Dengfu E10 - The CHEEB V1.0 - Discussion

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
This will give you a bit more confidence of the design Rob, there's a couple kicking around of the newer E10's as well over some pretty rough ground.

2cool2fool

Sep 6, 2020
USA - Chicago
I'm glad you mentioned that. It would be a shame if xenophobia surreptitiously crept into this DIY project.
Whether Denfu carbon frames are any good or not (for your intended application) has yet to be proven obviously... hopefully from an engineering standpoint without racial prejudice.

It's hard to spot cracks on black carbon (matt or glossy)... so I think it's a good idea that you're painting yours with a lighter colour. (y)
It would be a shame if xenophobia surreptitiously crept into this DIY project.
It would be a shame if virtue signaling from the audience crept into the project as well.

Last edited:

CRFan1

Dec 2, 2020
NW Indiana
Luna doesn't know much about anything about bikes afaict if you read any of their product descriptions, especially of the worst of them. Just buying stock Dengfu frames has been a step up over previous products. They tried designing their own and they were horrid. Still sold ofc. This was a flagship product for years, people still want it lol.

Luna is not the worst out there and they have been pretty good regarding any support...not great but good. My X1, after sorting a few things has been stellar and the X1 frame is similar to this dengfu Rob is using. Rob's is a next gen I think and probably better but I Have taken mine through some pretty rough trails and jumps and no issues at all. That being said, I wouldn't buy anything they make except for the X1. :)

Last edited:

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I'm glad you mentioned that. It would be a shame if xenophobia surreptitiously crept into this DIY project.
Whether Denfu carbon frames are any good or not (for your intended application) has yet to be proven obviously... hopefully from an engineering standpoint without racial prejudice.

It's hard to spot cracks on black carbon (matt or glossy)... so I think it's a good idea that you're painting yours with a lighter colour. (y)
I'm just here for the build man. I read a book about Xenophobia, it was about aliens who looked like bugs. Not sure what it has to do with the build. Lol.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
this is 1/2 ltr Pearlescent Blue he had left from painting the car
the motorbike,kids bike,washer,carpet
I see you've been in the back of Rob's van ..

rob.jpg

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
There is something deeply satisfying in building your own eMTB!

I am watching with keen interest, this will be a great Spring project!

[mention]Rob Rides EMTB [/mention] will you provide us with a BOM (Bill of Materials)?
there is one on the first couple of pages bud

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles