Levo Gen 3 Levo Gen 4 2024 Rumours

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Having the bike lock and needing a pin code to use it is a great security feature, throw in an alert on the bike and your phone if the bike is moved and built in GPS tracking, I think everyone would want those features these days. It also has a feature to stop you rolling backwards on a hill and a hillstart assist mode. Lots of little features that add up to be an epic package.
not if you end up with a bricked bike because the pin code does not work for whatever reason. No way I want any functionality dependant on a smart phone either ta!

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I sold and used some of the first ever car phones and "mobile phones" in the UK ......they were the size and weight of 2 house bricks!!. I have used cell phones for decades , the earliest ones had an extendible aerial and querty keyboard. They have their uses but life is still possible when it is switched off.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I sold and used some of the first ever car phones and "mobile phones" in the UK ......they were the size and weight of 2 house bricks!!. I have used cell phones for decades , the earliest ones had an extendible aerial and querty keyboard. They have their uses but life is still possible when it is switched off.
I had a Panasonic Millicom Portable Car Phone 😆

Bndit

Jul 14, 2022
Finland
Just watched all the amflow reviews, I would be very worried if I was any other bike manafacturer, I'm sure the new levo will ride better than any other but the power, weight and features of the new avinox from DJi is just lightyears a head of the game.
Only by specs. You need high cadence to get the full power and then you'll dry your fancy bigger battery fast. It has fast charger and then you probably toast your battery faster. And it¨s ugly with dull colors :) But if you fancy big numbers on paper and think touchscreen on ebike is must, then this is the bike 🥰

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
Only by specs. You need high cadence to get the full power and then you'll dry your fancy bigger battery fast. It has fast charger and then you probably toast your battery faster. And it¨s ugly with dull colors :) But if you fancy big numbers on paper and think touchscreen on ebike is must, then this is the bike 🥰
I don’t see the Amflow bike being too much of a risk but the DJI motor is, however we haven’t seen the cards played by the big boys Bosch and Brose. Don’t forget the ZF motor too

cole_inman

Dec 11, 2019
Blue Ridge Mountains
Having the bike lock and needing a pin code to use it is a great security feature, throw in an alert on the bike and your phone if the bike is moved and built in GPS tracking, I think everyone would want those features these days. It also has a feature to stop you rolling backwards on a hill and a hillstart assist mode. Lots of little features that add up to be an epic package.
I won't ever buy a bike with integrated GPS for fear it will be used to geo-restrict the bike. An Airtag, while it doesn't use GPS, is a "good enough" solution that's cheap and easy to maintain, and is also air-gapped from my bike's drive system.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I had a Panasonic Millicom Portable Car Phone 😆
not sure a bout that one but the earliest car phones and "mobile" phones were manual...ie you picked up the handset and waited for an operator to answer and that operator would connect to another number....bit like being an extension on an old switchboard system :D

AussieRuss

Apr 25, 2024
Australia
It will have the Brose Peak drive 48v motor that comes std with 95Nm but specialized will boost it to 100+Nm
Drive belt will be gone & replaced with planetary gear system like ZF & DJI motor.
It will run the 814 watt hr battery as an option.
bikes will weigh less due to more energy dense battery & 48 volt system
Side bar will be gone from frame.

EnduroIntern

Feb 6, 2024
Israel
It will have the Brose Peak drive 48v motor that comes std with 95Nm but specialized will boost it to 100+Nm
Drive belt will be gone & replaced with planetary gear system like ZF & DJI motor.
Wen tho?

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Guess we’ll know this is real if it gets deleted 😂. Seems awfully specific

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
And that's a pity being honest, in other forums you get all the information without, being deleted. But I guess that's the price of free sponsorship. 🤔
I really don’t get it when it’s random users posting it. If one of the admins who gets early access to stuff posts it, I get it. They’d be violating an NDA by saying anything about it I’m sure, but when some person who got some info from their LBS or some other means posts a rumor it’s nothing more than that. I really don’t know why they’d be so concerned over it. Far larger companies with way bigger products, like Apple with the iPhone have leaks galore all over the internet and nobody worries about taking stuff down…

AussieRuss

Apr 25, 2024
Australia
I have been posting this guess over the past 9+ months on different forums. Past history has shown that Specialized up rates Brose motors above the normal power & Specialized have always tried to innovate. Motor power & battery size has been done by others now to level the playing field but going to 48 volt would be a first by the big players on full powered e-bikes which gives them back the edge for others to then copy.

attached is a post I made back in mid January 2024

IMG_4421.jpeg

Last edited:

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
2025 stumpjumper comp is £3750 Stumpjumper 15 Comp Alloy

It doesn't bode well for the new levo prices!
I don’t think it’s too bad and there is a cheaper option at £2,750.

The Gen3 2025 comp alloy is £5,750 and this RRP has been reduced since first released in 2022, I think it was about £6,500.

When released the Gen 4 comp alloy would be around the £6k price same as Gen 3.

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
Yes, in germany the Alloy Comp price has jumped from €2,999 in 2021 to €4,500 now, with the only upgrade being the FOX 36 instead of the 34. The switch to an NX drivetrain and TRP brakes, rather than a full SLX setup, doesn't make much of a difference.

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
Yes, but please compare the bikes...
Yeah it’s not the best spec but you are paying for the name and the knowledge that’s specialized has a good warranty. This all comes from charging more to end user.

This is why I got my Gen 3 I could have got a carbon spectral on or strive underdog for similar money, but there is a concept store not far from me and with the recent debacle over the spectral batteries and lack of spares there has to be some cutting corners on the cheaper brands to make a profit.

Last edited:

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
Yeah it’s not the best spec but you are paying for the name and the knowledge that’s specialized has a good warranty. This all comes from charging more to end user.

This is why I got my Gen 3 I could have got a carbon spectral on or strive underdog for similar money, but there is a concept store not far from me and and with the recent debacle over the spectral batteries and lack of spares there has to some cutting corners on the cheaper brands to make a profit.
Yes, you're right, there's nothing better than a competent dealer in the neighborhood.
It was just about the price, and that got raised by 50%. And the cheapest model is really not an option; it doesn't even have the Genie shock that the bike is mainly advertised with. But well, the racing team also uses the RockShox SuperDeluxe :unsure:

DylanJM

Sep 19, 2024
Denmark
Specialized have already put a couple of 2025 Levo alloy models up on their website. So if we are getting a refresh this year I guess it will just be the carbon version.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
2025 stumpjumper comp is £3750 Stumpjumper 15 Comp Alloy

It doesn't bode well for the new levo prices!
What I find more concerning is the genie shock carryover to the alloy stumpy. My best friend has a Trek Slash gen 5. It came with a though shaft fox shock that was supposed to be the next great thing in the shock world. In short, it sucked and was used to cover up a not great progression curve of the suspension. Guess what? The gen 6 Slash doesn’t have a though shaft fox shock. It’s my belief that the genie is a bandaid for crappy suspension progression designed into the yoke suspension layout. Really hope the new Levo has a more progressive suspension curve. I like the option to run coil shocks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles