Pic of the Day

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I did a 19 mile round trip, just to get less than 6 miles along the canal towpath. That is how desperate I am to get off the tarmac whilst also not getting stuck fast in the sticky clay mud around here. The canal is the one from Grantham to Nottingham, sadly not navigable the entire way. Here is a shot towards Belvoir Castle (zoom in top right hand corner).
Belvoir Castle.jpg

A few miles further on the canal is choked with weed for a section. I was last this way about 15 years ago and it was choked then too. There were two swans nesting then and there are still two nesting there now. (Anyone know how many years swans live?) Apologies for the grainy shot, it was at some distance, shot on my phone in full zoom.

Swans.jpg

Last edited:

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Found this doing my low tide loop ride counter clockwise edition with a bird watcher/golfer friend of a friend. He handled a bike pretty well nonetheless considering the Giant he was riding was, well, giant to him.

glass ball.jpg

There were 5 other similar sized plastic type ones the same size kind of lined up and spaced out along the beach which seemed odd as I travel that beach alot and these are the first I've seen ever on that section. Trouble was I kept thinking each one was another glass model.....I stashed it up in the beach grass for retrieval with my bigger pack tomorrow.

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
Whilst it’s been a mild summer by our usual scorching standard, it has been very dry
The climate here in South Australia is very Mediterranean, long hot and dry summers and short wet winters
In a couple of months everything in those photos will be green

The weather is bonkas in Aus isn't it? Look at NSW and QLD. Bushfires a year ago, then drought, COVID, mice plagues and now flooding!

Maybe a bit green but this national park is very very dry at the best of times. Its certainly not a pretty place to ride but very harsh aussie bush! I'm looking forward to riding there in winter to see how different it looks. I'll post pics

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
u
Found this doing my low tide loop ride counter clockwise edition with a bird watcher/golfer friend of a friend. He handled a bike pretty well nonetheless considering the Giant he was riding was, well, giant to him.

View attachment 56440

There were 5 other similar sized plastic type ones the same size kind of lined up and spaced out along the beach which seemed odd as I travel that beach alot and these are the first I've seen ever on that section. Trouble was I kept thinking each one was another glass model.....I stashed it up in the beach grass for retrieval with my bigger pack tomorrow.
It's happening ...the aliens have landed ..if that green orb starts glowing ..ebike for the hills ..the glass one will be the leader by the way ..?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK

View attachment 56440

Lobster pot markers?

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Lobster pot markers?

The easy way out....

Never knew that they originated in Norway though. First one I've found personally but my son collects them and keeps them on his deck so that's where it will end up.

Those 5 mile long nets that they mention though are whacked! Not much escaping them for sure.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Cordless sawzall's make fine trail tools, been using them for years for the light duty stuff. Diablo makes some really aggressive and tough blades.
Went through 3 batteries yesterday. Lots of blow-down trees on this old trail. Un-used for years. I’ll pickup a few more blades (aggressive), probably Diablo.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles