Pic of the Day

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Big old afternoon out on the Pedalstriker 3000. On the horizon is Brighton, the only town in England that looks like it's helping the police with their enquiries.
BW5tkV7V.jpg large.jpg

Penttithefinn

Feb 3, 2021
Suffolk
I'll give you the finest view in Yorkshire..maybe.. Tubby 'ol son ..but England ?...
Naah ..'fraid not. ..even though Northumberland has some fantastic scenery the best views in England must surely belong in the Lake District but don't ask me to choose which ..( sorry Mr.Herriot )
Coming from Suffolk, land of the rising Sun, I have to say hills get in the way of the scenery ;)

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Slightly disappointed with today's ride ..but glad I saw sense prior to getting myself into a bit of bovva ..
Had hoped to do some of the Lonesome Pine Trail ( which I did shaving a good bit off using a short cut to get to Stairway To Heaven) and the full red route at Newcastleton 7 Stanes but having crossed the border into Scotland it soon became apparent that I would only have one bar ( of 5..Bosch Gen 4 ..as I had already used two bars ) to cover the 17 +miles of man made trail and I hadn't got to the singletrack bits yet ..so after stopping at a picnic table for a quick snack & drink turned back and was even a very naughty boy heading back on the " one way " singletrack from the Bloody Bush Toll stone that I had previously come down ..but having ridden it this way while doing some trail maintenance with KTR ..I knew ( and have made it known in the past) that it rides so much better this way ..and it gets so little traffic that its a risk worth taking ..
Still ended up doing 25.3 miles with 3756ft.of climbing ..and had dropped into the last bar prior to finishing the ride..
Lots of pics ..and no apologies ?
The boardwalk " flyover " on Stairway To Heaven ..in total there is around 2km on the Lonesome Pine & Bloodybush trails ..
20210321_121454.jpg
20210321_123018.jpg

Yeah ..I see the sign but won't be taking any notice !
20210321_123541.jpg

The Bloody Bush Toll stone where Drovers had to pay to bring their cattle over from Scotland to England and marks the Border crossing point ..
20210321_124816.jpg
20210321_124932.jpg
20210321_124835.jpg

There's bandits in them there hills ..or used to be in the days of the Border Reivers ..
20210321_125802.jpg

Fantastic weather and a great ride out ..

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Don't tempt me ..you know I have ...?

S
Slightly disappointed with today's ride ..but glad I saw sense prior to getting myself into a bit of bovva ..
Had hoped to do some of the Lonesome Pine Trail ( which I did shaving a good bit off using a short cut to get to Stairway To Heaven) and the full red route at Newcastleton 7 Stanes but having crossed the border into Scotland it soon became apparent that I would only have one bar ( of 5..Bosch Gen 4 ..as I had already used two bars ) to cover the 17 +miles of man made trail and I hadn't got to the singletrack bits yet ..so after stopping at a picnic table for a quick snack & drink turned back and was even a very naughty boy heading back on the " one way " singletrack from the Bloody Bush Toll stone that I had previously come down ..but having ridden it this way while doing some trail maintenance with KTR ..I knew ( and have made it known in the past) that it rides so much better this way ..and it gets so little traffic that its a risk worth taking ..
Still ended up doing 25.3 miles with 3756ft.of climbing ..and had dropped into the last bar prior to finishing the ride..
The boardwalk " flyover " on Stairway To Heaven ..in total there is around 2km on the Lonesome Pine & Bloodybush trails .. View attachment 56274 View attachment 56275
Yeah ..I see the sign but won't be taking any notice ! View attachment 56276
The Bloody Bush Toll stone where Drovers had to pay to bring their cattle over from Scotland to England and marks the Border crossing point .. View attachment 56277 View attachment 56278 View attachment 56279
There's bandits in them there hills ..or used to be in the days of the Border Reivers ..
View attachment 56280

Looks great ??

So on average how much range are you getting out of your 625 battery on typical trail terrain?

I seem to get far less on the full suspension compared to the hardtail, and now she’s using the hardtail she’ll finish the day with three bars and say 45 eco miles left whereas I finish on one bar and 1 mile!. So many variables though, tyres, fitness levels, different bikes, mode choice etc etc

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Clothes aside, do you have to look like that before becoming a biker. Or do you end up looking like that after becoming a biker?

I ask because I mate of mine who lives in Abu Dhabi has just joined a Harley Davidson club and rides about with his girlfriend on the back. I just wonder what I'm going to see when he next visits the UK. :unsure:

been a ‘biker’ all my life and dont took like that! ?

each to their own. It’s just as much a lifestyle choice as any other thing. Some of them do make me laugh with their hells angels image ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
been a ‘biker’ all my life and dont took like that! ?

each to their own. It’s just as much a lifestyle choice as any other thing. Some of them do make me laugh with their hells angels image ?
I don't think you're generally a "Harley Rider" though are you ? in the Sons of Anarchy Sense ? Your bike store looked way too organised !

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
S

Looks great ??

So on average how much range are you getting out of your 625 battery on typical trail terrain?

I seem to get far less on the full suspension compared to the hardtail, and now she’s using the hardtail she’ll finish the day with three bars and say 45 eco miles left whereas I finish on one bar and 1 mile!. So many variables though, tyres, fitness levels, different bikes, mode choice etc etc
You are correct about the variables even down to weather conditions( wind ) ..and how muddy the terrain is ..
Using mainly Tour & a bit of Eco ( even off on steep fire road downs )..I reckon on average I'm good for a minimum 30 miles ..probably 40 ( ? ) in dry & dusty ..with about 4000ft climbing tops ..I will use emtb if I'm going for a quick blast ..but that really eats the battery ..and Turbo is just a novelty ..

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
You are correct about the variables even down to weather conditions( wind ) ..and how muddy the terrain is ..
Using mainly Tour & a bit of Eco ( even off on steep fire road downs )..I reckon on average I'm good for a minimum 30 miles ..probably 40 ( ? ) in dry & dusty ..with about 4000ft climbing tops ..I will use emtb if I'm going for a quick blast ..but that really eats the battery ..and Turbo is just a novelty ..

I’m using tour on tarmac to get me to the trails (turbo up Kepwick bank though!) and then emtb mostly, getting around 30-35 on average, with around 3000ft ascent

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
The boardwalk " flyover " on Stairway To Heaven ..in total there is around 2km on the Lonesome Pine & Bloodybush trails .. View attachment 56274 View attachment 56275
Yeah ..I see the sign but won't be taking any notice ! View attachment 56276
The Bloody Bush Toll stone where Drovers had to pay to bring their cattle over from Scotland to England and marks the Border crossing point .. View attachment 56277 View attachment 56278 View attachment 56279
View attachment 56280
Do you have to pack a passport?

TR5_20

Nov 22, 2020
Scotland
Not yet..?
Neither were there any border guards ...or for that matter any form of human life .
Sneaked in and out without anyone knowing ( until I broadcast the fact on here ..)
Ye're Breakin' The Law....! ????????? :D

From The ScotGov Website;

Travel between Scotland and the rest of the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
Under current Scottish law, given the state of the epidemic, unless you have a reasonable excuse you must not travel between Scotland and:

• England
  • Northern Ireland
  • Wales
  • Republic of Ireland
  • Jersey
  • Guernsey
  • The Isle of Man

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Cheers for the info ..?
But your website has got the wording slightly wrong ..I didn't travel between Scotland & England ..but started my journey from England into Scotland ..although I will concede that on my return journey I very much started in Scotland ( but really I only did it to escape the hordes of tourists who flock into my village every weekend ..)
I saw nobody ...which in the true spirit of the law doesn't make it right ..but I really don't care..

Last edited:

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Cheers for the info ..?
But your website has got the wording slightly wrong ..I didn't travel between Scotland & England ..but started my journey from England into Scotland ..although I will concede that on my return journey I very much started in Scotland ( but really I only did it to escape the hordes of tourists who flock into my village every weekend ..)
I saw nobody ...which in the true spirit of the law doesn't make it right ..but I really don't care..
I saw nobody
phew! that was a lucky escape. You could have bumped into Gary!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles