Pic of the Day

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I'm starting to understand the attraction to water - it's an age/hydration thing ?

Hodge PM'd me this and said it was you before your pre-ride shower ? He does like to take a picture or 2 - million.

View attachment 68831
Psssst @The EMF ...that bank job we did the other night so we could go to Switzerland ...em..I may have inadvertently sent a picture of the stash bag ( disguised as a mummy) ..to Zimms by mistake ..but I think we have got away with it ...
Are you still ok for that post office job later on today ..??

Last edited:

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Psssst @The EMF ...that bank job we did the other night so we could go to Switzerland ...em..I may have inadvertently sent a picture of the stash bag ( disguised as a mummy) ..to Zimms by mistake ..but I think we have got away with it ...
Are you still ok for that post office job later on today ..??

Sure buddy…… I’ll pick up my pension at the same time so as not raise suspicion. Sounds like a plan man ?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Weston-super- mud?

When I was around five years old I got stuck in the mud on Weston Super Mare beach, couldn’t move, tide was coming in. I was desperately waving for help to my parents who were sat on the soft sand in the far distance. They just waved back in a kind of ‘hi, hope you’re having fun’ kind of way. Think I was rescued by a keen passer by, can’t quite remember, all I do remember is that luckily I didn’t die that day ?

Lordy71

Jul 29, 2020
lancashire
Saddleworth moor lancashire -yorkshire border M62 in background.

1628844467960.png

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
That is awesome!
Out of interest, do your local H&S inspectors allow climbing with ropes without a helmet and hi-viz jacket?
If it was at work we'd have to have instruction on how to put the ppe on and then sign off that youvr taken the course and thdn it'd be brought up daily at the work hazard assesment(wha). Slips, trips and falls mentioned every damn day. No training other than ppe use.
They do call them the rocky mts for a reason though. I have my climbing helmet for most anything with hand moves, scrambles. This was just hiking with that rope to get around a corner and no overhead hazard. A ski guide buddy likes to say, "they dont call them the cansdian snowy mountains!" Thats east of the great divide. Here in the monashees they could call them that

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Innerleithen today with The EMF ..same route I did a few weeks ago with a non ebiking buddy ..todays ride was a little quicker ?..although not helped by the fact that I had a heavy cold sneezing & snot at the beginning of the ride until I " warmed up " ..
I wasnt " feeling it " when we came to one of the only " downs" on the climb up to Minch Moor if that makes sense so bottled it ..(though there were much bigger drops tackled near the end of the ride)..here is Wayne on his second go ..
20210814_104654.jpg

Although we did all of the red route it was interrupted on the first drop down from the top of Minch Moor itself to follow the Southern Upland Way ..and then drop on The Minch Moor Road to Broadmeadows ( which is skinny singletrack ) with chest high bracken on one of the best " natural " descents in these parts ..it just goes on & on for a few miles ..
Some pics of EMF on the climb up to the top of Minch Moor ..
20210814_112607.jpg
20210814_112852.jpg

At the top ...567m..
20210814_113556.jpg

After Broadmeadows its a climb from the valley floor to claw back all of the height we lost on the ascent to The Three Bretheren ..
EMF ..with the Muirfoot Hills in the background ..
20210814_131202.jpg

From there ..a few downs & ups to link back in to the red route and the fantastic descent back to the trail head car park ( no more pics because who wants to stop on a series of downhill blasts ..?
Great day again with Wayne and the fantastic Whyte ebikes ..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles