Levo Gen 3 Levo Gen 4 2024 Rumours

andymmiami

Jul 11, 2024
Miami, FL
Regarding the missing features from the specialized app, I really want Specialized to bring back smart control based off of heart rate information. The old app allowed the bike to vary the assist based on your heart rate so if you were really pushing it it raised the assist and if you were at a lower heart rate it lowered the assist. Something like that would be quite helpful for working out but alas that feature isn't included in the current specialized app that replaced mission control.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Regarding the missing features from the specialized app, I really want Specialized to bring back smart control based off of heart rate information. The old app allowed the bike to vary the assist based on your heart rate so if you were really pushing it it raised the assist and if you were at a lower heart rate it lowered the assist. Something like that would be quite helpful for working out but alas that feature isn't included in the current specialized app that replaced mission control.
Smart control is still there but for some stupid reason difficult to find - on the left upper corner it's a kind of "game console" button - just click on it.

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
Especialy with the same motor wight like the gen3 have 2.9kg…
I can not see the S-Work being much less than 23kg. Even in the EMBN interview they broke down the weight of the new stumpjumper at just less than 16kg and if you are add the motor and battery you’re are 22/23kg they said.

DuncanDoughnuts

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town/JHB/Rippon
With you on this....
I use Smart smart power all the time on the gen2 (blevo) such an amazing feature.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Does using blevo void the warranty? I’ve read some people has motor claims voided because specialized could tell a different software was being used.
I think this was the case only on Gen1 Levo/Kenevo and early firmwares of Gen2, where you could increase top speed by altering the wheel circumference to much lower numbers ...

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Alton Hampshire
I downgraded to the old TCU, originally did it to get rid of the cable going to the bar controller but the plus side is I can use the BLEvo app. The new Spesh app is basically unusable so it ended up working out better than I had planned.
Good morning,

I love using the BLEVO app and especially the SMART POWER config. I have been on a Gen 2 levo since Oct 2018 with old TCU. Just been offered a great deal on a new 2024 Levo Pro Carbon, this has the later Mastermind TCU.

So my question... Does BLEVO still not work with the Mastermind TCU? This might well put me off the purchase. :unsure: :cry:

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
Good morning,

I love using the BLEVO app and especially the SMART POWER config. I have been on a Gen 2 levo since Oct 2018 with old TCU. Just been offered a great deal on a new 2024 Levo Pro Carbon, this has the later Mastermind TCU.

So my question... Does BLEVO still not work with the Mastermind TCU? This might well put me off the purchase. :unsure: :cry:
BLEvo doesn’t work with the mastermind TCU. The mastermind TCU requires the handlebar controller to select modes, I wanted to get rid of the handlebar controller so I downgraded to the older TCU. I only did it to make the cockpit as clean as I could, I only have the 2 brake lines and nothing else.

I wasn’t originally planning to use BLEvo but I was having all kinds of issues with the new app and figured I’d give it a go. You could always do what I did and downgrade the TCU, not sure where you are but I picked mine up for £120 and the Spesh shop programmed it for me for free.

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Alton Hampshire
BLEvo doesn’t work with the mastermind TCU. The mastermind TCU requires the handlebar controller to select modes, I wanted to get rid of the handlebar controller so I downgraded to the older TCU. I only did it to make the cockpit as clean as I could, I only have the 2 brake lines and nothing else.

I wasn’t originally planning to use BLEvo but I was having all kinds of issues with the new app and figured I’d give it a go. You could always do what I did and downgrade the TCU, not sure where you are but I picked mine up for £120 and the Spesh shop programmed it for me for free.
This is not correct... Just found out Blevo does now work with Mastermind TCU and the SMART Power and HR features but you need to buy the Levociraptor Gen 3 plug in. Currently I have the Levociraptor Gen 2 plug in.

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
I heard the bad news from my dealer today that the release date has been postponed to March 2025, and that initially only the S-Works and Pro models will be released as Gen4, while the rest will still come as Gen3. Prices are expected to increase significantly, and the motor will remain Brose… let's wait and see.

TonTonUB

May 27, 2020
France
We don't give a sh*t about gen4 levo postponed or whatever ! We need a new kenevo ... Sorry, i had to release the pressure :oops::rolleyes: Hem ... I .... need ... ahem ... a new Kenevo ... so if levo gen 4 is post pwned because of a new kenevo ... hem ? Ok, i 🚪

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
I heard the bad news from my dealer today that the release date has been postponed to March 2025, and that initially only the S-Works and Pro models will be released as Gen4, while the rest will still come as Gen3. Prices are expected to increase significantly, and the motor will remain Brose… let's wait and see.
6 months!

any reason why?

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
We don't give a sh*t about gen4 levo postponed or whatever ! We need a new kenevo ... Sorry, i had to release the pressure :oops::rolleyes: Hem ... I .... need ... ahem ... a new Kenevo ... so if levo gen 4 is post pwned because of a new kenevo ... hem ? Ok, i 🚪
I built mine, the only thing stock on mine is the frame, drive unit , seat post, headset and the derailleur/ shifter. Shock, fork, brakes, bars, saddle, wheels/tires , cogstack and stem are all new. I built the Kenevo out as a total plow bike. 27.5 plus was the real brake through. 40 mm iw wheels with 2.8 Michelin enduro tires really changed the bike. That and the vorsprung /fox dh combo made the Kenevo into a lite dirt bike….. sorry Levo guys, short chain stays are just don’t cut it for where I ride.
IMG_2997.jpeg
IMG_3063.jpeg
IMG_2975.jpeg
IMG_2977.jpeg

emtbeast

Jan 10, 2022
Slovenia
Maybe I'm wrong but Isn't it quite a normal release process for Specialized to 1st release the Top spec versions with the lower ones following later, I think that's how they usually did it?

Actually it's quite understandable when you look at the big picture, the top spec bikes are normally not sold in extremely high numbers, so also not produced in high numbers, so it's normal to release them first.

While the lower spec bikes that the masses buy are therefore produced in masses and so for that, there has to be a good smart logistical plan behind it to please everyone out there.

Meanwhile there are still the old lower spec Gen 3's in the shops and warehouses that need sell out first to make space for the new Gen 4 lower spec to fill the market gap.

There is a lot of marketing psychology behind it, by throwing out the best and the finest you have first you create a lot of interest, some (dentist) sells and first time users(influencers) marketing.
Then with a time gap for the attainable models, you create craving and demand, so when you do release the attainable models you have a hungry market at your disposal.
Everything sells with relative ease, all you need to take care of is the customer with support and a good warranty.

Not so sure about the Brose motor, I think/read somewhere that that could be reserved for something else with more travel in the future...✌

TonTonUB

May 27, 2020
France
I built mine, the only thing stock on mine is the frame, drive unit , seat post, headset and the derailleur/ shifter. Shock, fork, brakes, bars, saddle, wheels/tires , cogstack and stem are all new. I built the Kenevo out as a total plow bike. 27.5 plus was the real brake through. 40 mm iw wheels with 2.8 Michelin enduro tires really changed the bike. That and the vorsprung /fox dh combo made the Kenevo into a lite dirt bike….. sorry Levo guys, short chain stays are just don’t cut it for where I ride.
I planned to buy one, and mod it into a full 29er.
I missed my chance ... DVO 38 onyx SL front, DVO jade x prime rear, some DTswiss wheels ... Now, i can only cross fingers while waiting for ken'o successor :cry:

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Maybe I'm wrong but Isn't it quite a normal release process for Specialized to 1st release the Top spec versions with the lower ones following later, I think that's how they usually did it?

Actually it's quite understandable when you look at the big picture, the top spec bikes are normally not sold in extremely high numbers, so also not produced in high numbers, so it's normal to release them first.

While the lower spec bikes that the masses buy are therefore produced in masses and so for that, there has to be a good smart logistical plan behind it to please everyone out there.

Meanwhile there are still the old lower spec Gen 3's in the shops and warehouses that need sell out first to make space for the new Gen 4 lower spec to fill the market gap.

There is a lot of marketing psychology behind it, by throwing out the best and the finest you have first you create a lot of interest, some (dentist) sells and first time users(influencers) marketing.
Then with a time gap for the attainable models, you create craving and demand, so when you do release the attainable models you have a hungry market at your disposal.
Everything sells with relative ease, all you need to take care of is the customer with support and a good warranty.

Not so sure about the Brose motor, I think/read somewhere that that could be reserved for something else with more travel in the future...✌
This was the case only for Gen3, as at that (covid) time there was a huge bike and bike parts shortage, and they released top end spec models first as they need much less & more expensive bike parts to assemble them ... But now it's the opposite as they have apparently overstocked Gen3 models and they have to sell them as much as possible before Gen4 release ... But competition doesn't sleep either ...

Last edited:

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
Bosch gen5 launch is very close and along it some very nice bikes from many brands .
If the gen4 Levo release has really postponed to 2025, Specialized are at risk of losing A LOT of potential customers.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I was at my LBS yesterday and the owner told me he was told there will be a new Levo and a Levo long travel(LT). He said he was told they will both have the same front triangle with different rear ends, shocks and forks. When asked when they will be released, he was told they are waiting a United Laboratories certificate of safety for the new Brose system……I have no idea if this is true, the shop owner has been known to BS now and then but he has been selling Specialized for more than 20 years.

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
It's quite perplexing; the German website only lists alloy frames at the moment, which has traditionally been an indicator of forthcoming new models.
First new iPhones today, lets wait...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles