Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

sethimus

Dec 31, 2023
Switzerland
I have both the Cascade link and the Cane Creek Tigon coil over shock - each changed the way the rear end feels and behaves. I had the cascade link months before the shock and it gives you a bit more travel (160mm) and an increase in progression which you can notice. The shock takes it to the next level! I just recently put on the new Fox 38 fork with 170mm and now this thing rocks downhill sections like a champ! I'm running as a full 29er with and have made a few changes to stock. The Maven brakes are also IMO an excellent upgrade.

(I also have Cascade's link on my Stumpjumper EVO)

View attachment 142096
do you have the fork in the steepest setting?

ah1

Jul 11, 2020
Santa Cruz CA
Hi, does anyone know how many volume reducers come pre-installed with the Levo SL? I just got one and want to shockwiz tune it without opening the shock and fork. Thanks!

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Hi, does anyone know how many volume reducers come pre-installed with the Levo SL? I just got one and want to shockwiz tune it without opening the shock and fork. Thanks!
I've never had to tell ShockWiz how many tokens I have?
I have to run through a calibration routine - which involves taking all the air out, and setting the top and bottom levels of the fork.

ah1

Jul 11, 2020
Santa Cruz CA
I have to run through a calibration routine - which involves taking all the air out, and setting the top and bottom levels of the fork.
Thanks but it does need that info, hopefully someone has that for the factory suspension

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Thanks but it does need that info, hopefully someone has that for the factory suspension
I'm intrigued where it needs it? I've been using ShockWiz for about 4 1/2 years, and genuinely have no idea how many tokens I've had in any of my forks. When I do the calibration routine, I don't even think it asks for the travel or anything, so perhaps you're using it differently?

Perhaps a good idea to advise which factory suspension you have - as they vary with model and year.

beutelfuchs

Aug 11, 2019
Barcelona
You don't need to indicate it for the calibration, measurement and recommendation functions. But once you want to save a profile for later re-use you of course want to include as much info as possible (all settings, pressure & tokens) to be ablet to restore the previous behavior as precisely as possible.
Not sure it's what he meant, though, as he says he wants to "tune".

ah1

Jul 11, 2020
Santa Cruz CA
You don't need to indicate it for the calibration, measurement and recommendation functions. But once you want to save a profile for later re-use you of course want to include as much info as possible (all settings, pressure & tokens) to be ablet to restore the previous behavior as precisely as possible.
Not sure it's what he meant, though, as he says he wants to "tune".
That's what I meant and also you want to know if you even have a token when it asks you to "remove" it. Also, I have a lot of experience with shokwiz tune and treat it's recommendations differently depending on the amount of tokens (e.g.: if I have 3 reducers in the rear and it's asking me to soften compression I don't go all the way because it will just keep asking to soften because of the reducers' ramp up).
In short - if anyone here can answer the original question it would help (Factory suspension on the LEVO SL S-Works how many reducers come pre-installed). If not I'll open up the shocks when the bike arrives no big deal just a hassle :)

ah1

Jul 11, 2020
Santa Cruz CA
Did you miss this?
Thanks!! I missed it. But I think gen 2 is such a different bike - different geo, mullet, etc - that they (Specialized) might've spec'ed it differently. It does make me assume they still use 2 in the fork but the shock might be different altogether.

bakedbun

Mar 22, 2024
California
Thanks!! I missed it. But I think gen 2 is such a different bike - different geo, mullet, etc - that they (Specialized) might've spec'ed it differently. It does make me assume they still use 2 in the fork but the shock might be different altogether.
go to ridefox.com and enter in the serial number on the shock.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
This is why I asked which fork you have. If you had a 2020 Levo SL, you'd have some sort of Fox 34 (Rhythm / Performance / Factory) and then a 2021 and after SL would have a Fox 36 with the 3 types. They're probably all 2 tokens... but at least someone with the same fork could confirm.

Reactions: ah1

ah1

Jul 11, 2020
Santa Cruz CA
Anyone have experience with bash guard on the bike - did you find it necessary after striking the chainring, and if so which one did you get?

ah1

Jul 11, 2020
Santa Cruz CA
20240627_175422.jpg

Got the bike - love the color and looks!! Rides very well too :)
Question to current owners: I've seen on another thread folks using the 29er setting with the 27.5 wheel in the rear, to lengthen chainstay and wheelbase (like Matt suggests in this article's "geo and sizing" section). Did other riders here try this setting and if so, what's your frame size and what are your impressions? Thanks.

bakedbun

Mar 22, 2024
California
View attachment 143676
Got the bike - love the color and looks!! Rides very well too :)
Question to current owners: I've seen on another thread folks using the 29er setting with the 27.5 wheel in the rear, to lengthen chainstay and wheelbase (like Matt suggests in this article's "geo and sizing" section). Did other riders here try this setting and if so, what's your frame size and what are your impressions? Thanks.

I'm on S3 and tried Matt Beer's long CS high BB. My impressions are it feels like the rear suspension is more active/supple, turns feel more stable, basically it adds a little more traction everywhere. No drawbacks really but if i had to nitpick there's a little less pop to the bike.

Reactions: ah1

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
I'm on S3 and tried Matt Beer's long CS high BB. My impressions are it feels like the rear suspension is more active/supple, turns feel more stable, basically it adds a little more traction everywhere. No drawbacks really but if i had to nitpick there's a little less pop to the bike.
More pedal strike?

Carlos_C

Aug 9, 2024
Oslo
In technical trails with lots of roots and rocks, which Turbo Levo SL gen2 upgrade has better riding effect, a) EXT e-Storia coil or b) carbon wheels?
*btw, GX Eagle AXS already ordered. :)

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
In technical trails with lots of roots and rocks, which Turbo Levo SL gen2 upgrade has better riding effect, a) EXT e-Storia coil or b) carbon wheels?
*btw, GX Eagle AXS already ordered. :)
Due to their stiffness, carbon wheels need suspension components that offer more precise tuning. If you're not satisfied with your current fork/shock setup, using carbon wheels might amplify that issue.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles