Pic of the Day

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Some pics from the past couple of days while on the ride.
Mama bear chased me off while protecting her 2 cubs. Long Horn Sheep past infront of me (22 of them). Hills on fire ? for our vacation ride. Things are almost back to normal here after Covid. ?

C13BFAF9-F0BC-44CA-A861-E70118625961.jpeg

3ED6E1F5-73B1-4E49-A34D-80EA7B05F4B2.jpeg

ECAACF8C-34B7-4709-BB2C-CC254CA584F8.jpeg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Nope…no thanks. I can’t even throw a rock that far.
I’m resurrecting an abandoned trail here. This is one of several gaps/jumps/spans that go nowhere. It may have been for a video shoot years ago. Each jump is higher than me and the largest gap is 45’. I’ve had to build a beginning and connect the end to another secret trail. Oh, and a few chicken lanes. ?
Takes about 20min to ride here and should be rideable in about a week.

45019F29-6D79-4838-B6D3-5D0AF575C75C.jpeg

07EBA35B-BA48-4D42-B6BB-8CE2D685D2B0.jpeg

54541A1E-4EE2-4FDD-BDB5-EEAF9F9DDC0F.jpeg

C200566E-65DD-41E9-BC6D-3B94A5B6F0DA.jpeg

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Another epic ride in the Cheviots today courtesy of Mr Hodge. The weather wasn’t great but hey skin is waterproof !
Started out at Shillmore farm and headed up to the border ridge, then a raid into Scotland via Belford and back into England via an ancient drovers road called the Street ( long long climb and a super fast decent into Slymefoot…….
Back to the cars with Zero range and one bar leky in the tank.
Mr Hodge is sure to add to the ride description and pics…..great day out.
The Hodge descending a hill called the Middle (very fast and slippery in the wet)

169497FB-DC18-4745-8F9B-918F527A9744.jpeg

AA1E9653-27E4-4962-B901-87E63CF0EFBB.jpeg

54B79ADC-FFCE-4519-B569-0F04DCCDCBF7.jpeg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
C'mon now ...
Whosoever gave me the title "shutterbug " has got to have a re-think and bestow that upon the person above ( Etoni) ..who not only takes better pics ..but also dare I say ..a lot lot more than myself ..
I am not worthy ..?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
thanks. as i mentioned before, i really like scotland and would be proud to go biking there. you guys are lucky.
Most of the riding we do is actually in England ..Northumberland is the Northernmost county ( along with Cumbria) and in the Cheviot Hills especially along the Border Ridge the only thing seperating you from Scotland is the wire fence ..
We did cross over the border today though ..
I do agree with you though Etoni..all of my favourite riding spots are in Scotland and I particularly love the N.W.Highlands & Islands ..and cant wait to revisit them on an ebike ..

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Most of the riding we do is actually in England ..Northumberland is the Northernmost county ( along with Cumbria) and in the Cheviot Hills especially along the Border Ridge the only thing seperating you from Scotland is the wire fence ..
We did cross over the border today though ..
I do agree with you though Etoni..all of my favourite riding spots are in Scotland and I particularly love the N.W.Highlands & Islands ..and cant wait to revisit them on an ebike ..

I don’t care where I ride as long as there is good craic along the way, after all it’s the company that makes the ride ??

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Another epic ride in the Cheviots today courtesy of Mr Hodge. The weather wasn’t great but hey skin is waterproof !
Started out at Shillmore farm and headed up to the border ridge, then a raid into Scotland via Belford and back into England via an ancient drovers road called the Street ( long long climb and a super fast decent into Slymefoot…….
Back to the cars with Zero range and one bar leky in the tank.
Mr Hodge is sure to add to the ride description and pics…..great day out.
The Hodge descending a hill called the Middle (very fast and slippery in the wet)

View attachment 67777

View attachment 67778

View attachment 67779
Nice foreword mate ???
Only joking !
Not a whole lot more to add ..but obviously Im going to try ..
The ride did start out wet and continued in that vein ..
As the EMF mentioned we started at Shilmoor..and went totally against the grain by going UP the valley following the Usway Burn ..( As any right-minded local mountain biker will tell you this is a complete no-no )..
Yes it does make a scenic drop ..but its much more challenging going up and testing yourself on the narrow off camber sections ..where EMF excelled and I was having a complete 'mare.. and you can also enjoy the scenery more ..
This is taken from the footbridge at Fairhaugh..
20210731_095549.jpg

This leads on to Middle Hill and after climbing up you get a nice fast drop down the other side ( as shown on EMF 's first pic) ..this is him starting the drop from the top
20210731_100904.jpg

More climbing followed on the track up Hazely Law ( top left near the trees) ..all the way up to the Border Ridge where a fantastic drop on Clennell Street takes you down to Cocklawfoot in Scotland .
I cocked up here and took us the wrong way for a couple of Km's ..so four in total as we had to re-trace.. which could have had consequences at the end of the ride ..( a good kicking off Wayne if we had run out of battery ☺)
At Belford another climb up onto the Street ..and a photo opportunity to view these new Eco-houses popping up in Scotland ..basically you build the stonework around a tree and just snap a branch or two off for your heating requirements when needed
20210731_120936.jpg
..this one is still a work in progress...
A quick word at this stage about Wayne's second pic ..mainly that he didnt allow me to breathe in so I look like a right fat bastard ..which might explain the grumpy look on my face ..
Just to prove I can smile ( or is that a grimace )..
20210731_121922.jpg

As mentioned a lot of climbing on The Street ..at which point we were ekeing out the power mode on the battery between Eco & Off and Tour on only the very steepest sections of climbs ..
The Slymefoot drop was enough reward as the last section of off - road ..and on the 2 mile road section back ..it didnt really matter if the battery failed ..but we made it ..just !
20210731_143008.jpg

I was so grateful to Wayne for the fact that he had brought along his Mobi Bike Washer ..as the amount of Sheep Shit clinging to both the bike and myself ( I had a change of clothes) was off the scale ..
Once again my thanks to Wayne for your company & craic on what was truly an " epic " ride ?
Rounding up the stats ..29 miles with just shy of 3000ft of climbing in the mizzling rain ..3.45 hours moving time ..

Last edited:

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Nope…no thanks. I can’t even throw a rock that far.
I’m resurrecting an abandoned trail here. This is one of several gaps/jumps/spans that go nowhere. It may have been for a video shoot years ago. Each jump is higher than me and the largest gap is 45’. I’ve had to build a beginning and connect the end to another secret trail. Oh, and a few chicken lanes. ?
Takes about 20min to ride here and should be rideable in about a week.

View attachment 67691

View attachment 67692

View attachment 67693

View attachment 67694
Good work! Are you up on Burke? Say hello to Vic for me if you see him

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Good work! Are you up on Burke? Say hello to Vic for me if you see him
I’ve only met Vic a couple of times. He’s getting on in age but is well known for his trails and contributions on Burke Mountian. One of my favourite trails is ‘Lower Vics’. There’s some new blood carrying on his legacy. ??

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I’ve only met Vic a couple of times. He’s getting on in age but is well known for his trails and contributions on Burke Mountian. One of my favourite trails is ‘Lower Vics’. There’s some new blood carrying on his legacy. ??
Right on! Havent ridden with him in a few years. He must be 80 or close to it now. One inspiring indivudual
edit: just saw a fb "memories" notification and it was 10 yrs ago today we last rode. A group of 5 of us rode Sale mt/martha creek . Vic and Christine were both flying

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles