Levo Gen 3 Levo Gen 4 2024 Rumours

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
It is metric 210x55mm, put in what you like…
Crap size, trail/all mountain bikes should be using 230x whatever. Longer shocks with 150-160mm travel mean lower spring rates and more oil for damping. There is a reason why the long shock kit from cascade works so well.

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
Crap size, trail/all mountain bikes should be using 230x whatever. Longer shocks with 150-160mm travel mean lower spring rates and more oil for damping. There is a reason why the long shock kit from cascade works so well.

The Stumpjumper15 offers 145mm of travel. Which brand uses a longer shock to achieve the same travel?
A 210x55mm shock is standard.

Miket775

Feb 4, 2020
Northampton, UK
I expect when they do launch that Gen4 will be S-Works and Pro only with maybe the expert later (about 6 months after launch) - I expect that the alloy bikes will all stay Gen3 for quite a while before we see any Gen4's (mayby late '25 or even '26)

Superdad

Aug 2, 2024
California
I expect when they do launch that Gen4 will be S-Works and Pro only with maybe the expert later (about 6 months after launch) - I expect that the alloy bikes will all stay Gen3 for quite a while before we see any Gen4's (mayby late '25 or even '26)
That does not make too much sense to me because:
The biggest sellers in the full power Levo line--simply because they are just about affordable for mere mortals--are the Base and Comp, and about equal between carbon and alloy frames. When a manufacturer invests in a new design and new tooling--and undoubtedly big buys on the motor/battery systems for it--they need to recoup those costs as quickly as possible. And that means volume sales.

That said, I can see them offering/shipping first the high-end models as a way to drive sales of those--to the pros or obsessed enthusiasts who must have the latest and greatest right away. But really just a 3-4 months at most before rolling out the full rest of the models.

Yet, as I said months ago after taking with my big Spesh LBS, and confirmed since by others here, late-Q1 2025 is likely the soonest any shop will begin to trickle in stock of any Gen4.
But of course Specialized is under immense pressure to announce and show Gen4--and that could happen next week.

Every business faces the same dilemma when the operate in a highly competitive market:
a) Announce/preview the new model early with the result being an unknown degree of slowing/killing sales of the prior generation still in stock and at dealers;
b) Announce/preview the new model early so as to create enough FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) in the minds of buyers who were considering other brands, such that they hold off buying anything until the new generation ships.

[P.S. I am not in the bike business, but I do own and have run multiple other product production businesses in competitive markets.]

Apr 18, 2020
germany
There could be a few reasons for the delay. Certainly too much stock and maybe also the amflow bike. Maybe they redesigned some stuff to make it more competitive weight wise.

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
There could be a few reasons for the delay. Certainly too much stock and maybe also the amflow bike. Maybe they redesigned some stuff to make it more competitive weight wise.
While it's all just a look into the crystal ball, this is certainly not the reason. The German salespeople say the launch was planned for fall 2024, so the bikes must already be in production. Making changes now is therefore almost impossible...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles