Pic of the Day

richysgc

Nov 9, 2020
Sunderland
Its been a good few years since Ive been up there Richy ..and never on the route you took ( started Garrigill ) ..
Im interested in the route you took back from High Cup Nick ..would I be right in assuming it was on the bridleway over Murton Fell..skirting Murton Pike ?
Having not ridden that section what is the track like ..grassy ? rocky? highly technical or flowing ?
Also what was the little squiggly loop you did on that section ..I cant work it out from that map ..?
Or have I got the direction wrong and you climbed up from Murton?
Cheers ..
View attachment 67374

i started at dufton mate and cycled upto murton then up towards murton pike and onto high cup nick that way and came straight down to dufton.
However the path up to murton gill from murton side isnt too bad, its a fire road most of the way which made an easy enough climb, could see it been abit slippery in the wet though and its quite steep.

Damn your keen eye though, that little squiggly loop was me going in the wrong direction and ended up having to push the bike back to the track ???

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock
Went to ride some DH. Today I'm shopping for new pedals ?

pedals.png

Last edited:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
i started at dufton mate and cycled upto murton then up towards murton pike and onto high cup nick that way and came straight down to dufton.
However the path up to murton gill from murton side isnt too bad, its a fire road most of the way which made an easy enough climb, could see it been abit slippery in the wet though and its quite steep.

Damn your keen eye though, that little squiggly loop was me going in the wrong direction and ended up having to push the bike back to the track ???
Cheers for the reply Richy ..that made me laugh..?
Will have to give that a try sometime ?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Took the Powerfly 5’s on vacation with us this week. We had to time our rides and locations to avoid the smoke and fire ?. The wind seemed to change every 4 hours. We had 4 rides in 7 days. Helicopters and Water bombers were constantly flying above. There was lots of eBike action in the area and roadies practicing for a race.
Long Horn Sheep slowed our ride one day. You can see the (red) fire retardant on the hillside and that’s a pic of the sunset.

4F8742B3-875A-443F-94EF-AD66AB014FF9.png

E9F2F8DF-4440-4CB3-AC19-0FCB3753A3B8.jpeg

F88F2E1C-C852-4886-AA21-49E60C0E018A.jpeg

C5EF7A10-F8B0-48AF-AB32-786CBB771977.jpeg

BA9ED05E-0EDE-46C4-8EE3-3B5A585AD0C8.jpeg

9C8C6B93-4B24-45A0-9B70-F8FE7FA2A23B.jpeg

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Poor Tom. Don't know if any of you listen to/watch the podcast Olly Wilkins does but the host, Davi Birks banged himself up last week too, broke a bunch of ribs to the extent Olly said he was left unable to speak.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Long Mynd, Shropshire UK today.
Did the entire route below. 32 miles in total from cottage and back. Took two 500wh batteries.
2nd battery still had the 5 full bars when I got home. Mainly in EMTB and Turbo
To be fair there were quite a few bits I needed to hike and bike. Just had one over the bar crash but got away with a few scratches. Totally forgot I was carrying a spare battery on my back when I landed. Those EVOC e-ride rucksacks are amazing. I’m still alive today to prove it

DC54D3ED-9312-4D02-9FD9-F403348C93FC.jpeg

9FE95455-0783-4ECA-AB3E-E07226189B0C.jpeg

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
These fine gentlemen were outside the pub randomly playing tunes on their guitars, enjoying some adult refreshments and fully entertaining the beer garden crowd at the Anglers Arms just off of Backbarrow. Had an awesome day out on the train and boat ride from Lakeside to Bowness. Never been to Windermere and found it absolutely stunning. Really wish i had brought my bike now but had to choose between that and the kids so the Haibike just lost out.
Screenshot_20210726-203031.jpg
IMG_20210726_165134.jpg
IMG_20210726_180239.jpg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
These fine gentlemen were outside the pub randomly playing tunes on their guitars, enjoying some adult refreshments and fully entertaining the beer garden crowd at the Anglers Arms just off of Backbarrow. Had an awesome day out on the train and boat ride from Lakeside to Bowness. Never been to Windermere and found it absolutely stunning. Really wish i had brought my bike now but had to choose between that and the kids so the Haibike just lost out. View attachment 67458 View attachment 67460 View attachment 67461
Know it well, just 15 miles from my house.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Long Mynd, Shropshire UK today.
Did the entire route below. 32 miles in total from cottage and back. Took two 500wh batteries.
2nd battery still had the 5 full bars when I got home. Mainly in EMTB and Turbo
To be fair there were quite a few bits I needed to hike and bike. Just had one over the bar crash but got away with a few scratches. Totally forgot I was carrying a spare battery on my back when I landed. Those EVOC e-ride rucksacks are amazing. I’m still alive today to prove it

View attachment 67448
View attachment 67449
We spent as long weekend there, staying in Little Stretton, it's a fantantic area and the pub food ensured we left heavier than when we'd arrived.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
woooo that reminds me.... i had ice cream for the 1st time in donkeys years when over in Bowness from a geleto shop ! Thunder and lightning flavour was delicious though.
IMG_20210726_144222.jpg

@Nicho your blessed with some amazing scenery and i expect the riding is amazing too, We ventured out to Wray castle today and then over to Ambleside. Chatted to a couple on a hardseven and a trekking Haibike and gave them some tips as they were just hiring for the day and seemed a bit lost with the settings ! ( the only thing that was explained to them from the shop they hired from was turbo mode and to keep it in that setting ! WTF ? ) got them a tad more clued up and they seemed a bit happier.
I just found out from the missus that the place were staying is a 99 year timeshare thats ours every year this week absolutely beaming as although i left the bike at home it means ive got a few years to get it here with me at some point lol.

Yessssssss

Last edited:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
woooo that reminds me.... i had ice cream for the 1st time in donkeys years when over in Bowness from a geleto shop ! Thunder and lightning flavour was delicious though. View attachment 67544
@Nicho your blessed with some amazing scenery and i expect the riding is amazing too, We ventured out to Wray castle today and then over to Ambleside. Chatted to a couple on a hardseven and a trekking Haibike and gave them some tips as they were just hiring for the day and seemed a bit lost with the settings ! ( the only thing that was explained to them from the shop they hired from was turbo mode and to keep it in that setting ! WTF ? ) got them a tad more clued up and they seemed a bit happier.
I just found out from the missus that the place were staying is a 99 year timeshare thats ours every year this week absolutely beaming as although i left the bike at home it means ive got a few years to get it here with me at some point lol.

Yessssssss
Thats one helluva nice present the missus got your family with that timeshare ..?
Although I'm 1.5 -2hrs away in Northumberland ..Ive ridden quite a few routes in The Lakes over the years so next time you visit with your bike if you want a riding buddy..give me a shout ..?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Advised to take 3 months off to recover! Looks like his mate was pushing him to do the front flip too, out of his comfort zone
Three months sucks. I think Kara will be getting a lot of coaching ! Cardy's more than capable of doing what he was doing, certainly not outside of his comfort zone. He just over flipped it slightly, accidents are going to happen. Don't forget he was the 2014 uk dirt jump champion and taking the overall European FMB world tour AM championships. He is getting on a bit though 27 ? :)

Don't forget he lives with Pilgrim ... if anyones going to push your comfort zone ........

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Controversial opinion, for a change...I think he's marginally the better rider than Pilgs, going by the bag of tricks he owns.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Controversial opinion, for a change...I think he's marginally the better rider than Pilgs, going by the bag of tricks he owns.
Oooooh "Better" that's a difficult one to define. I think they're both very different riders who complement each other really well. I think Pilgs is a more capable all round rider. Cardy is more precise, more careful, possibly more creative ? Pilgs is more determined and confident.

At an axe throwing competition, Pilgs would arrive with a sledgehammer and keep throwing it until it sticks ! Cardy would patiently think about it then throw a chop stick and split someones axe in half.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Oooooh "Better" that's a difficult one to define. I think they're both very different riders who complement each other really well. I think Pilgs is a more capable all round rider. Cardy is more precise, more careful, possibly more creative ? Pilgs is more determined and confident.

At an axe throwing competition, Pilgs would arrive with a sledgehammer and keep throwing it until it sticks ! Cardy would patiently think about it then throw a chop stick and split someones axe in half.
Hard to argue with that. I could have been more descriptive...I think Cards is the more creative rider on a dirt jump bike, he has a great eye for accuracy & the limits of what can be done on a bike. Pilgs is by far the more ebullient rider & character & that is part of the package too.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Hard to argue with that. I could have been more descriptive...I think Cards is the more creative rider on a dirt jump bike, he has a great eye for accuracy & the limits of what can be done on a bike. Pilgs is by far the more ebullient rider & character & that is part of the package too.

As a young couple, Tom & Kara, it must have been quite a decision to move house and go and live in the Pilgrim Playboy Mansion. No doubt there’s some creative YouTube channel ideas being cooked up in the kitchen, although Tom’s accident & recovery will change those plans somewhat

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles