DH World Cup thread

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Long time sports fan and have hung banners at World Cups bitd but finding my interest in WC/XCO whatever they label it has waned over the years, the last few especially. Due to the fact that most of the races are across a whole country and a pond to boot they run early enough in the a.m. so that they don't take away from riding time fortunately.

I don't drink RedBull nor recommend that anyone does but their free content has been the only thing that has kept my interest in UCI events this long. I hope that Warner gets to keep up his commentator job with them or somewhere because his chances at being a success on YouTube seems slim and he at least does well with his day job.

I follow CX and road racing also when it is available but after a few years of GCN+ to do so, which was $25 intro an is now $50/yr here in the US with lots of blackouts, I won't be renewing my membership with them because their commentators are not that great and where I live the video feed is wonky for some reason. So from now on I'll just get my news after the fact on YouTube and whereever I can find free results.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I follow CX and road racing also when it is available but after a few years of GCN+ to do so, which was $25 intro an is now $50/yr here in the US with lots of blackouts, I won't be renewing my membership with them because their commentators are not that great and where I live the video feed is wonky for some reason. So from now on I'll just get my news after the fact on YouTube and whereever I can find free results.
That is not encouraging :/ I'd also not recommmend energy drinks packed full of sugar & caffeine, whilst simultameously being grateful to Red Bull for the coverage!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
That is not encouraging :/ I'd also not recommmend energy drinks packed full of sugar & caffeine, whilst simultameously being grateful to Red Bull for the coverage!

Think I’ve had a Red Bull & Vodka once, didn’t enjoy it. Never had Red Bull since

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
This is why you can't clear the rock garden at Snowshoe. I see you more as a pint of mild & pickled egg sort of shredder. 😁

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
1657306785633.png

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Saw that too. Shocking what they get. Is it the same for the XC crowd too, anyone know? That gig is way harder, the DH guys just have to keep it rubber side down for 3 minutes.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
11k is for a stage win. The overall pot is well over 2 million Euros. Last year's winner took 500,000 in prize money.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Anyone want to stick their neck out for Andorra? I suppose it would be foolish to bet against Amaury but Fin lles is on a mission, Dakota was right on it last week until he fell off his boner but I'm taking a flyer on Loris.

Wildcard: Still think Laurie Greenland has a moment to come but his performance recently has been a mix of poor decision making & bad luck.

I reckon Vali's luck has to change. Head says Camille, heart going with Holl. In the juniors, Phoebe Gayle is consistently topping out but Jenna Hastings is getting better every round & I'm keeping an eye on Aimi Kenyon, expecially as team PB gets to devote resources to her as Cathro gets yet another afternoons sunbathing. I'm also having Jackson Goldstone - I think Jordan Williams is out with a broken finger?

I'll take my being wrong ritual humiliation straight after the racing. 😂

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Proper death grip track, insane speeds. Been a great series so far this year.

Jackson going fastest on the day is something else for a junior on a track like that

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Those two lads are going to tear up the elite when they move up. Phenomenal pair.

STATO

Feb 18, 2020
North
Looks like a track for Gwin. Think it’s Vergier or Amuary for the win though. Like vali or Nina for womans. Can’t wait track looks soooo fast!

Gwin's run was really interesting to watch. The precision was very impressive, riding the 6" gap at the edge of the road gap drop to avoid the slower rubber matting, and the same on the exit of the road bridge to increase speed into the next section. It was no wonder he looked pissed off at the finish for his mistake. Doubt he would have won but proper podium was easily within reach.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles