Kenevo Gen1 Official 2018/2019 Kenevo thread

cozzy

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
My fox van developed a knock and has been with silverfish for over 14 days but back today! No comms or anything, they could have done better tbh.
This has delayed my boxxer conversion.
Anyway I thought I would fit an offset bush I had bought in readiness.
IMG_20200520_095817.jpg

Reduced ha from 65 to 64.5 degrees. BB is supposed to be 350mm but mine measured 342mm before and 335mm after the bush was fitted. Lucky I have short cranks :LOL: (i expect this is due to 2.6 tyres rather than the balloon 2.8 stock ones)
Now lockdown is semi lifted in the UK I can't wait to ride, not been out properly since last October as im a summer rider only & have already missed out on about 9 weeks of amazing weather.

Last edited:

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
My fox van developed a knock and has been with silverfish for over 14 days but back today! No comms or anything, they could have done better tbh.
This has delayed my boxxer conversion.
Anyway I thought I would fit an offset bush I had bought in readiness. View attachment 31619
Reduced ha from 66 to 65.5 degrees. BB is supposed to be 350mm but mine measured 342mm before and 335mm after the bush was fitted. Lucky I have short cranks :LOL: (i expect this is due to 2.6 tyres rather than the balloon 2.8 stock ones)
Now lockdown is semi lifted in the UK I can't wait to ride, not been out properly since last October as im a summer rider only & have already missed out on about 9 weeks of amazing weather.
Bb is with flip chip set to high I’m pretty sure.

Also isn’t that bush meant to be 20mm wide? Unless your running that shock upside down. If it runs in the top mount you will find it will probably spin around.

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
hi mate, what size spring fid you get for the kenevo, i have the same bike and the yellow coil is flaking away paint

Mine came with a black Fox coil spring. I’ve only ridden the bike 6 times. No opinion yet on quality. It’s a 500 pound spring. It feels pretty good and solid to me. I haven’t adjusted the preload yet since I like how it’s riding. I’m a heavy rider (220 lbs).

cozzy

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Hurrah the crown adaptor arrived today so 20 mins later I had whacked the boxxers & wheel from my dh bike onto the kenevo.
Ive kind of gone down the rabbit hole with this project, It was originally just a test with a £6 adaptor, but then some brand new 180mm boxxers came up for sale near me on monday at a very good price, so I just had to buy them. (lurking back of picture).
Which means I also needed to order a 20mm boost 28hole hub to re-lace my santacruz wheel & also direct mount stem. Hopefully this will arrive next week :)
And yes I do live alone hence doing all this in the lounge.

IMG_20200529_124704.jpg

IMG_20200529_124538.jpg

Last edited:

allank

Apr 18, 2019
denmark
broken rear axle - which hub/wheel to use ?

Hi there,
just broke the rear axle so freehub/casette broke off. I have used 3 freehubs on 3000 km, and now the axle.

I have read the threads about which hubs/wheel to use, and many suggest the dt swiss 1700 hybrid - but - will the sram 11-speed casette fit on that one (i read that it only took up to 10 speed?).

any advise and experience what to use would be nice - thank you :)

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Was that the tipping point toward the Rohloff installation?

Ride
Smile
Recharge
Repeat

Joe
Well partly. I used to be pretty harsh on my driveline they way I used the gears so I’m assuming that didn’t help, if not the cause of most of my issues. I just loved the concept of the Rohloff and the lack of chain movement compared to a derailleur system. Apart from the tensioner which is pretty strong nothing else can get damaged.
It’s also taught me to change gears properly as you just can’t do it while under power. It takes a little getting used to it but once you do it’s awesome.

cozzy

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
The boost 110x20 28 hole hub and direct mount stem arrived today from Germany, good service considering.
Slapped it all together, hopefully won't collapse on me at the forest of Dean tomorrow.
Spanking new set of boxxer selects off a current expert!
Dual crowns really do make the bike, especially for heavier riders. It rode so much better on the 5 year old world cups compared to the lyriks. Looking forward to testing these tomorrow ?

IMG_20200603_164149.jpg

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
I have of them in the showroom right now. I don’t like it. You’ll just have to get the fuck over it
I have a Kenevo and a Trek Powerfly. I can’t explain why but I NEVER use EMTB mode on my Trek. I don’t like it. The algorithm on the specialized is sort of like EMTB. When I’m in ECO mode for every 1 watt I input the crank , the motor gives me 33% of 3.4 assist level (1.1 watt ). Feels better to me the EMTB. In TRAIL, I set my spesh to 66% of 3.4 ( 2.2 watt for every watt I put in). I feel my Brose motor has 3 diff levels of EMTB. Again, I own a Bosch motored bike. It’s how I feel about both Bosch and Brose. I prefer Brose power delivery.

BrockDM

Apr 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
The boost 110x20 28 hole hub and direct mount stem arrived today from Germany, good service considering.
Slapped it all together, hopefully won't collapse on me at the forest of Dean tomorrow.
Spanking new set of boxxer selects off a current expert!
Dual crowns really do make the bike, especially for heavier riders. It rode so much better on the 5 year old world cups compared to the lyriks. Looking forward to testing these tomorrow ?

View attachment 32688
How are you liking the Michelin E-Wilds? Mine just arrived, can't wait to slap them on

BrettG

Jul 1, 2020
Hi all, it looks like I need to order a 650lb spring for my Kenevo Expert (RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Select Plus, 62.5x230mm) and I'm struggling to find the correct part number in any of the SRAM/Rockshox PDFs. Does anyone know a resource that lists these?

Many thanks,

Brett

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
Hi all, it looks like I need to order a 650lb spring for my Kenevo Expert (RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Select Plus, 62.5x230mm) and I'm struggling to find the correct part number in any of the SRAM/Rockshox PDFs. Does anyone know a resource that lists these?

Many thanks,

Brett

I installed this 650 lb spring on my 2019 Kenevo Comp about a month ago.

MJR

May 12, 2020
USA
I'm a bit late to the "Dual Crown 2019 Kenevo" party, but still trying to decide what to do while i wait for my LBS appointment to get my front wheel re-hubbed (went for a Hope Pro4 28h 15mm Boost , then can easily change to 20mm boost with the HUB494 endcaps).

But anyway, on my black 2019 with the Ohlins yellow shock.
Run the Boxxer Ultimate as is, or switch the lowers to black with the custom Slik graphics decals in Ohlins yellow??
Seeing them together now i'm kinda torn what to do...
IMG_8913.jpg IMG_8914.jpg IMG_8916.jpg

As she sits now, basically stock apart from Zee brakes/XT rotors, Minions and a comfy saddle
IMG_8426.jpg

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
Anyone have their crank axle snap ? mates snapped yesterday on a ride in the Lake District (fortunately at fairly slow speed) it's a 6 months old motor with not many miles on it
IMG-20200801-WA0001.jpg

cozzy

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
No but ive seen a few posts regarding this, either on here or Facebook.
I wonder if over or under tightened crank bolts could be a factor?
I must say a catastrophic failure like this is the stuff of nightmares if it happened when landing a big jump.

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
No but ive seen a few posts regarding this, either on here or Facebook.
I wonder if over or under tightened crank bolts could be a factor?
I must say a catastrophic failure like this is the stuff of nightmares if it happened when landing a big jump.
I did wonder about the over/under tightening of the bolts,he was very lucky to have it happen on a very small drop

dirty bob

Jan 17, 2019
CA
Is anyone else blowing the sidewall right at the bead on DHR's on their Kenevo? My last 3 blew right where the rim hooks to the bead before the tread was worn down. The first was a 2.8 on the stock 38mm internal roval rim, running about 25 psi. The second was a 2.6 on the stock 38mm internal roval rim, running about 25 psi. The third was a 2.6 on a 30mm internal raceface arc with an insert, running about 29psi. Only got 5 rides out of that tire. It was pretty much brand new. I'm feeling like I'm lighting money on fire every time I buy a tire now. I haven't bought a DD casing because the widest it goes is 2.5 to my knowledge, and I'm not even sure if the thick sidewall goes into the bead. Anyone have the same problem and figure it out? Thanks for any info.

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
Is anyone else blowing the sidewall right at the bead on DHR's on their Kenevo? My last 3 blew right where the rim hooks to the bead before the tread was worn down. The first was a 2.8 on the stock 38mm internal roval rim, running about 25 psi. The second was a 2.6 on the stock 38mm internal roval rim, running about 25 psi. The third was a 2.6 on a 30mm internal raceface arc with an insert, running about 29psi. Only got 5 rides out of that tire. It was pretty much brand new. I'm feeling like I'm lighting money on fire every time I buy a tire now. I haven't bought a DD casing because the widest it goes is 2.5 to my knowledge, and I'm not even sure if the thick sidewall goes into the bead. Anyone have the same problem and figure it out? Thanks for any info.
I had always heard dhf/dhr's had weak sidewalls and we're subject to snakebites, but never had any on my analog bike, but ran high pressures on my old 2.3 tires..
Now on my kenevo, had a 2.8 dhf on the front for almost a year of hard rocky riding, on stock 38mm rival rims at about 17psi.(but with cushcore) when this! Happened! On a simple smooth strech
Screenshot_20200906_210919_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
of trail.. from one tiny gravel sized rock.. that was just at the right angle i guess..sliced a nice triangle hole in the sidewall... And the tire still had plenty of tread! At list six more months of riding in it..
But still, you can't beat the grip and cornering! On this tire, so went out and got another one.?

Screenshot_20200906_210923_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20200906_210911_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20200906_210909_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

allank

Apr 18, 2019
denmark
front fork service kit - for Debonair ?
Hi guys - I have now ordered 2 service-sets for the front fork - with number 004318-025-020, wich according to rockshox page is the correct parts - but what I got is shown on photo - and if I look around it seems that both the partnumber should consist of correct parts for the fork (serial no on fork checked on rockshox site giving this number for debonair) now what I received are parts shown on picture below - can I use these ?? normally I want it to be exact copy of what is inside - but looking forward to your reply guys :) rgds Allan
1602331501607.png

allank

Apr 18, 2019
denmark
front fork service kit - for Debonair ?
Hi guys - I have now ordered 2 service-sets for the front fork - with number 004318-025-020, wich according to rockshox page is the correct parts - but what I got is shown on photo - and if I look around it seems that both the partnumber should consist of correct parts for the fork (serial no on fork checked on rockshox site giving this number for debonair) now what I received are parts shown on picture below - can I use these ?? normally I want it to be exact copy of what is inside - but looking forward to your reply guys :) rgds Allan View attachment 41834
hmm - think I found out that this is actually the new NEW debonair ? :)

brizi2003

Nov 20, 2018
Whickham, Newcastle upon Tyne
hmm - think I found out that this is actually the new NEW debonair ? :)
Yes - it's the new debonair spring parts in the service kit. In your first post the Charger 2 damper sealhead was at the top of the picture, then the two anodised red parts are the Debonair C1 35mm Seal Head and the end nut for the air spring. I foolishly bought the separate upgrade kit only to discover that the upgraded parts are included with the new service kits!!!
The kit should also include dust seals, foam rings and various o rings as per the Rockshox parts catalogue:
LYRIK RCT3 (A1-C1)/RC (B1-C2)/RC2 (C1) (2016-2019)
200h 00.4318.025.020 200 HOUR/1 YEAR SERVICE KIT (INCLUDES DUST SEALS, FOAM RINGS, O-RING SEALS, CHARGER 2 SEALHEAD, ALUMINUM DEBONAIR SEALHEAD) - LYRIK RC2 C1 (2019+)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles