DH World Cup thread

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
And I got round to the womens' race last night. Poor Myriam, she looked shell shocked & what a spot to bin it too. Talk about sport being unscripted drama.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
The dog is out of Rampage according to PB. Seems the Lenzerheide injury hasn't healed & he's ended up having more surgery. Probably always a big ask to come back from that in time.

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
The dog is out of Rampage according to PB. Seems the Lenzerheide injury hasn't healed & he's ended up having more surgery. Probably always a big ask to come back from that in time.
Yes, probably too much. It’s a troubling injury to have being so deep. Although not as bad as when muscles are cut across the strands, rather than split along the length of the muscle strands as hopefully was the case for most, if not all of this injury (Matt Jones mentioned this in a vid the other day about the dog’s injury which it seems he’s chatted to him about).

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
So good to have DH season back up and running - the French are just full bore nutters.

standard is so high and competitive now at the sharp end that to win you really have to push it over the edge, which is making for some spectacular viewing!

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
So good to have DH season back up and running - the French are just full bore nutters.

standard is so high and competitive now at the sharp end that to win you really have to push it over the edge, which is making for some spectacular viewing!

Was a great race!! World cup DH is one of the best sports to follow.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Felt for Brendog getting a flat. Enjoyed Bernard's 30 hours of forensic documentary, covering everything from the dog to the cupboards in the school bus, preparatory to finishing 30th but shifting a few Pivots I expect.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Bernard Kerr?
You do realise he's actually the Pivot team manager, yeah? One of the most skillful, stylish and watchable mtb riders on the planet and still a top 20 ranked UCI DH racer himself. with multiple RB Hardline wins and the ability to top 10 at an EWS even though he "hates" Enduro.
Youtube/social media is a massive part of the job for professional mtb riders and teams nowadays.
You don't see the irony of slating the results of a rider of Kerr's caliber followed by a link to your own YT channel full of novice level blue trail Ebike riding?

[Edit]The above was in reply to a (now deleted) post by Banktramp

Last edited:

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
48F1B711-1A84-4B65-8B2E-81904481E6B6.jpeg

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Pierron is always a balls out, all or nothing guy but I feel Vergier would have nicked it of he'd been able to keep it rubber side down. he was up at every split iirc. Still think (hope) Laurie Greenland is one to watch this year. new team, new bike, age on his side, all the chops & something to prove. Santa Cruz always choose wisely.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I'm watching a podcast right now where one guy who I lmow was there, suggests Pierron's tyres were specially made for him for this race. Take it or leave it, I don't know either way “¯\_(ツ)_/¯“

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
I'm watching a podcast right now where one guy who I lmow was there, suggests Pierron's tyres were specially made for him for this race. Take it or leave it, I don't know either way “¯\_(ツ)_/¯“
Wow, probably prototype tires with his specifications. Interesting. Thanks for that.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
It's somewhere in the first thirty minutes in here if you have time to wade through it. The chap who brings it up was filming for Brendan Fairclough.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Who’s cheering for who then ?

Danny Hart for the win ?

Reece Wilson for Scotland ?

A complete French podium ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles