Levo Gen 3 Levo Gen 4 2024 Rumours

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
If the prices match the Gen3 level, I'll be satisfied as long as the Gen4 drops to the Expert level. Pro or S-Works models are beyond my budget—unless I drink a lot of beer with my dealer to score a discount...
But first of all, I'm actually a Levo SL rider and also have an eye on SL2.
Gen4 really has to convince me and I would love to see it in range of the Cannondal Moterra SL, which is one of my favorits currently...

Last edited:

emtbeast

Jan 10, 2022
Slovenia
The one and only interesting fact they threw out is focus on cadence-torque relationship, which is imo the most important thing when choosing a motor.

If you have a broad cadence window(30rpm up to 90rpm) where the torque drop isn't significant or is relatively flat drop then that's way better than any 110Nm motor which torque drops significantly mostly at cadences higher that 65 to 70rpm or maybe even lower.

If they gave focus on that when testing the firmware for the new motor then that's great and finally someone that gets the point of a good motor.

A tough build is just a bonus or isn't, in reality I think there are a lot of parts in the build package that every rider has a personal preference for(tires, suspension, cockpit).

I hope they also go for simplicity(no headtube cable routing and similar newage shit).

Looking forward for the release.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
A buddy of mine just got a Rocky Mountain instinct power play. When I said I liked the altitude for the extra travel, he pulled out a shock bracket. He told me all you need to convert an instinct (140mm travel ) to an altitude (165mm travel) is a shock bracket, a longer shock and add travel to the fork. Both bikes use the same front triangle , chain and seat stays.
What does this mean for the new Levo? I am hoping specialized does the same thing for a Levo/Kenevo combo. The cascade long shock link should be a road map for the 4th gen imo.

robikinkela

Oct 11, 2018
Aosta IT
I am completely satisfied with my Levo III. What more could I want? Only 3.5 kg less (20). That's it! 600W/h main battery + 160W extender...

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I am completely satisfied with my Levo III. What more could I want? Only 3.5 kg less (20). That's it! 600W/h main battery + 160W extender...
The Levo is a great trail bike if you spend most of your time on “ blue and green” difficulty trails. If you go looking for black and double black trails the Levo starts to be a limiting factor. Can a pro rider take a Levo down double black trails? Sure, but I will never have that much talent. I want a bike that helps me ride what I want to ride.

DuncanDoughnuts

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town/JHB/Rippon
The Levo is a great trail bike if you spend most of your time on “ blue and green” difficulty trails. If you go looking for black and double black trails the Levo starts to be a limiting factor. Can a pro rider take a Levo down double black trails? Sure, but I will never have that much talent. I want a bike that helps me ride what I want to ride.
Ive gone the other way ... I have a gen 3 expert and ive swapped the 700 for a 500 and swapped the X2 for a x rear Shox, 38 for a 36, and now I have a lightweight mean racing machine...

I have never found that the bike in its default configuration has even been a limit to what I want to ride.

But keeping on topic ... I hope they add coast shift to the new gen4

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Example please! Which one would substitute your talent ?
I am currently on a Kenevo.
IMG_3016.jpeg

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I still don't understand the need to tune an ebike, 25kph is already super fast going uphill. A normal bike gets blown away without any chance to keep up.
The only time I feel like it would be nice not to have the 25kph limit is when riding on flat terrain, that thing gets stuck at around 30-35kph, anything over that you have to really push those pedals :ROFLMAO:
I don’t think you guys understand why most derestrict their bikes. I’ve never wanted to go over 16mph UP a trail , it’s coming down or on flats when you’re hitting big jumps and you need a few extra pedals to avoid instant death . There’s nothing worse than the feeling of being pull back as you’re just about to launch off a 20/30ft double and that goes for your mate behind to !

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia
I don’t think you guys understand why most derestrict their bikes. I’ve never wanted to go over 16mph UP a trail , it’s coming down or on flats when you’re hitting big jumps and you need a few extra pedals to avoid instant death . There’s nothing worse than the feeling of being pull back as you’re just about to launch off a 20/30ft double and that goes for your mate behind to !

I think relying on a motor to avoid crashing on a jump is the worst use case for derestricting. There’s usually a reason why you don’t have the necessary speed for a jump, and if you don’t have it, you shouldn’t jump but work on building up your speed. But that's just my two cents; you might see it differently.

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
A very nice article about the new Peak3 motor,sure looks good!

However,if we go back to the gen4 Levo rumors, unless it's still far away,it looks like no more Brose for Specialized.A quote from the article:
"However, it will still be a while before the first e-bikes with the new Brose Drive³ Peak come onto the market"

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk

However,if we go back to the gen4 Levo rumors, unless it's still far away,it looks like no more Brose for Specialized.A quote from the article:
"However, it will still be a while before the first e-bikes with the new Brose Drive³ Peak come onto the market"
I wonder if it will use the Bosch Gen 5 on Alex bike tester when comparing Askoll Ultra 90A to Gen 4 he made passing comment the the gen5 was coming in September.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway

Behind a paywall

Superdad

Aug 2, 2024
California
Seems that in preparation for new models, Spesh has some new great sales on Gen3 Comp Carbon:
--2023 Comp Carbon at $6K is now on their website (when I paid that for my Sage S3 in July, Spesh was showing $7K sale price);
--"2025" Comp Carbon (the version with Maven Bronze brakes, X01 Eagle derailleur, and 2.3" tires instead of 2.6") for $6.5K.
[If my LBS had had the latter for that price back in July, I would have went for that as the $500 diff for the much better brakes would have seemed worth it.]

Honestly, $6.5K for the Comp Carbon as equipped seems extremely competitive. If they had that price year-round (with good size stock and a wider selection of colors :rolleyes:) I think Specialized would really put the hurt on the other big premium brands in the full-power segment. I mean what does $6.5K get you from Santa Cruz, Orbed, Cannondale, Trek, etc.?

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Seems that in preparation for new models, Spesh has some new great sales on Gen3 Comp Carbon:
--2023 Comp Carbon at $6K is now on their website (when I paid that for my Sage S3 in July, Spesh was showing $7K sale price);
--"2025" Comp Carbon (the version with Maven Bronze brakes, X01 Eagle derailleur, and 2.3" tires instead of 2.6") for $6.5K.
[If my LBS had had the latter for that price back in July, I would have went for that as the $500 diff for the much better brakes would have seemed worth it.]

Honestly, $6.5K for the Comp Carbon as equipped seems extremely competitive. If they had that price year-round (with good size stock and a wider selection of colors :rolleyes:) I think Specialized would really put the hurt on the other big premium brands in the full-power segment. I mean what does $6.5K get you from Santa Cruz, Orbed, Cannondale, Trek, etc.?
I also paid the discounted price in norway but couldn't choose color only black or full price on sage green. It's a bit of a gambling buying spesh these days since prices is going up and down every month.

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk

Yep about 6 weeks ago got a 2024 comp alloy which has the revised Fox rhythm 36 fork for just less than £4.5K. Awesome bike just keep have trouble with wheels fingers crossed specialized will fix under warranty

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
Behind a paywall
But it also states:
However, Brose is definitely on the home straight and I am pretty sure that we will soon see - maybe even in autumn 2024 - a new e-bike with the new Brose Drive³ Peak engine.
😂

Guys, there is now paywall, it’s free and google can translate for sure

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I think relying on a motor to avoid crashing on a jump is the worst use case for derestricting. There’s usually a reason why you don’t have the necessary speed for a jump, and if you don’t have it, you shouldn’t jump but work on building up your speed. But that's just my two cents; you might see it differently.
You’re wrong , jumplines aren’t built for e-bikes . Small flowy jumplines that requires less than 15.9 mph are fine but bigger jumps that are spaced out more are a nightmare on e-bikes . It’s not that I can’t pedal after the cut off , it’s the sudden grab of the back feeling at the wrong moment . A good example is BPW A470’ line , absolute nightmare if you’re not on a derestricted bike !
Edit anyway any Levo news today 🤙

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
Just watching an old embn video from 4 months ago and is that’s a drive 3 motor, taking about preventing watering ingress
IMG_7170.jpeg

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
The Kenevo has some real issues, the suspension does not ramp up enough so coils are tough to get right, the stand over is 799 mm and it is a yoke suspension so it’s tough on rear shocks. I think the days of high priced meat powered bikes is coming to the end. I also think specialized need to expand its e Mtb line down market to make them more accessible.

Last edited by a moderator:

emtbeast

Jan 10, 2022
Slovenia
I was talking about crazy new motor torque claims , one of them being Djis avinox with 110Nm.
These kind of numbers are only available in a short cadence window which is mostly unusable when climbing, because the torque drops significantly in higher cadence ranges.

I am exited on what could be coming on the levo, dont really care wich brand motor as long as it will prove it self reliable with good integration.

What has got me interested is that in the latest embn interview one of the guys from Spech said they focused on the cadence/torque relationship(imo keypoint for a good feel of the motor in all conditions) and not on insane torque figures.

Would love to see a power/torque/cadence chart(attached is a Sram Eagle powertrain chart) with every motor/bike release. There you can see exactly how motors behave at any given moment.

Oh...and thanks for the teasers 👍😃

Screenshot_20240821_205854_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles