New Nicolai with Pinion gearbox announced

madre

Jan 20, 2020
Germany
HI Everyone, here is some information that not everyone may have. On the Nicolai site you can find a tech sheet for each bike as a public Google DOCs document. There is also the one for the Saturn 16 MGU with exploded drawings and torque for all screws. Possibly helpful for one or the other.

Last edited:

madre

Jan 20, 2020
Germany
I personally love the look of the raw the best. It just looks badass! Plus it’s also easier to maintain. No paint to chip, no anodizing to fade or scratch. Raw really doesn’t need much at all.
I like Raw very much too ,and it is absolutely robust . Unfortunately my eboxx is already raw and I just didn't want the new bike to look too much like the old one :)
46E7A497-D8DA-4049-9DC9-A701FBC7F21E.JPEG

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
I just saw that
Is it not the same stuff? See that they have a top tube something instead of the remote on the handlebar, this would be way more suitable for emtb.

I guess Nicolai could do it one day.

NB: bike looks like crap.

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
Well, looking at this

It just does not seem the best solution but maybe this with the basic eshift would keep the programming in the top tube?

FIT_Kompatibilitaet_Display_Bedienelemente_Master_Nodes.jpg

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Another good 155 crank option for pinion

madre

Jan 20, 2020
Germany
I just saw that
Is it not the same stuff? See that they have a top tube something instead of the remote on the handlebar, this would be way more suitable for emtb.

I guess Nicolai could do it one day.

NB: bike looks like crap.
Maybe its me .. but Bulls is absolutly not the same stuff than Nicolai ..

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
I do not understand what you are referring to @madre , it is the same `engine`, belt, MGU, pinion.

Apart from that yeah, this is a CF frame with a bit less travel, somehow lesser component, price is not the same nor the target but still same system.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
How much drag is there? Do you feel the drag significantly when pedaling up hills?

Can you feel the 20 watts of drag (just a guess, but it's been measured out there) on a full power e-bike? Probably not.

Can your battery feel it and therefore drains faster? Of course.

Which is exactly why the Pinion gearbox bikes already have a reputation for poor efficiency.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles