Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
E953FC4B-2D8E-4BA4-8808-B89F238F275F_1_105_c.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hills, tractors, alchohol, not tried that combo though sounds dangerous.
I found this old boy near mine .. I gather he likes to drink the strong stuff regularly and keeps it hidden in a water barrel so his wife doesn't find it. Presumably he was three sheets to the wind as he tried to reverse down a track and missed by 10 meters .... I sent him off to find a farmer with a tractor and a cable and I went and got the chainsaw to cut him out .. Looking forward to your pics :unsure: :ROFLMAO: :eek:

booze1.jpg

booze2.jpg

He was pretty lucky not to injure himself. It was quite a drop into the hole and I'm guessing he'd panicked and hit the clutch, freewheeled faster then rapidly stopped thanks to the tree. Must have been quite the roller coaster ride !

Lets hope @B1rdie keeps us uptodate with the drunken Brazilian hill climb challenge !

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
I found this old boy near mine .. I gather he likes to drink the strong stuff regularly and keeps it hidden in a water barrel so his wife doesn't find it. Presumably he was three sheets to the wind as he tried to reverse down a track and missed by 10 meters .... I sent him off to find a farmer with a tractor and a cable and I went and got the chainsaw to cut him out .. Looking forward to your pics :unsure: :ROFLMAO: :eek:

View attachment 56129

View attachment 56130

He was pretty lucky not to injure himself. It was quite a drop into the hole and I'm guessing he'd panicked and hit the clutch, freewheeled faster then rapidly stopped thanks to the tree. Must have been quite the roller coaster ride !

Lets hope @B1rdie keeps us uptodate with the drunken Brazilian hill climb challenge !
The guy who lives at that house is a friend! He worked for me when I had a hang glider business and is actually a hangglider instructor that used that hill for begginers first lessons, but the tracks are being built by some bikers whom I do not know yet, there was a santa cruz test ride day there last month but the organizers did not seem to be happy with the possibility that I showed up at theyr presentation with a Canyon and declined my inscription ?

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
Seeing that tractor stuck reminded me of this 4x4 that got stuck in Auckland in 2019, then so did the digger that went to pull it out, they were there for days, both under water at high tide, still there when I left.

View attachment 56143
I’m guessing this was one of two skid marks left by the rider who left the trail and aimed for the wall just before Hayfield campsite View attachment 56201
I thought ? you meant there was one on the other side of the wall, where the rider had bunny hopped over.???.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
After being shown new trails by someone yesterday and quickly discovering that "Small drop" was anything less than 3 meters ... it was my turn to act as guide for someone today - with slightly more sympathetic trail descriptions. As usual the camera flattens everything out. The guy did really well.

jaws.jpg

The track comes round towards me here, but you can see how many people get it wrong and run straight on into the trees.

elevator.jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Right Lads, enough of the violence, lets build a nice flowy downhill MTB track instead ! That'll show those damned hang gliders !

View attachment 56150
Clothes aside, do you have to look like that before becoming a biker. Or do you end up looking like that after becoming a biker?

I ask because I mate of mine who lives in Abu Dhabi has just joined a Harley Davidson club and rides about with his girlfriend on the back. I just wonder what I'm going to see when he next visits the UK. :unsure:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
‘The finest view in England’ according to James Herriot, author of ‘Only Creatures Great & Small’ - on the Cleveland Way on edge of Hambleton Hills, overlooking the Vale of Mowbray towards the Yorkshire Dales

06ADCBA5-1356-4129-8CB4-2549AA5D461C.jpeg

The full suspension & the hardtail having a little picnic together on a hot date

113E8074-E135-4E26-9A9E-D018BEB069BF.jpeg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
‘The finest view in England’ according to James Herriot, author of ‘Only Creatures Great & Small’ - on the Cleveland Way on edge of Hambleton Hills, overlooking the Vale of Mowbray towards the Yorkshire Dales

View attachment 56263

The full suspension & the hardtail having a little picnic together on a hot date

View attachment 56266
I'll give you the finest view in Yorkshire..maybe.. Tubby 'ol son ..but England ?...
Naah ..'fraid not. ..even though Northumberland has some fantastic scenery the best views in England must surely belong in the Lake District but don't ask me to choose which ..( sorry Mr.Herriot )

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I'll give you the finest view in Yorkshire..maybe.. Tubby 'ol son ..but England ?...
Naah ..'fraid not. ..even though Northumberland has some fantastic scenery the best views in England must surely belong in the Lake District but don't ask me to choose which ..( sorry Mr.Herriot )

Haha I expected a disagreement with Mr Herriot’s ‘views’

Top of the Haystacks looking back over Buttermere maybe ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles