M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
I did a few rides with my 5 year old kid so it was smooth and mellow, but even pedaling up the hills was easy, I didn’t feel I had an ebike without assistance, it just seems it was a normal bike!
I was able to do bunny hops and wheelings so easily, whereas with bigger ebikes (full power bosch), it’s almost impossible to use without assistance.
Regarding the battery discharge, not sure I will be able to discharge it enough to go below the limit…
I’ll remove 2 cells on Tuesday and change my bms, that will be easier
Sounds like fun, awesome! 👍

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
I've bought a jack charging port on Aliexpress : 5.38£ |Prise De Charge De Vélo Électrique Au Lithium, Connecteur De Câble D'interface De Chargeur De Batterie Li-on Pour Vélo Électrique - Accessoires - AliExpress
I did not try to fit it in the frame charging port yet, but it looks like it will fit!
tell me when u try it, cause I buy Tantan E67 frame without Bafang battery. I think frame identical with Lightcarbon. Need to find the right charging port size.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
tell me when u try it, cause I buy Tantan E67 frame without Bafang battery. I think frame identical with Lightcarbon. Need to find the right charging port size.
That fits but 1mm wider would be great

IMG_8054.jpeg IMG_8053.jpeg

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
22EC9094-60F0-480D-A120-36EA9F8BA0C5.jpeg

It’s a bit dirty, but it works 😂
I really need the besst tool, the assistance is active for a very long time after I stop pedaling.
I’ve tried eco and tour, I thunk it will be enough in 80% of the situations

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
I tested my motor.
View attachment 122052
It’s a bit dirty, but it works 😂
I really need the besst tool, the assistance is active for a very long time after I stop pedaling.
I’ve tried eco and tour, I thunk it will be enough in 80% of the situations
wow, it is really small. Does it fit in the frame, or is it too wide? How much does it weigth?
What cells, BMS and charged did you go with?

How long is assistance active, after you stop pedaling? I don't think it is possible to tweeak this with the BESST tool, but I migth be wrong.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
I tested my motor.

wow, it is really small. Does it fit in the frame, or is it too wide? How much does it weigth?
What cells, BMS and charged did you go with?

How long is assistance active, after you stop pedaling? I don't think it is possible to tweeak this with the BESST tool, but I migth be wrong.
I did not weighted yet, but it should be around 800gr.
Not sure it fits in the frame, I’ve used the layout I used for the 12s, 6 and 6 (minus 2 on one side).
This is just to be able to test the motor and ride easy trails, I don’t consider it’s secure enough for jumps and big drops.
The bms is a very cheap with no temp sensor, it was the only one available in 2 days on Amazon.
The cells are samsung 50s. I don’t think the serial connections will be strong enough for the sport or boost mode.
I did not have the time to do a proper range test but I will try to do it by the end of the week.
Regarding the assistance, it does not feel at all like a Bosch, I need to double check but I would say I feel it for half a second after I stop pedaling

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
I did not weighted yet, but it should be around 800gr.
Not sure it fits in the frame, I’ve used the layout I used for the 12s, 6 and 6 (minus 2 on one side).
This is just to be able to test the motor and ride easy trails, I don’t consider it’s secure enough for jumps and big drops.
The bms is a very cheap with no temp sensor, it was the only one available in 2 days on Amazon.
The cells are samsung 50s. I don’t think the serial connections will be strong enough for the sport or boost mode.
I did not have the time to do a proper range test but I will try to do it by the end of the week.
Regarding the assistance, it does not feel at all like a Bosch, I need to double check but I would say I feel it for half a second after I stop pedaling
tnx for the info!

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
Tour is 3rd level, middle one out of 5? If I calculated correctly, it is 180Wh battery, rigth?
WIth full 360Wh battery, that would be cca 1000m of elevation. Nice

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Tour is 3rd level, middle one out of 5? If I calculated correctly, it is 180Wh battery, rigth?
WIth full 360Wh battery, that would be cca 1000m of elevation. Nice
It’s second level of assist:
Eco
Tour
Sport
Sport+
Boost

Battery is 180Wh, tour delivers 200W of assistance
Sport jumps to 270W, I haven’t test Sport+ and Boost

Bengy22

Aug 25, 2022
USA
I know you used .2mm x nickel strips for the series connections, this should be enough to at least get some short tests in on even the highest mode if you want. Remember the 17a is mostly a peak rating and unless you found a very long steep hill you are unlikely to pull the full 17a for more than a few short bursts in normal riding. Because your battery is mounted externally you can even check this with a hand test feeling a few of the series connections, I doubt they will feel any warmer than the cells. If you doubled up on the connections (not sure if you did or not) it 100% should be fine for any length of time at 17a and I wouldn't worry at all. I say this because I really think you should give the other modes a go, I wouldn't be apprehensive because of the battery if that's why especially for just say a 5 minute test :)

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
I know you used .2mm x nickel strips for the series connections, this should be enough to at least get some short tests in on even the highest mode if you want. Remember the 17a is mostly a peak rating and unless you found a very long steep hill you are unlikely to pull the full 17a for more than a few short bursts in normal riding. Because your battery is mounted externally you can even check this with a hand test feeling a few of the series connections, I doubt they will feel any warmer than the cells. If you doubled up on the connections (not sure if you did or not) it 100% should be fine for any length of time at 17a and I wouldn't worry at all. I say this because I really think you should give the other modes a go, I wouldn't be apprehensive because of the battery if that's why especially for just say a 5 minute test :)
Thanks for the feedback, I didn’t double the serial connections, one strip of .2 nickel.
I will also do short tests in the highest power mode to see how it goes.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Next steps are:
Changing bms for a smart bms with temp sensor
3d printing a nice case
Adding a Y to allow to use it as an extender

Goff

Mar 2, 2023
New Zealand
Next steps are:
Changing bms for a smart bms with temp sensor
3d printing a nice case
Adding a Y to allow to use it as an extender
I thinking about a range extender if it's plugged into the charging port in parallel it should ballance with main battery?
Which means both need to be fully charged at the start of the ride.
If the main battery is flat and the range extender is then plugged in it will discharge into the main battery?
The only other way is to do this is to disconnect the main battery which is not easy to do.
I’m not sure how the main bike brands do it?

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
I thinking about a range extender if it's plugged into the charging port in parallel it should ballance with main battery?
Which means both need to be fully charged at the start of the ride.
If the main battery is flat and the range extender is then plugged in it will discharge into the main battery?
The only other way is to do this is to disconnect the main battery which is not easy to do.
I’m not sure how the main bike brands do it?
I’m not sure exactly why but you need a Y connector that will balance your 2 batteries. It will start discharging your big battery until both batteries are at the same level

Something like this :

Je viens juste de trouver cet incroyable article sur AliExpress. Jetez-y un coup d'œil ! 26,66€ Réduction de 58% | Batterie de vélo électrique pour touristes, technologie de décharge pour 24V, 36V, 48V, 52V, 68V, 72V, courant maximum 20A, 30A, 40A, 80A, accessoires de vélo électrique

mvrlik

Jun 21, 2023
Czech Republic
I’m not sure exactly why but you need a Y connector that will balance your 2 batteries. It will start discharging your big battery until both batteries are at the same level

Something like this :

Je viens juste de trouver cet incroyable article sur AliExpress. Jetez-y un coup d'œil ! 26,66€ Réduction de 58% | Batterie de vélo électrique pour touristes, technologie de décharge pour 24V, 36V, 48V, 52V, 68V, 72V, courant maximum 20A, 30A, 40A, 80A, accessoires de vélo électrique
Cool, exactly what I need. For 36V motor 20A version should be enough? Or should I go bigger?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles