padding to prevent damage from shipping.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I wouldn’t use gorilla tape as it leaves sticky residue behind if you need to remove it later. Pole specifies gaffing tape which doesn’t leave any residue if you need to remove or re-tape later. If you line up all of the cables together on the left side near the bottom edge and tape over them like pole specifies it doesn’t look bad And like zimmer said, it keeps the cables from rattling. And it’s on the inside of the frame, so who cares. As for the top tube badge, its just held on with double sided tape so you could probably just press it firmly back down and apply a little heat to activate the adhesive. The packaging could definitely be better for the battery, but I’m not sure if it comes that way from Bosch or Pole. But it could use some foam padding to prevent damage from shipping.

I didn’t say I used Gorilla tape, I said the tape that was in the frame from Pole looks like gorilla tape.

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
So many badges. Deleted all but the head tube and I think even that one’s days are numbered. Looks better without them imho and there’s one less thing to catch dirt.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
So many badges. Deleted all but the head tube and I think even that one’s days are numbered. Looks better without them imho and there’s one less thing to catch dirt.
I took off my badges and decals when I took of all of my wrap. I have new decals and badges, but I’ve yet to put the decals back on. But I did put on new badges back on. It just looked a little plain to me without the badges. I may put the decals back on at some point, maybe.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Should help you ..

It's green as it doubles as the Low power port when it's not used for the remote speed sensor.

Are you sure your motor is configured for the remote speed sensor and not the rim magnet ?
Thanks Zimmer.

Still no joy. The bike shop has it now. That had it hooked up to bosch diagnostics still haven't figured it out. Now its hurry up and wait for another week as i'm off on a business trip.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
We started building the new K3 Voima at the shop I work at for my buddy that ordered one, overall very impressed with the build quality. A few little things that look odd for this expensive of a bike, you would think Pole would come up with a better way to secure the routed brake line rather than just using some black gorilla tape. You think maybe they could machine something into the down tube that could allow internally to secure cable ties to hold a brake line or dropper post or shift cables in place. I also didn't realize that they install the brand logos over the clear wrap, the logo above the top tube power button is already peeling off. And the battery was damaged in shipping, looks like due to poor packaging from Pole.

The Storm Grey looks great in person, I was thinking I would order the raw color when I go to order mine. But after seeing the grey in person I'm torn on what to order.....lol

View attachment 117889 View attachment 117890 View attachment 117891
Yeah, I'll mirror those thoughts on cable routing. The frame is like 98% awesome then there's budget duct tape holding the cables into position. They could have machined some slimline bespoke cable clamps and make an awesome internal routing solution. Hell those clamps could be machined out of the waste material that's already been machined away....

Apart from bike not going due to sensor problems. And that's kind of one of those shit happens things. I bought a complete bike and the brake and gear cables were jammed tight and almost squashed by the motor. I think someone had installed the cables then the motor catching the cables in the process. I removed and repositioned the cables so they weren't squashed hard against the more. The dropper post cable was kinked. So I had to replace that. More niggly then anything. Not a major, just mildly annoying.

On a positive note that is some of the best machining I have ever seen. It is truely stunning quality, and I have managed a machine shop division and in another job had heavily involvement in aeronautical machined components.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Thanks Zimmer.

Still no joy. The bike shop has it now. That had it hooked up to bosch diagnostics still haven't figured it out. Now its hurry up and wait for another week as i'm off on a business trip.
Sorry to hear you’re having speed sensor issues. That’s a bummer. Hopefully your bike shop will have it all worked out by the time you get back from your trip.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Yeah, I'll mirror those thoughts on cable routing. The frame is like 98% awesome then there's budget duct tape holding the cables into position. They could have machined some slimline bespoke cable clamps and make an awesome internal routing solution. Hell those clamps could be machined out of the waste material that's already been machined away....

Apart from bike not going due to sensor problems. And that's kind of one of those shit happens things. I bought a complete bike and the brake and gear cables were jammed tight and almost squashed by the motor. I think someone had installed the cables then the motor catching the cables in the process. I removed and repositioned the cables so they weren't squashed hard against the more. The dropper post cable was kinked. So I had to replace that. More niggly then anything. Not a major, just mildly annoying.

On a positive note that is some of the best machining I have ever seen. It is truely stunning quality, and I have managed a machine shop division and in another job had heavily involvement in aeronautical machined components.

I was extremely impressed with the bike, it’s literally a thing of beauty.
But I guess that’s why the tape thing bothers me so much…..lol

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK

It's boutique duct tape. :)

Gandalf

Dec 16, 2020
Germany
@Rob Rides EMTB
Super video. :cool::love:
Is it also possible to make a video about bearing replacement and certain maintenance? :cool:(y)
Not everyone has such large press-in and press-out tools at home.

AlumiPro

May 1, 2023
California
I have the full AXS(dropper + transmission) on mine, and my bike is quiet. It actually surprised me how quiet it is, as I also come from an S-Works Levo(Gen 3). Sure it does make sound, but with the quiet hub and no chain slap, it is very odd for me :D Very happy with the bike overall, I love the high BB and absolutely love how the bike rides and looks!
I’ve read through all 24 pages of this forum and am very interested in getting a Pole.
I’m currently riding an S-works Gen 3 Levo, SRAM XX T-type, Cascade long travel with the EXT E-Storia coil and a Secus on the FOX 38.
I’m curious to hear Darkyhs thoughts and comparisons between the two bikes, being that you switched from an S-Works Gen3 Levo……or anyone else that has made the same switch.
I’m also having a hard time choosing a frame size. I’m 6’-2”, 34” inseam, and 150lbs geared up. My Levo is an S4 with stock 35mm stem and the saddle set all the way back. I ride chunky lava rock, tight trails in Northern California. Leaning towards a K2.

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
I’ve read through all 24 pages of this forum and am very interested in getting a Pole.
I’m currently riding an S-works Gen 3 Levo, SRAM XX T-type, Cascade long travel with the EXT E-Storia coil and a Secus on the FOX 38.
I’m curious to hear Darkyhs thoughts and comparisons between the two bikes, being that you switched from an S-Works Gen3 Levo……or anyone else that has made the same switch.
I’m also having a hard time choosing a frame size. I’m 6’-2”, 34” inseam, and 150lbs geared up. My Levo is an S4 with stock 35mm stem and the saddle set all the way back. I ride chunky lava rock, tight trails in Northern California. Leaning towards a K2.
Not a Gen 3 Levo convert but I’d say you’re bang on for K2. Maybe keep Rob’s reach adjust headset strategy as a mental backup plan in case it feels different from what you’d hoped. That was my plan at 6’-4” 36” on K3 but wasn’t needed at all.

Big fan of the EXT Arma on this bike. The E-Storia wasn’t an option via EXT U.S.A. in Utah but climb switch isnt needed at all and I can’t imagine anything working better than the Arma anyway.

Recommend the race axles. Rear end is not overly stiff so you probably want the extra rigidity as a big guy smashing rocks.

AlumiPro

May 1, 2023
California
Not a Gen 3 Levo convert but I’d say you’re bang on for K2. Maybe keep Rob’s reach adjust headset strategy as a mental backup plan in case it feels different from what you’d hoped. That was my plan at 6’-4” 36” on K3 but wasn’t needed at all.

Big fan of the EXT Arma on this bike. The E-Storia wasn’t an option via EXT U.S.A. in Utah but climb switch isnt needed at all and I can’t imagine anything working better than the Arma anyway.

Recommend the race axles. Rear end is not overly stiff so you probably want the extra rigidity as a big guy smashing rocks.
Yeah I noticed no EXT E-Storia that size. I’ll definitely be getting the EXT Arma! Which makes me wonder which shock I should choose to resell as a new take off when I order the race Frame set?? I don’t believe they will let me buy a discounted frame set with no shock? So if I have to choose, which shock would be the easiest to resale?(I won’t even put one ride on it)
I wish EXT made a 190mm fork! At least Vorsprung makes a Secus footstud for the Zeb! It’s been a game changer on my Fox 38!
Why is the Zeb 190mm Ultimate not offered with the race frame set? But offered with the complete build?

Last edited:

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Yeah I noticed no EXT E-Storia that size. I’ll definitely be getting the EXT Arma! Which makes me wonder which shock I should choose to resell as a new take off when I order the race Frame set?? I don’t believe they will let me buy a discounted frame set with no shock? So if I have to choose, which shock would be the easiest to resale?(I won’t even put one ride on it)
I wish EXT made a 190mm fork! At least Vorsprung makes a Secus footstud for the Zeb! It’s been a game changer on my Fox 38!
Why is the Zeb 190mm Ultimate not offered with the race frame set? But offered with the complete build?

EXT does make a 190mm fork.

AlumiPro

May 1, 2023
California
EXT does make a 190mm fork.

Wow, I didn’t find that on their website. I’ll have to look for reviews on it.
Thanks

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
I'm also your height and inseam. I own an S5 Gen 3 Levo with the Cascade long shock kit and a 180mm 38 which I've been riding for a little over a year.

I had my first ride of my recently built up K3 Voima ID Race frameset yesterday (race axles, Fox 40s, stock RS SDU air, XO Transmission, MT7's., DH wheels and tyres.....).

Maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but to me the Voima feels better in every way. I rode 30km/700m elevation with a wide range of terrain and the Voima excelled. I was especially impressed with the climbing. I took it down my local rough DH trail that I have ridden hundreds of times and set a PB on the first shot. I couldn't be happier with the bike and the motor and integration.

Size wise, I am very happy I went with K3 after being unsure of my decision for weeks after reading through these threads. I would say if you're 188cm and prefer an S4 Levo, go K2. If, like myself, you prefer an S5, go K3. At no time did it feel more unwieldy than my Levo despite having a longer wheelbase on paper. I'll be selling the Levo.

AlumiPro

May 1, 2023
California
Yesterday, I visited Mojo Rising. Initially, I wanted to see if their MORC 40 drop crowns would help with my Fox-49-arch-hits-the-Voima-headtube problem.

I had already gained around 3mm clearance by fitting a Works Components +5mm reach adjust headset. Thanks to @Dirtnvert for the idea.

It turns out that the MORC crowns didn’t offer me any further clearance. I was a bit gutted, because they’re lovely pieces of machining. However, Chris P worked his magic, finding just enough room with my existing Fox crowns to clear the fork seals by a few mm. He also hooked me up with a used set of Fox 40 crowns of the same age, since my steerer tube was also a few mm too short for safety at the limit. My Fox 49 is now safe and ready to ride.

Jack had built an EXT E-Storia for me, based on email chat earlier in the week. The shock is fitted with a 600lb spring, and I also took away a 575lb spring for sloppy winter riding. The guys took great care in fitting the shock to my frame - brilliant!

Thanks to both Chris and Jack for their amazing work yesterday. It’s always good to talk to experts in their field, and they’re super-nice guys with it.

View attachment 101291

View attachment 101292

View attachment 101293

View attachment 101290
So I guess you can get an EXT E-Storia built as a 250x75!
Wonder what that cost Nickytee?

51959B23-0392-4C26-AFBC-D08E3DD4B807.jpeg 59450682-7CD7-4D4C-837C-2F5DEA136028.jpeg

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Brand new DT 350 Hybrid rear (XD) on the new Voima is creaking after just a month. Creaks when winching up steeps (sitting or standing). Confirmed it’s the hub by swapping wheels and cassettes.

I tend to destroy hubs. This one is already sounding a lot like the half-dozen or so broken Hydra axles I went through a year ago, so my fear is that the new 350’s axle is cracking. That said, I’d love to discover it’s something else real stupid and easy to fix.

Driver and cassette have both been removed / regressed. Cassette re-torqued to 40nm. Axle torqued to 12nm.

Latest theory is that it might be the SRAM T-type interface so loosened, reset, and re-torqued everything there tonight. Hoping that was it, but not very optimistic. We’ll see tomorrow.

Bummed. Went out of my way to have this wheel rebuilt with what I thought was the most bomber rear hub on the market with a steel interface, yet here we are back in creak land.

If anyone has any ideas or specific experience please shoot. Already half thinking about replacing - are there more bombproof hubs out there?

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Brand new DT 350 Hybrid rear (XD) on the new Voima is creaking after just a month. Creaks when winching up steeps (sitting or standing). Confirmed it’s the hub by swapping wheels and cassettes.

I tend to destroy hubs. This one is already sounding a lot like the half-dozen or so broken Hydra axles I went through a year ago, so my fear is that the new 350’s axle is cracking. That said, I’d love to discover it’s something else real stupid and easy to fix.

Driver and cassette have both been removed / regressed. Cassette re-torqued to 40nm. Axle torqued to 12nm.

Latest theory is that it might be the SRAM T-type interface so loosened, reset, and re-torqued everything there tonight. Hoping that was it, but not very optimistic. We’ll see tomorrow.

Bummed. Went out of my way to have this wheel rebuilt with what I thought was the most bomber rear hub on the market with a steel interface, yet here we are back in creak land.

If anyone has any ideas or specific experience please shoot. Already half thinking about replacing - are there more bombproof hubs out there?

Hope has a new Pro5 eBike specific rear hub that should probably be pretty strong.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Finally, got my pole out into the wild and rode it like I stole it for the first time. Yeha!

Still got a bunch of suspension set up to do. But got a good ride around some of my entertaining lines around town.

What did I like, what didnt i like?
It is the steep descender. It handled the steeps with ease and control. Suspension is reasonably buttery even though not properly configured. Climbing tech as predicted is stupid good.

Chugging down endless chairs was child's play. It does indeed feel like a dh rig with a motor.

I'm glad as hell I went for k1 size. It's a monster truck at k1.

In mullet config she's not the fastest to steer around tight corners!... no problem that just means I throw a nose wheelie flick around sooner.

What dont I like?

The long chain stay sucks arse. The bike is near impossible to pull into an extended manual. I'm going to have to learn a new technique to get the front up for when you need to do those extended manuals.

If they ever release shorter chain stay rear end or Mullet rear end I'll be in line for an upgrade.

20230619_172659.jpg

20230619_185357.jpg

Darkyhs

Oct 25, 2020
Freiburg, Germany

So, this weekend I have ridden both my bikes. My friend has his bike in the shop(analog bike, stumpy Evo), and I gave him my Levo. During our ride, I wanted to try out the Levo again. My god, what a difference :D. Almost like going from a very stable boat, to a jumpy speedboat that doesn't have any grip. Not sure how come this difference was this huge, but it was. I can genuinely say. I love the Pole and will not ride the Levo in the future :D
The Levo is fantastic, don't get me wrong. But it doesn't compare to the confidence the Voima gives. My friend who is almost 6 CM smaller than me, couldn't believe it either.

Keep in mind, I do have the standard S-Works Levo setup, with the 38 with 160 and the Float X2 with 150. No long shock kit or changes.

1687168698274.png

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Finally, got my pole out into the wild and rode it like I stole it for the first time. Yeha!

Still got a bunch of suspension set up to do. But got a good ride around some of my entertaining lines around town.

What did I like, what didnt i like?
It is the steep descender. It handled the steeps with ease and control. Suspension is reasonably buttery even though not properly configured. Climbing tech as predicted is stupid good.

Chugging down endless chairs was child's play. It does indeed feel like a dh rig with a motor.

I'm glad as hell I went for k1 size. It's a monster truck at k1.

In mullet config she's not the fastest to steer around tight corners!... no problem that just means I throw a nose wheelie flick around sooner.

What dont I like?

The long chain stay sucks arse. The bike is near impossible to pull into an extended manual. I'm going to have to learn a new technique to get the front up for when you need to do those extended manuals.

If they ever release shorter chain stay rear end or Mullet rear end I'll be in line for an upgrade.

View attachment 118209

View attachment 118207
I think it’s pretty clear the rear end was designed around the K2 size but then allocated to the rest of the range without any tailoring. On a K3 (technically should be on K4) I’m super stoked - chain stays hit the sweet spot between keeping weight on the front and feeling semi-playful.

I like Crestline’s strategy of going mullet for every size but their XL. Pole might benefit from doing the same for the next update.

K0 = mullet
K1 = your choice
K2 = your choice
K3 = 29”

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
Crestlines have different rear ends for that though. You can just throw a smaller wheel in but it's not the best.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
I guess having the option for different size rear ends would be nice for rider preference. Having said that, I’m on a K1 with full 27.5 x 2.8’s with a dual crown and I couldn’t be more happy with my bike and the current geo, including the chainstay length. I think if the chainstays were any shorter, the bike would not be the mountain goat climber that it is and it would also have less high speed stability and be less forgiving. Everything is a trade off and compromise though, so it just depends on what the individual rider prefers and prioritizes. And since more and more are running a 27.5 rear, it would also be nice if you could order the bike or frameset preprogrammed for 27.5 so you get your bike with the correct top speed limit without having to take it to the bike shop to get reprogrammed for 27.5 after you get it.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles