Pic of the Day

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
So 10 weeks after breaking my ribs I'm back out in the peak District. Spoiler alert..it was wet.

PXL_20210808_111822187.jpg

PXL_20210808_160243393.jpg

EME

MUPPET
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
[QUOTE="BAMBAMODA, post: .....,,like women until they realize I have no clue what their name is and have to look at their name on my phone
[/QUOTE]
..... and you wonder why after 30 years of marriage she’d had enough of you ????

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Needed a bit of a loosener this evening ..my legs were a little stiff after the weekend's ride ..so headed up to the trails at Kielder ..
Just what the quack ordered
Edit: I even rode most of the ride in emtb mode ( usually a Tour mode man ) ..and surprisingly didnt feel even slightly guilty for doing so ?
20210809_172602.jpg
20210809_171709.jpg
20210809_181706.jpg
20210809_173636.jpg
20210809_182546.jpg
20210809_182905.jpg

Last edited:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Needed a bit of a loosener this evening ..my legs were a little stiff after the weekend's ride ..so headed up to the trails at Kielder ..
Just what the quack ordered
View attachment 68571 View attachment 68572 View attachment 68573 View attachment 68574 View attachment 68576 View attachment 68577

What are the trails like at Kielder Hodgey ? Should take the trip up there one day really. Is it worth a 2 hr 15 min drive ?

Also where do they start from ? I’m hoping my cast will be off in a couple of weeks time so need some gentle XC loop trails to get me going again

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Well mate ..Im pretty biased having been quite involved with the trail building from its inception ( but nothing for a while now ) ..I really rate the place ..there is over 100 miles of man made trails to go at but the majority of folks who come up do the 27 mile Lakeside Way ..which is motorway stuff and while very scenic ..not terribly exciting ..
If you want a guided tour of some of the best Red singletrack ( mixing up the best from all three trails) I would be more than happy to show you around given a bit of notice ..that would also include some " Blue " trail which would be a Red if it had more features ..but as a flow trail its fantastic ..
Quite a long winded reply ..but the short answer is that far from wasting your time I think you would really like it ..?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Well mate ..Im pretty biased having been quite involved with the trail building from its inception ( but nothing for a while now ) ..I really rate the place ..there is over 100 miles of man made trails to go at but the majority of folks who come up do the 27 mile Lakeside Way ..which is motorway stuff and while very scenic ..not terribly exciting ..
If you want a guided tour of some of the best Red singletrack ( mixing up the best from all three trails) I would be more than happy to show you around given a bit of notice ..that would also include some " Blue " trail which would be a Red if it had more features ..but as a flow trail its fantastic ..
Quite a long winded reply ..but the short answer is that far from wasting your time I think you would really like it ..?

Thanks Hodge, might well take you up on that offer. Absolutely itching to ride, it’s been over five weeks now since my spill and the ribs have just about recovered, find out if I can have my cast off my arm in about a weeks’ time, so will let you know after ??

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
I can tell from your vids that you cant wait to get back on the bike ..it is very frustrating when injury calls a halt ..
Just let me know ..Im free usually Saturdays & Mondays ..Sundays at a push ..

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
I loved the so called blue Osprey trail,
never rode it before the Hodge took me on a tour ?

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
And a new pair of Hummvee XXXXXXXXL are winging their way to my formerly pert arse as we speak.

Lost rucksack update, I bought a load of bits to replace the contents, tool, levers, repair kits, tubes etc. Then I found the rucksack in the garage. Two of everything!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles