Pic of the Day

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Last night I made a dash for Rivington as not been out for a week due to work commitments, a son moving house and Christening his son, our Grandson, on Sunday! Madness...

Bumped into a guy called Chris, whom I've met up there before and knows the off-piste trails like the back of his hand. So we went an did the ones local to the Pigeon Tower (don't ask me the names!). He said we should do 'Secret Single Track' and heading over there we bumped into another lad called Dom who already knew Chris. Dom, was up for the threesome too! ?

What a great route, hardly used, rough and rocky and steep as well as narrow (single track meant, no more than three tyre widths for most of it!). Dropped into a quarry, literally, must have been 60 degrees slope for about 30ft. Great fun and many years since I'd done that sort of stuff.

I left them as they headed back into Bolton and made the climb back to Rivington and thought, might as well go up the Pike as it was quiet and good weather.

Pike n Rise.jpg

Could really see the Cumbrian fells in the distance too - very clear (centre of photo). So took the off-piste drop off the back of the Pike towards the Pigeon Tower to finish with the 'Ice Cream' run back down to the car.

Cumbrian Hills from Pike.jpg

Just over 15 miles, 2250ft, 1100kCals.

Rivington Off-Piste.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Last night I made a dash for Rivington as not been out for a week due to work commitments, a son moving house and Christening his son, our Grandson, on Sunday! Madness...

Bumped into a guy called Chris, whom I've met up there before and knows the off-piste trails like the back of his hand. So we went an did the ones local to the Pigeon Tower (don't ask me the names!). He said we should do 'Secret Single Track' and heading over there we bumped into another lad called Dom who already knew Chris. Dom, was up for the threesome too! ?

What a great route, hardly used, rough and rocky and steep as well as narrow (single track meant, no more than three tyre widths for most of it!). Dropped into a quarry, literally, must have been 60 degrees slope for about 30ft. Great fun and many years since I'd done that sort of stuff.

I left them as they headed back into Bolton and made the climb back to Rivington and thought, might as well go up the Pike as it was quiet and good weather.

View attachment 67958

Could really see the Cumbrian fells in the distance too - very clear (centre of photo). So took the off-piste drop off the back of the Pike towards the Pigeon Tower to finish with the 'Ice Cream' run back down to the car.

View attachment 67959

Just over 15 miles, 2250ft, 1100kCals.

View attachment 67960

What a great ride out ?

E150rob

Jul 14, 2021
Teeside

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Went out to hook up with hot single ladies in my area.

View attachment 68030
Long shot but if any of the south downs crew chance across a black & blue rucksack out on the trails, that I think I might have absentmindedly left somewhere, then there's a few goodies in it for you, a multi tool, couple of pumps, load of puncture repair stuff. Alternatively, I'll have it back.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
That downhill track in the second pic looks a bit tasty !??
Highway bowl. Its the backside and out of bounds of the resort in winter. It gets skied fairly often. The front side where the trail is that im on is out of bounds in the winter as well but just a short tour outside the rope line. It was the cat skiing terrain and just outside the rope(south bowl, montana bowl/trees and kokanee bowl) . Quite popular slackcountry zone and ez to duck out for a short walk to 2000ft freshies and duck back in to the upper lift and repeat. So popular they stopped the cat skiing operation. Cat skiing guests didnt like paying big $ to ski over our turns i guess

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
@ant0
This might sound a bit stooopid ..but Ive just been looking at your pics again and think I recognise the second but last one as being in Inshriach Forest ..?☺
Our mtb group stayed at Loch Insh Watersport Centre for a week a few years back and if Im not mistaken that looks like a slab near to Uath Lochan ..but hey ..you know I could be wrong ..I dont remember every rock Ive ridden ?

ant0

Feb 25, 2021
Aviemore, Scotland
@ant0
This might sound a bit stooopid ..but Ive just been looking at your pics again and think I recognise the second but last one as being in Inshriach Forest ..?☺
Our mtb group stayed at Loch Insh Watersport Centre for a week a few years back and if Im not mistaken that looks like a slab near to Uath Lochan ..but hey ..you know I could be wrong ..I dont remember every rock Ive ridden ?
Not that slab I'm afraid, the one on the 2nd last pic is on a brand new lockdown trail in High Burnside at Aviemore.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles