Official Merida eOne-Sixty thread

Isaacgrx

Jul 3, 2021
Adelaide
New battery cover! Tightened down the battery latch to stop the god awful battery noises, removed the fox x2 and switched it up with a 2023 Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil and all brand new pivot/shock mount bearings.

This is the best and quietest the bike has ever run! The coil is miles better than the X2 even with a real basic carpark tune!

20240518_123350.jpg

Oded

Jul 27, 2020
Israel
New battery cover! Tightened down the battery latch to stop the god awful battery noises, removed the fox x2 and switched it up with a 2023 Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil and all brand new pivot/shock mount bearings.

This is the best and quietest the bike has ever run! The coil is miles better than the X2 even with a real basic carpark tune!

View attachment 140580
The bike looks awsome. I have so many questions, so I'll start with a simple one.
I ride enduro and looking for the next upgrade.
What is the most ride improving upgrade youve done?
Bomber Z1 upgrade to zeb (what travel, are there no clearance issues with 44mm offset)
Wireless shifting
Reverb AXS
Coil shock

Thanks, Oded

CTM

Nov 4, 2021
NZ
1000019467.jpg

Anyone else on the new eOne Sixty?
This is the 875. 750wh battery.
Only done a few rides on it so far. Feels alot more capable than my 2021 e160 700.

Isaacgrx

Jul 3, 2021
Adelaide
The bike looks awsome. I have so many questions, so I'll start with a simple one.
I ride enduro and looking for the next upgrade.
What is the most ride improving upgrade youve done?
Bomber Z1 upgrade to zeb (what travel, are there no clearance issues with 44mm offset)
Wireless shifting
Reverb AXS
Coil shock

Thanks, Oded
Cheers!

The Zeb was a great addition. I am running a 170mm with 44mm offset. No clearance issues at all!

I love tech (I work in the industry) and absolutely love my axs shifting and dropper. I love being able to simply micro adjust the shifting while riding if a gear simply doesn't want to shift nicely without having to mess around with cable tension or barrel adjusters.

The coil was also one of the biggest game changers, so supple and soft! I put up with this X2 which has been been back to fix twice under warranty.

Suteki

May 10, 2023
Toowoomba
View attachment 142320
Anyone else on the new eOne Sixty?
This is the 875. 750wh battery.
Only done a few rides on it so far. Feels alot more capable than my 2021 e160 700.

Yeh, I have an eOne Sixty CF 7000 on order fully paid for.

Current bike is the same as yours, 2021 eOne Sixty 700; but I had full fox factory 38s and X2 on it along with WeAreOne Union rims. Couldn't justify the 10k being that I will be moving my Fox Factory 38s to the new 7000 along with my WeAreOne wheels.

So the standard suspension will go back on my 700 along with the standard wheels and I already have it sold for when the new 7000 comes in. I'll get the Fox Factory 38s serviced then replace the standard Fox Performance 38s off the 7000 and put on the Factory 38s.

So hopefully August I get my 2024 7000 and I'll have Fox Factory 38s, WeAreOne Unions, ODI TLD grips, OneUp ALU pedals and 160mm cranks will go on. Plus I'll probably otherwise I can think of anything else the bike would need. First service on the 7000K I'll probly get the X2 on the 7000 chanced to Kashima coat just because it'll annoying me not matching the fork. Next set of brake rotors will be ICE rotors as they were genuinely good for cooling and a new seat depending on how bad the seat is.

Suteki

May 10, 2023
Toowoomba
Congratulations, beautiful bike!
How easy is it to remove the battery? WOuld you need to drop the motor? And how does it ride compared to the 2021?
Motor would likely need to be dropped.

Haven't had a trail ride yet because it immediately ra9ned after taking thst shot, but just a quick lap.of skills park; motor is a lot more punchy and the bike Def feels more agile, but until Sunday when I get a proper ride I'll have more to say

webman

Apr 13, 2022
Sydney
Motor would likely need to be dropped.

Haven't had a trail ride yet because it immediately ra9ned after taking thst shot, but just a quick lap.of skills park; motor is a lot more punchy and the bike Def feels more agile, but until Sunday when I get a proper ride I'll have more to say
Thanks. Having to drop the motor is a deal breaker for me. I need it on a roof rack and with battery that’s a provlem.
Yes, the EP801 is a lot punchier especially with the new 4.3.0 update. That bumps it up even more. I did a conversion on a 2021 E160 8000 from EP800 to EP801 and the difference is very noticeable. Once thing you should check is that the motor is set to the full 600W. 4.1.0 officially enabled that for the EP801 but some motors are still set to 500W. eMaxMobile is free and can display those settings.

Last edited:

Isaacgrx

Jul 3, 2021
Adelaide
Thanks. Having to drop the motor is a deal breaker for me. I need it on a roof rack and with battery that’s a provlem.
Yes, the EP801 is a lot punchier especially with the new 4.3.0 update. That bumps it up even more. I did a conversion on a 2021 E160 8000 from EP800 to EP801 and the difference is very noticeable. Once thing you should check is that the motor is set to the full 600W. 4.1.0 officially enabled that for the EP801 but some motors are still set to 500W. eMaxMobile is free and can display those settings.
Do you happen to have a list of what exactly needed replacing to do the EP801 conversion as I would love to do the same to my 2021 E160 8000.

webman

Apr 13, 2022
Sydney
Do you happen to have a list of what exactly needed replacing to do the EP801 conversion as I would love to do the same to my 2021 E160 8000.
If you start from scratch then it’s not cheap! I already had a spare EP8 (old one had issues) and battery which I sold to minimize cost! I also already had the SC-EM800 display.

You'll need all this:
SHMIEWSW310A
EW-SW310 SATELLITE SWITCH

SHMISWEM800L
Shimano SW-EM800 SWITCH LEFT ASSIST without ELECTRIC WIRE

SHMIDUEP801EU
DU-EP801 DRIVE UNIT MID SHIP

SHMIBMEN801A2
BM-EN801-A BATTERY MOUNT w/o KEY UNIT CABLE 400mm and CP100 200mm DU-EP801/EP600

SHMIBTEN806A
BT-EN806 STEPS BATTERY BLACK for DOWNTUBE / SEATTUBE INTERGRATED 630Wh

Plus two SD300 cables from the assist switch to display and from the power button to the motor. Both now come conveniently without cable!

You'll also need a compatible display SC-EN600 or SC-EM800.

Isaacgrx

Jul 3, 2021
Adelaide
If you start from scratch then it’s not cheap! I already had a spare EP8 (old one had issues) and battery which I sold to minimize cost! I also already had the SC-EM800 display.

You'll need all this:
SHMIEWSW310A
EW-SW310 SATELLITE SWITCH

SHMISWEM800L
Shimano SW-EM800 SWITCH LEFT ASSIST without ELECTRIC WIRE

SHMIDUEP801EU
DU-EP801 DRIVE UNIT MID SHIP

SHMIBMEN801A2
BM-EN801-A BATTERY MOUNT w/o KEY UNIT CABLE 400mm and CP100 200mm DU-EP801/EP600

SHMIBTEN806A
BT-EN806 STEPS BATTERY BLACK for DOWNTUBE / SEATTUBE INTERGRATED 630Wh

Plus two SD300 cables from the assist switch to display and from the power button to the motor. Both now come conveniently without cable!

You'll also need a compatible display SC-EN600 or SC-EM800.
Legend!

Do you know what length SD300 cables you ended up using?

Suteki

May 10, 2023
Toowoomba
Yeh, just incredible. Coming from the E160 700 2021 to this; the suspension feels incredible, so unbelievably supple but the bike is still so sharp and agile.

Definitely worth the update.

Will have a video of the first rides later

20240721_143230.jpg

webman

Apr 13, 2022
Sydney
Legend!

Do you know what length SD300 cables you ended up using?
The assist switch goes back to the display. Depends on your bike. Mine was about 500mm. The SW310 switch has two ports so you could go Motor-Switch-Display or you can run separate cables. Whatever works best and again depends. i ran separate cables and used 900mm to get to the switch

Isaacgrx

Jul 3, 2021
Adelaide
Has anyone in Australia replaced the headset bearings? Are there any that are readily available without having to order them from the UK as most of them seem to be available there.

I have a 2021 E160 8000

Last edited:

Schbeemb

Nov 26, 2018
London
Has anyone here ridden their e160 in the bike park without the battery? I'm at Dyfi Bike Park this weekend and given the uplift service, I won't be needing power.

I'm concerned that removal of the battery might make for a less rigid bike, and perhaps, weight distribution challenges (too little weight on the front wheel). However, I think there might be more pros than cons.

Has anyone tried this?

HandsomeDanNZ

Jun 16, 2024
Auckland NZ
First minor problem discovered and remedied within the first week of ownership.
I noticed a plasticky clacking while negotiating rough terrain on my first trail ride, so after being warned about the battery covers falling off, I checked mine and it appears that the little tabs that hold it in place were not all in good condition. Two of the tabs on the right side of the cover were broken off and one on the left was wiggling about, ready to break.
I went to the shop and they were happy enough to swap it out there and then. 99Bikes to the rescue!
No more rattle, but am now keen to get a strap of some sort just in case.
I've read that the Polygon Siskiu T7e has the same issue with a virtually identical battery cover setup.
Can anyone reccomend a strap? Preferably one that's not going to be too obvious...

Brent8275

May 28, 2021
Auckland
First minor problem discovered and remedied within the first week of ownership.
I noticed a plasticky clacking while negotiating rough terrain on my first trail ride, so after being warned about the battery covers falling off, I checked mine and it appears that the little tabs that hold it in place were not all in good condition. Two of the tabs on the right side of the cover were broken off and one on the left was wiggling about, ready to break.
I went to the shop and they were happy enough to swap it out there and then. 99Bikes to the rescue!
No more rattle, but am now keen to get a strap of some sort just in case.
I've read that the Polygon Siskiu T7e has the same issue with a virtually identical battery cover setup.
Can anyone reccomend a strap? Preferably one that's not going to be too obvious...
The tabs break off easily, and you definitely can't hang the bike over a Ute tailgate without breaking them all off. Speaking from personal experience!

I'd recommend getting an amygos bash guard. Great for protecting the motor, and also holds the battery cover on securely.

Astro66

May 24, 2024
Sydney Australia
View attachment 145724 New bike day!!
E160 700 - last year’s model on sale
EP6 motor.
Shimano rep unlocked speed restriction to 45kmh.

Looking forward to a trail ride this weekend.
I have the same bike in red. My mate test rode my bike and bought the exact same one as you.

I have had mine de-restricted to 50kph using the EMax software. I've also added XT Di2 electronic transmission, as well as some sky blue accent trims. I have new sky blue graphics coming to replace the White Merida labels as well.
1724820879580.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles