Pic of the Day

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
All this talk of levo made me jump on mine tonight. Little cruise down the river....

DE00B47E-319C-4190-A330-8BCD7521CB2F.jpeg

4B000ED7-6939-4DCC-BE21-34C99B986D40.jpeg

9818BB7E-FF75-43FE-97F5-2CE7ECCC85A2.jpeg

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
I think there's another thread for injuries, but I can't remember what it's called ....

First time I've ever taken a Selfie ?! It's virtually impossible, how do you contort yourself and know where to point the damned thing !

Anyway, excuse the nipple. Troy Lee did a magnificent job with just minor scuffing here which was a good hit/slide over pointy rocks (crash no.2 - not pictured) Armour UP ! :) Will probably be bruised tomorrow, but who cares.

Left hand/forearm isn't working properly, so I guess I bent that backwards or something. Forgot shin guards - which was unfortunate as those would have saved some mess. The worst bits are lower abbs and groin area - I'll PM them to everyone .. rather uncomfortable ! Sadly no armour round there. Someone like @BAMBAMODA would instantly deploy their massive extendable protection rod and smash rocks into tiny pebbles. (Though I think it was actually a tree stump, anyway, it was enough to make it the second to last run of the day).

View attachment 56646

#PUSSY ! :ROFLMAO:
At least you won’t be having another bruise on your arm from a Covid jab ........as you live in Europe!

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
I think there's another thread for injuries, but I can't remember what it's called ....

First time I've ever taken a Selfie ?! It's virtually impossible, how do you contort yourself and know where to point the damned thing !

Anyway, excuse the nipple. Troy Lee did a magnificent job with just minor scuffing here which was a good hit/slide over pointy rocks (crash no.2 - not pictured) Armour UP ! :) Will probably be bruised tomorrow, but who cares.

Left hand/forearm isn't working properly, so I guess I bent that backwards or something. Forgot shin guards - which was unfortunate as those would have saved some mess. The worst bits are lower abbs and groin area - I'll PM them to everyone .. rather uncomfortable ! Sadly no armour round there. Someone like @BAMBAMODA would instantly deploy their massive extendable protection rod and smash rocks into tiny pebbles. (Though I think it was actually a tree stump, anyway, it was enough to make it the second to last run of the day).

View attachment 56646

#PUSSY ! :ROFLMAO:
Soft as shiiiite ?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
This is a view of part of the canal that goes from Grantham to Nottingham (UK).
From left to right we have, the lock gates, lockkeeper's cottage, humpback bridge, the pub locally known as "The Mucky Duck" on account of its weathervane which has two ducks doing what ducks do. :) It is partly hidden behind the tree.

Where am I? I am stood on the bed of the disused railway built in early Victorian times to move the ironstone being quarried nearby. The actual location is on another bridge going over the disused road that comes over the humpback bridge in front of you.

Mucky Duck.jpg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
From left to right we have, the lock gates, lockkeeper's cottage, humpback bridge, the pub locally known as "The Mucky Duck" on account of its weathervane which has two ducks doing what ducks do. :) It is partly hidden behind the tree.

Where am I? I am stood on the bed of the disused railway built in early Victorian times to move the ironstone being quarried nearby. The actual location is on another bridge going over the disused road that comes over the humpback bridge in front of you.

View attachment 56705

Looks lovely Steve, like a picture postcard!

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire

is this the route Steve
View attachment 56653
1616689611903.png
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
That's the one! I have not ridden that from end to end and I'm not convinced that you can do so anyway, although most of it is possible.
I was at Woolsthorpe Locks (on your map). The canal stops just after the A1 before it gets to Grantham. There are several places along the canal where there is no towpath under various bridges. And I have no idea how far the canal goes into Nottingham, or where it does so , even if it has a towpath. Once the commercial canal barges disappeared from the canal, a lot of road bridges were built over the canal without regard to water traffic or walkers along the towpath, effectively blocking access for both. Under local pressure, some flat bridges have been replaced with arch bridges to allow barge and people traffic, but they were very costly.

I have only ridden the canal section south of where Easthorpe is towards the A1 at Grantham in both directions. South of the canal and west of Woolsthorpe lock you will see Belvoir. That is the site of Belvoir Castle. Belvoir is actually a corruption of the French words Belle Voir (beautiful view, maybe "nice to see"). The locals pronounce it as "Beaver".

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
That's the one! I have not ridden that from end to end and I'm not convinced that you can do so anyway, although most of it is possible.
I was at Woolsthorpe Locks (on your map). The canal stops just after the A1 before it gets to Grantham. There are several places along the canal where there is no towpath under various bridges. And I have no idea how far the canal goes into Nottingham, or where it does so , even if it has a towpath. Once the commercial canal barges disappeared from the canal, a lot of road bridges were built over the canal without regard to water traffic or walkers along the towpath, effectively blocking access for both. Under local pressure, some flat bridges have been replaced with arch bridges to allow barge and people traffic, but they were very costly.

I have only ridden the canal section south of where Easthorpe is towards the A1 at Grantham in both directions. South of the canal and west of Woolsthorpe lock you will see Belvoir. That is the site of Belvoir Castle. Belvoir is actually a corruption of the French words Belle Voir (beautiful view, maybe "nice to see"). The locals pronounce it as "Beaver".
thanks for that Steve, might give it try one day with "leader of the oppesition" looks nice especially
pubs on canals ha ha
for others this is a Komoot map

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hell thats awful..have you seen a doc..
Tis but a scratch ! :) Been Icing every 1-2 hours (including last night - couldn't sleep anyway).

Might throw a bit of a splint together, its not easy though, you wouldn't believe how painful it was to open my jar of olives to snack with my beer :ROFLMAO:

Doesn't feel broken, fingers work sort of. Just very swollen and all a bit miss aligned temporarily !!

I'm working on the miracle healing option.

Anyway ...this is supposed to be pic of the day, not prick of the day ! (y)?

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Tis but a scratch ! :) Been Icing every 1-2 hours (including last night - couldn't sleep anyway).

Might throw a bit of a splint together, its not easy though, you wouldn't believe how painful it was to open my jar of olives to snack with my beer :ROFLMAO:

Doesn't feel broken, fingers work sort of. Just very swollen and all a bit miss aligned temporarily !!

I'm working on the miracle healing option.

Anyway ...this is supposed to be pic of the day, not prick of the day ! (y)?
New hobby day?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Out looking for beaver.
Didn’t find any. Story of my life ☹
Sounds just like my trip to the supermarket this morning ....

I didn't think things were stacked in my favour though .. a limping bloke pushing a trolley, one handed, with more beer and dog food than sensible purchases - whilst holding one arm in a weird across chest opposite roman heart salute. If that wasn't bad enough the last two days and I've managed to pick up a full face sun tan/wind burn. So it looks like I fell asleep outside and someone rested a childs's toilet seat adaptor over my face ! :p :eek::rolleyes: (there isn't a beaver emoji......)

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
This is taken in the village of Bottesford, Notts, UK. I am stood on a foot bridge over the River Devon (pronounced Deevon) looking at the village church. Lovely day.
When the river floods, it flows under those railings that you can see and into the gardens!!
The saddle is a WTB Rocket. Mudguard is BTwin 700.

View attachment 56706

An in-spire-ing photo!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles