Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Alright lads, noob here from sunny Sussex. I've been following this thread for a while now. I've got one on order. Which is to say I ordered one, they cancelled it a couple of days later, reordered when it came back into stock, two weeks ago with a delivery date of yesterday. They emailed me two days ago to say it would be delayed & now aren't answering emails.

I'm willing to hang on, I do realise these are in demand & we're in the middle of a global pandemic with fractured supply chains but all the same, it's a bit of a grind dealing with them tbh. Right that's off me chest, I'm off to Newbies to post pics of my sexy Lapierre. Cheers!

Johnny rider

Jun 28, 2020
Coventry uk
It’s looking great ??

69E42921-866C-4FE2-99AC-8AA68C9CF4F7.png

HGmtb

Patreon
Jan 16, 2019
Sydney
Hi all, yet another newbie here. I took collection of my Stilus yesterday. I understand a lot of people are having issues with the ordering process, but mine was smooth from start to finish. The bike even arrived scratch free with everything in the box! Guess I got lucky!

I swapped the tyres straight over for a set of Onza Porcupine's and changed the saddle for a trusty Charge Spoon. Other than that it's standard spec. I took it out for it's first ride this morning.

I ride a lot of XC and also on the road too, but this e-mtb is the best fun I've had in ages on a bike. It was a total blast on my 1 hour loop on the Mendips this morning. It was almost so much fun I felt like I was doing something illegal :LOL:

So hi everyone, nice to meet you all. And for those struggling to get hold of a bike, keep at it as it's totally worth the pain once you actually get out on the thing!

Cheers
Matt
Maybe you should re-route your front brake line, as it is not where it ought to be (look at another picture of a Stilus) - it could get pinched between the fork and the frame if you turn the bars too much.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Kiox upgrade done

So I fitted the upgrade kit today and it’s quite easy. You don’t need a crank puller and you don’t have to remove the motor if you are lucky.

The hardest thing is removing the sump guard. The two screws that are at the rear might need you to cut down an Allen key in order to get in. There’s not much space and its fiddly.

I removed battery and the Purion display and left it hanging, flipped the bike over and removed the wheels, it just saves them getting in the way.

Remove that nasty sharp screw where the cables are routed at the headstock and remove the sump guard. Next remove the rubberised housing on the motor, the side with the writing on. I pulled a string through using the original Purion on cable so that I was able to fish the old wire out and put the new wire in. Its a bit of a fiddle but I was able to get the connector through. This is where you may have luck if the string you have put through has a free and straight run otherwise you will need to take the motor out, it’s just six bolts.

You will be able to see how the connector fastens to the motor looking at the Kiox plug. Put everything back and you’re done.

The unit was recognised straight away, the app took a while to update the software but it’s all straight forward. There are instructions that come with the kit that are generic but worth a look.

Johnny rider

Jun 28, 2020
Coventry uk
Kiox upgrade done

So I fitted the upgrade kit today and it’s quite easy. You don’t need a crank puller and you don’t have to remove the motor if you are lucky.

The hardest thing is removing the sump guard. The two screws that are at the rear might need you to cut down an Allen key in order to get in. There’s not much space and its fiddly.

I removed battery and the Purion display and left it hanging, flipped the bike over and removed the wheels, it just saves them getting in the way.

Remove that nasty sharp screw where the cables are routed at the headstock and remove the sump guard. Next remove the rubberised housing on the motor, the side with the writing on. I pulled a string through using the original Purion on cable so that I was able to fish the old wire out and put the new wire in. Its a bit of a fiddle but I was able to get the connector through. This is where you may have luck if the string you have put through has a free and straight run otherwise you will need to take the motor out, it’s just six bolts.

You will be able to see how the connector fastens to the motor looking at the Kiox plug. Put everything back and you’re done.

The unit was recognised straight away, the app took a while to update the software but it’s all straight forward. There are instructions that come with the kit that are generic but worth a look.
Nice one mate thank you

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow
Sooooo... finally got my Stilus today (ordered the 6th) !!! And it's the correct size, hahaha!

They didn't lose the bike, but for some reason (and the guys in the shop had no idea why) it took 7 days to get there from the day the bike was said to be shipped on the website. I know Glasgow isn't as close as Coventry, but come on, it's not Stornoway either!
Considering how long it took I'm wondering if the bikes still come from the Northampton warehouse, or if they changed something in their processes to cope with demand here...

-> So anyway, for those who where hoping to get their bike early like it happened a couple weeks ago (and I know that you, Johnny, are specifically hoping it won't be too long now... ;) ), be aware it might take longer this time.
The guys at the shop also confirmed to me they've been kind of abandoned, left to themselves to deal with the lack of stock, AND LACK OF COMMUNICATION.
They don't have a better access to customer support than we do, and can't see more that what we see about online orders. It's a shame really, they deplore it too but clearly can't do anything. However, as usual, top service from them, at least I didn't lose my faith in the staff in Decathlon shops.

Didn't have the time to go for a ride on it, but the bike is in great shape (a couple air bubbles in the paint job, small ones really, and that's it), they had changed the brake levers the way I like them to be (i.e. rear brake lever on the right, which works as it's supposed to be with the internal routing as it is when it's delivered), they checked all bolts and torqued to spec when needed 'cause I had mentioned Rob's issues, re-bled the brakes for me, and they even saved me a shock pump they had just received as well because I had been enquiring about it when I discussed the brake levers (saying I didn't want to order online, considering other items had been cancelled and I was really getting annoyed with it).
I can't say it enough, while customer support and online ordering is a massive pain, the guys at the shop are the real deal, great staff!

Only downside is: of all the different saddles this bike came with over the past few weeks, I got the cheapest and thinnest one... :ROFLMAO:

Will be "oot and aboot" riding the bike tomorrow, pretty confident I will love it (the bike, not the saddle).

Last edited:

McNasty

Jul 17, 2020
Manchester
Sooooo... finally got my Stilus today (ordered the 6th) !!! And it's the correct size, hahaha!

They didn't lose the bike, but for some reason (and the guys in the shop had no idea why) it took 7 days to get there from the day the bike was said to be shipped on the website. I know Glasgow isn't as close as Coventry, but come on, it's not Stornoway either!
Considering how long it took I'm wondering if the bikes still come from the Northampton warehouse, or if they change something in their processes to cope with demand here...

-> So anyway, for those who where hoping to get their bike early like it happened a couple weeks ago (and I know that you, Johnny, are specifically hoping it won't be too long now... ;) ), be aware it might take longer this time.
The guys at the shop also confirmed to me they've been kind of abandoned, left to themselves to deal with the lack of stock, AND LACK OF COMMUNICATION.
They don't have a better access to customer support than we do, and can't see more that what we see about online orders. It's a shame really, they deplore it too but clearly can't do anything. However, as usual, top service from them, at least I didn't lose my faith in the staff in Decathlon shops.

Didn't have the time to go for a ride on it, but the bike is in great shape (a couple air bubbles in the paint job, small ones really, and that's it), they had changed the brake levers the way I like them to be (i.e. rear brake lever on the right, which works as it's supposed to be with the internal routing as it is when it's delivered), they checked all bolts and torqued to spec when needed 'cause I had mentioned Rob's issues, re-bled the brakes for me, and they even saved me a shock pump they had just received as well because I had been enquiring about it when I discussed the brake levers (saying I didn't want to order online, considering other items had been cancelled and I was really getting annoyed with it).
I can't say it enough, while customer support and online ordering is a massive pain, the guys at the shop are the real deal, great staff!

Only downside is: of all the different saddles this bike came with over the past few weeks, I got the cheapest and thinnest one... :ROFLMAO:

Will be "oot and aboot" riding the bike tomorrow, pretty confident I will love it (the bike, not the saddle).
Excellent news, enjoy your bike Idaho! I’m pleased to hear that the next batch of bikes are starting to arrive.

This is 100% my experience of Decathlon staff too, they couldn’t be more helpful when you go into the store but are given zero information about deliveries etc. from head office. They are such a good bunch of staff and deserve some recognition.

I look forward to hearing how wide your smile was on your maiden voyage! ??

P.S. To all the people who have had orders cancelled, don’t give up, it’ll be worth it in the end

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London

Considering how long it took I'm wondering if the bikes still come from the Northampton warehouse, or if they changed something in their processes to cope with demand here...

Seat is a razorblade tbh!! Get yourself an Ergon SM-EMTB for full comfort..!

Honestly, first swap out should be the tyres though. It will transform the ride. Minion DHF front and rear or the Pirelli Scorpion. Go tubeless also, I believe it's pretaped.

Everything else is upgrade as you go..Let us know how you get on..You'll love it. Rode my Expert Levo today and actually was yearning for the Stilus!!

Last edited:

Rexer

Jul 23, 2020
Belgium
Hello. I'm new here. I've been looking for information/user experiences about a Stilus for a while now. Luckily I ended up on this site :) I am 1.77 meters (5.84 feet) tall. Size L goes up to 1.80 meters (5.91 feet). Some of you (xl) who sit at the end of the measure say it's quite small in size. Is this also for measure L? Do you think size L is good for someone my size? At the moment there is no more stock in my country :-(. Thanks for your info.

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Hello. I'm new here. I've been looking for information/user experiences about a Stilus for a while now. Luckily I ended up on this site :) I am 1.77 meters (5.84 feet) tall. Size L goes up to 1.80 meters (5.91 feet). Some of you (xl) who sit at the end of the measure say it's quite small in size. Is this also for measure L? Do you think size L is good for someone my size? At the moment there is no more stock in my country :-(. Thanks for your info.
I'm 5ft8 and have a large... Fits me fine, any bigger for me and I wouldn't touch the floor(short legs 30inch inside measured) ?

RowanC

Jul 23, 2020
Bristol - UK
Hi, I’m new to the forum and yet to get my first EMTB. Never really ridden full suspension, only hardtails for all types of riding. This bike looks like the perfect entry to electric, (if I can get one) my only concern is how easy it is to get the front wheel up given the long chainstays.

Could anyone offer any specific experience around manualing this bike? I guess this is harder on any EMTB as they’re heavier?

Thanks

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
I’m still on this stage with the Stilus, I’m super nervous.. I’ve refreshed my decathlon order status a million times . Hope it doesn’t get cancelled . Due date is now the 29th
F936510C-4DB8-4A87-9FC9-F2EDB641673E.jpeg

Last edited:

McNasty

Jul 17, 2020
Manchester
Phew, money has finally been taken from my account so fingers crossed it will arrive as scheduled this week.

I was getting a bit worried as people on the Facebook page we’re having some orders cancelled when they were chasing up their orders on Facebook Messenger, my advice would be to be patient and wait for the progress page to update or wait for a cancellation email, I think contacting them on Facebook might be sticking your head above the parapet and if they have oversold some sizes then it would be easier for them to just tell you that your order was cancelled rather than contacting someone else.

Incidentally if yours does get cancelled (fingers crossed it doesn’t) people have been receiving quite substantial compensation, one person was offered £50 and refused and ended up getting £160 in gift vouchers!

I also saw some people speculating about the 2021 model! The staff from Decathlon were barely even aware the 2020 bike was in the pipeline so I’d take any info on the specification of the 2021 model with a pinch of salt (although I did hear it comes with a rocket booster and a set of wings but keep that to yourselves).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles