Levo Gen 3 Levo Gen 4 2024 Rumours

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
Probably got a shed load of 2.3 to shift!
Yesterday at my local bike shop I saw the 2025 comp alloy. It had 2.3 tyres, maven brakes, swat and the float X factory not performance. Other than that it was identical

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Last year most of Specialized emtb had 2.6 width tires but now they are 2.3.
Why?
Even with gen2 Levos there was a difference in tire width, some markets got 2.3, other markets got 2.6" ....

Last edited:

petkevich

Jun 6, 2023
San Diego
This is what I saw on the specialized e Enduro bikes in Loudenvielle France last week at the DH and eEDR races. Could be Levo 4?

PXL_20240907_164003828~2.jpg PXL_20240907_163955984~2.jpg

Crow

Jul 3, 2024
Ca
So like Forest Gump always said?....Stupi.................
Why? These things are priced like motorcycles, but if someone thinks the functionality of the companion app is lacking, that makes them stupid? At these prices, the value for money had better be there.

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
The joints kinda remind me of the Atherton frame

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Have Brose decided to seal it against water I wonder, or will we just carry on filling them all up with sand/water/mud and wondering why they fail o_O

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
Have Brose decided to seal it against water I wonder, or will we just carry on filling them all up with sand/water/mud and wondering why they fail o_O
Well I saw a EMBN video at the ebike motor centre and they had the motor on the table and Jonesey was holding the motor, so I feel they have had it for testing and prob help the waterproofing.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
An opposing view!! Not concerned about weight, no interest in fancy electronics, don't use more than half capacity on existing battery capacity and the Bosch cx provides excellent tuneable power delivery. How a bike rides is the defining factor for me together with how well it is engineered. So the DJI offers nothing new or better for me.
A Pinion mgu on the other hand does potentially deliver tangible benefits and the replacement of the derailleur drivetrain is long overdue. I will wait until a leading brand jumps on-board before getting excited about that innovation however.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
How many people coat their drowns in mud and wash them off with a hose? The biggest killer of e bikes is water . The very fact that there is no press on how water proof the dgi motor is very troubling . I pass on being a beta tester.

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
How many people coat their drowns in mud and wash them off with a hose? The biggest killer of e bikes is water . The very fact that there is no press on how water proof the dgi motor is very troubling . I pass on being a beta tester.
The DJI motor is rated at IP66 so protected from total dust ingress and protected from high-pressure water jets from any direction.

if we compare this to the specialized motor which is IP56 so protected from limited dust ingress and protected from high-pressure water jets from any direction.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Brose motors have water issues, standards are great but how will they hold up out on the trail? Lab tests are good for a starting point but how do you simulate a peddle strike in a stream or the bike hung on the back of the car in a down poor at 100kph? Again, not interested in being a beta tester.

zerofunds

Nov 30, 2020
New Zealand
An opposing view!! Not concerned about weight, no interest in fancy electronics, don't use more than half capacity on existing battery capacity and the Bosch cx provides excellent tuneable power delivery. How a bike rides is the defining factor for me together with how well it is engineered. So the DJI offers nothing new or better for me.
A Pinion mgu on the other hand does potentially deliver tangible benefits and the replacement of the derailleur drivetrain is long overdue. I will wait until a leading brand jumps on-board before getting excited about that innovation however.
Having the bike lock and needing a pin code to use it is a great security feature, throw in an alert on the bike and your phone if the bike is moved and built in GPS tracking, I think everyone would want those features these days. It also has a feature to stop you rolling backwards on a hill and a hillstart assist mode. Lots of little features that add up to be an epic package.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles