Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

Jun 12, 2020
lake Tahoe
Just came from my west coast Spec Dealer. They had (2) new 23’ Levo SL’s in Lg and Small in stock, wouldn’t open the box. For me. I confirmed the Comp Carbon colors as black and orange. I have a pre- order in for an S3 ( medium) black. Confirmed the official drop date of 5/4. Bike is stated to be same weight as Gen1 model. Comp to come w/ Mastermind TCU, 50W Mahle 1.2 motor/ stated as straight cut gears and quieter. 320 battery the same. The earlier leaked photos apparently from the dealer intro at Sea Otter. I am first in line for a Black S3, which may not show up until first week in June, worst case, could be sooner.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Since some people were asking for geo details, I got some "Schmankerl" for you.
View attachment 112941

This bike offers a lot, however that sta and cs length are a tragedy for anyone over 5'5" (assumes these geo numbers are correct)
Spesh seems to be going more conservative on their geo and targeting trail riding, and to be fair that's likely the core e-bike audience and makes sense.
Disappointed, as I was very excited about an ideal bike for my needs.
My wife however might very well be on one in the future. She's petite, slow in turns, doesn't climb great or very steep and is seated the entire time. So from my perspective, she's a good fit for the geo and other attributes of this bike.

Last edited:

R3Z3N

Mar 2, 2022
California
If the new one is 50nm and they have kept the same size battery it'll not last anywhere near as long??
Or just detune it to ~35NM whatever that equates to in watts.....

I already detune my 1.1 SL motor on my KSL. 80/60 is my turbo setting. Helps bail me out when tired but keeping me somewhat safer from falling over from exhaustion.

Reactions: Dax

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Robs video transcript also leaked today.

Opening shot of the Levo SL in action on the Surrey Hills trails] Rob: What's up guys, it's Rob and today we're out here in the beautiful Surrey Hills to take a closer look at the all-new Specialized Levo SL. [Cut to a close-up shot of the Levo SL's carbon frame, showcasing its sleek design and advanced features.]

Rob: Now, I know what you're thinking - "another e-bike?" But trust me, this one's a game-changer. [Cut to a shot of the Levo SL's motor, showcasing its quiet and powerful performance.]

Rob: And of course, we've brought along some cameras to capture all the action. We've got our trusty GoPro mounted on the front to capture those first-person views as we tackle the trails. [Cut to a shot of the GoPro mounted on the Levo SL's handlebars.]

Rob: But that's not all. We've also got our drone up in the air, giving us some amazing aerial shots of the Levo SL in action. [Cut to a shot of the drone hovering over the trail, capturing a wide-angle shot of the Levo SL riding through the trees.]

Rob: And for those tight, technical sections, we've got our telephoto lens set up to get those up-close shots of the Levo SL in action. [Cut to a shot of the telephoto lens on a tripod, capturing a close-up of the Levo SL navigating a tricky rock garden.]

[Cut to a shot of Rob riding the Levo SL on a steep, rocky descent] Rob: Okay, let's talk about the ride. The Levo SL is an absolute rocket ship on the descents. The mixed wheel setup gives you the stability you need up front, with the nimble responsiveness of a 27.5" wheel in the back. And with that new SRAM XX Eagle transmission, shifting is smoother than ever before. [Cut to a close-up shot of the Levo SL's rear wheel and drivetrain, showcasing the SRAM XX Eagle transmission.]

[Cut to a shot of Rob navigating a technical climb] Rob: And don't let its downhill prowess fool you - the Levo SL is just as capable on the climbs. With that new Specialized SL 1.2 motor, you've got the power to tackle even the steepest ascents with ease. [Cut to a shot of the Levo SL's motor in action, showcasing its power and responsiveness.]

[Cut to a shot of Rob riding the Levo SL through a flowy section of singletrack] Rob: But what really sets the Levo SL apart is its handling. Specialized has absolutely nailed the geometry on this bike, giving you total control in even the most technical terrain. And with that dialed kinematics and shock tuning, the Levo SL handles like a dream. [Cut to a shot of the Levo SL's suspension in action, showcasing its smooth and responsive performance.]

[Cut to a shot of Rob riding the Levo SL on a long, winding trail] Rob: So, is the Levo SL the ultimate trail bike? I think so. With its flawless handling, capability, and "2 X You" amplification, it gives you the power to ride more trails and take your riding to the next level. [Cut to a shot of Rob riding the Levo SL, showcasing the beautiful Surrey Hills scenery in the background.]

[Closing shot of the Levo SL riding off into the distance] Rob: Thanks for watching, guys. Make sure to hit that subscribe button and leave a comment below letting us know what you think of the Levo SL.
You’ve missed the sections where we get close ups of @Rob Rides EMTB slowly caressing and fingering the special parts of the bike………….fondling even……..

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
There's the Pro too .. don't know the colours of that .

The Limited edition S-Works with flight attendent looks quite funky if you like a bit of splattery paint effect.

Frame only for about £1250 less than the comp carbon.

I found a hardtail one too for about €4500 ..

Still don't know if the motor is just a software update or also a hardware update and if the software part can be used without the hardware part for the 320w or if you need a whole new motor.

If it can be done with software, will they even offer it. Then again, with their lax web security of late, I might go see if we can just download the firmware - it's probably available on a nice link ....

Is the hardware update partly electrical (to handle the extra current) or just for the "Discrete fart Quiet".

I quite like most of the subtle changes to the frame shape, especially around the headset area.

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
these numbers seem suspicious. sta is super conservative and hta doesnt come in 64.6. even the stumpy evo ltd has 436 cs too.

and why would s6 have a shorter crank vs s5?

I really like the geo numbers if they are right (S6 measurements do seem off though), it sounds like a really playful bike.
Does it come with headset cups to slacken it off to around 63deg?

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I really like the bike and seriously want an Alloy version or the frame only version. I find the full fat too much for my weekly rides with my analogue riding buddies, an SL would be much better for those rides…….

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
these will definitely be cheap a few months after launch. I can’t believe how much the kenevo sl dropped in price in the second hand market

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I really like the geo numbers if they are right (S6 measurements do seem off though), it sounds like a really playful bike.
Does it come with headset cups to slacken it off to around 63deg?
Was covered yesterday :

Which presumably means it's like the Gen3 Levo and comes with the cups.

All the posts were deleted, but as everything seems to be out everywhere and as you can still go look on the Spesh sites for yourself as they've not fixed their leaks, the mods seem to have undeleted things.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Thanks @Zimmerframe missed your post. I can't seem to find the new bike on spesh website (the link posted here doesn't seem to work).

I won't post any of the links. We (Members here) behaved responsibly (it wasn't easy) yesterday and worked with the Mods. I think it's reasonable to post what's already out there and what's easy to find if you know where to look, but it seems unfair to this site/Rob/the mods (Even Spesh) to post the leaks directly.

Reactions: jpf

ghoststalker

Apr 26, 2023
Germany

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
It doesn't matter if the bike comes with the German plastic brakes or with the junk from the USA, I would mount a Hope V4 right away... :ROFLMAO:

c0stunga

Apr 12, 2023
Germany
There's the Pro too .. don't know the colours of that .

The Limited edition S-Works with flight attendent looks quite funky if you like a bit of splattery paint effect.

Frame only for about £1250 less than the comp carbon.

Still don't know if the motor is just a software update or also a hardware update and if the software part can be used without the hardware part for the 320w or if you need a whole new motor.

If it can be done with software, will they even offer it. Then again, with their lax web security of late, I might go see if we can just download the firmware - it's probably available on a nice link ....

Is the hardware update partly electrical (to handle the extra current) or just for the "Discrete fart Quiet".

I quite like most of the subtle changes to the frame shape, especially around the headset area.
I'm pretty sure there were some hardware changes to archieve the lower noise and higher power output.
Even though the mounting points seem quite identical, so I would imagine it will be possible to mount the new motor to the old bikes. But then we have the problem, that the bikes MCU firmware doesn't know that he has gained muscles.
So I think you would need a friendly dealer who supports your transplantion and marries your new motor with the MCU.
But this is all wild guessing, did not find any details about that topic :D

ghoststalker

Apr 26, 2023
Germany
I think that would be the best case scenario. The might probably have also made some really minor changes like 1 mm her and there less frame space so it won't fit. Always arguing that it was technically neccessary. Probably there will be some kind of diy solution leading to a loss of guarantee.

Janisj

Aug 27, 2022
Germany

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles