Nukeproof Megawatt Owners Thread

Davvee

Subscriber
Jul 18, 2021
Mansfield
This popped up on my youtube feed and I notice the bikes cables are not going in though the headset no more? Anyone else seen this?

LAWHITEY

Apr 29, 2020
UK
Yeah I saw this a few months ago some bikes coming out of bike and spanner in Scotland had some, think there is an overlap in the 22/23 frames before they bring new 23 colours out

Jake066

Apr 4, 2024
United Lingdom
Hi there, I’m an owner of a Nukeproof Megawatt. Really been struggling with rear suspension setup. The problem is, the rear just feels dead and quite harsh no matter what I do. Tried different shocks - super deluxe ultimate, Fox x2 and DHx2 and no matter how soft or firm I go, I can’t get that pillowing deep and plush feel. Running all dials open I’ve tried closing and just makes it more harsh. I’m 67kg for reference.

Tom M

Dec 23, 2023
usa
Hi all, just bought a used 2022/2023 Megawatt RS and and looking for what people use for mud guards on these bikes. Thanks
I have a Fox fork on my '23 Megawatt Elite and I'm using the Fox "long" bolt-on mudguard up front. I think you have a Zeb so you could run the Rockshox mudguard which is short, or go with an RRP Proguard if you want a longer bolt-on mudguard which seems like a good option for Ireland. I have one on my regular bike and it works great.

RRP makes a rear mudguard that would probably work on the Megawatt. I made my own by buying the cheapest molded front fender that I could find on Amazon then I cut it and molded it with a heat gun to fit. It works great. I was getting huge piles of crud in the chainstay pivot area before I put this on.

IMG_2396.JPG

Samoaj

Jul 8, 2024
Northern Ireland
I have a Fox fork on my '23 Megawatt Elite and I'm using the Fox "long" bolt-on mudguard up front. I think you have a Zeb so you could run the Rockshox mudguard which is short, or go with an RRP Proguard if you want a longer bolt-on mudguard which seems like a good option for Ireland. I have one on my regular bike and it works great.

RRP makes a rear mudguard that would probably work on the Megawatt. I made my own by buying the cheapest molded front fender that I could find on Amazon then I cut it and molded it with a heat gun to fit. It works great. I was getting huge piles of crud in the chainstay pivot area before I put this on.

View attachment 145199
Thanks for the reply. I eventually got round to getting a rear one from Sico Mtb Products. They had one that was for the Megawatt - still required a wee bit of trimming as in the largest gear the chain rubbed, but all good now. I just have to decide on a front one.

Tom M

Dec 23, 2023
usa
Hi, has anyone found a decent replacement motor guard for the Megawatt other than the plastic one that came with the bike (https://nukeproof.com/products/megawatt-motor-protector)?
I know that this is an old post but there is (was?) a nice aftermarket motor guard available. I have one and it's been good.

Unfortunately they are out of stock and given NukeProof's demise I doubt that they will be making any more unless they get significant interest. I think that I got the last one.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles