Pic of the Day

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
After months of hibernating in the house and doing nothing much other than work, reading, watching TV, and snacking, I got back on the bike this week.

I got the good news last October that I’d be able to keep my leg. I was ecstatic! So much stress and uncertainty for so many months was miserable. And, though I enjoyed my time on the e-handcycle, I was OVER it.

But I spent this past winter feeling like I was FREEZING all the time, so the last thing I wanted to do was kit up (even in nice days) and go be cold.

It’s warm again here in the High Desert, thankfully. I feel like being outside and I really, REALLY feel like getting off my fat ass and riding again. FINALLY.

I recently found a Burley Minnow trailer locally for cheap and was able to remove the seat. I added some D-rings for tie downs and now Sweet Pea the Adventure Dachsie has a shaded, vented place to tag along.

We’ll be back to weekend bikepacking soon!
IMG_0173.jpg

97198D0C-FD9D-44E2-987F-47B1FCB144ED.jpg

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Did a little riding in the mist today. It was a little eerie riding with such low visibility. SoCal dirt is near perfect right now
View attachment 111438
When I'm walking in the hills in thick mist then you meet someone that's the same the come out of the dark , stay of the moors eh . It's really scary on a fishing boat especially when the radar is broken.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
When I'm walking in the hills in thick mist then you meet someone that's the same the come out of the dark , stay of the moors eh . It's really scary on a fishing boat especially when the radar is broken.
I reckon it would be bloody scary on the moors in a fishing boat ..and yeah the radar would be well & truly fkd if thats where you ended up 😉

Last edited:

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Bliss chapel for us, really nice. Mother-in-law treated us to the Helicopter Grand Canyon trip yesterday, absolutely amazing. Definitely worth doing if the chance arises.
Even the kids loved it lol.
Wifey took photos whilst I did the video so not much to show as I've not rendered the footage etc yet.
View attachment 111300 View attachment 111301 View attachment 111302 View attachment 111303
Been there , done that, got the fridge magnet ( the helicopter, not the chapel) . Its a beautiful day, by U2 ,coming through the headphones kind of summed it all up.

RsGaz

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
N. Lincolnshire
Bliss chapel for us, really nice. Mother-in-law treated us to the Helicopter Grand Canyon trip yesterday, absolutely amazing. Definitely worth doing if the chance arises.
Even the kids loved it lol.
Wifey took photos whilst I did the video so not much to show as I've not rendered the footage etc yet.
View attachment 111300 View attachment 111301 View attachment 111302 View attachment 111303
Yes we did that, over hoover dam then land in canyon for picnic, was mega

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Its all brown round here - its like that most of the winter - its called MUD!

I reckon it would be bloody scary on the moors in a fishing boat ..and yeah the radar would be well & truly fkd if thats where you ended up 😉
I think meeting you on the moors would be expensive cos we would have to go for a dram if we ever worked out who we were .

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Wife's birthday on Thursday so went on a (what was meant to be) mellow but muddy 16 mile ride around Kingley Vale in West Sussex. After overnight rain the weather was great and we stopped for the obligatory pic. Then suddenly dark clouds rolled in from the West and we quickly became sad cold drowned rats ...

20230413_130829.jpg

Last edited:

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Wife's birthday on Thursday so went on a (what was meant to be) mellow but muddy 16 mile ride around Kingley Vale in West Sussex. After overnight rain the weather was great and we stopped for the obligatory pic. Then suddenly dark clouds rolled in from the West and we quickly became sad cold drowned rats ...

View attachment 111593
Didn't think it even rained down your way. When I see the forecast ìts always sunny and 15 degrees hotter than my area.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
What's St Swithens day
Swithin's Day, also called St. Swithun's Day, (July 15), a day on which, according to folklore, the weather for a subsequent period is dictated. In popular belief, if it rains on St. Swithin's Day, it will rain for 40 days, but if it is fair, 40 days of fair weather will follow.
Swithun (or Swithin; Old English: Swīþhūn; Latin: Swithunus; died 863) was an Anglo-Saxon bishop of Winchester and subsequently patron saint of Winchester Cathedral. His historical importance as bishop is overshadowed by his reputation for posthumous miracle-working.

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever

View attachment 111593
What a great birthday present for your wife. 👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles