Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

McNasty

Jul 17, 2020
Manchester
I’m still on this stage with the Stilus, I’m super nervous.. I’ve refreshed my decathlon order status a million times . Hope it doesn’t get cancelled . Due date is now the 29th View attachment 36472
Have they taken the money out of your account? Mine is at the same stage as yours and delivery due on the 30th, the money has gone from my account this morning though which I’m hoping is a good sign. ??

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Have they taken the money out of your account? Mine is at the same stage as yours and delivery due on the 30th, the money has gone from my account this morning though which I’m hoping is a good sign. ??
Tho if you have completely read this thread you will know people have been refunded at this stage ...

McNasty

Jul 17, 2020
Manchester
Tho if you have completely read this thread you will know people have been refunded at this stage ...
Thanks, there’s a lot of conflicting information (guesswork) flying about and it’s hard to keep up with! Someone also said that they only take the money once they’ve shipped it, at least now that they’ve taken the money we’ll be in for some hefty compensation if they do refund it. ??

Craig24

Jul 24, 2020
Wigan
Been following this thread for a while, looking for my first emtb after riding a Giant Trance for a few years, I’m 5ft8 with a 31” leg and ride a medium Trance, from what I’ve read here and looking at the charts I would assume a Large would be best fit?

Also is it worth me checking each night at 11pm for stock as it says?

Johnny rider

Jun 28, 2020
Coventry uk
Been following this thread for a while, looking for my first emtb after riding a Giant Trance for a few years, I’m 5ft8 with a 31” leg and ride a medium Trance, from what I’ve read here and looking at the charts I would assume a Large would be best fit?

Also is it worth me checking each night at 11pm for stock as it says?
Do the stock check in the afternoon seems to get a better chance of getting a bike

Craig24

Jul 24, 2020
Wigan
Cheers, so they do still come into stock sometimes? Wasn't sure, I've been looking for the last week or 2 but never seen any.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Cheers both. Any advice on size for 5ft8 with 31" inside leg, currently riding a medium Giant Trance?
Would say a Large. I'm 5'10 with 32"inside leg and went for XL (check a few of my earlier posts and photos on this as it also shows arm length from shoulder to palm and you get to see general riding position and seat post height.).

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Cheers both. Any advice on size for 5ft8 with 31" inside leg, currently riding a medium Giant Trance?
what year trance?
The trance is a short bike. The older version even more so. Puting you firmly on a medium stylus reach wise.

Personally if I were only 5'8" I wouldn't touch any 27.5 bike with such ridiculously long chainstays. Whether the long rear end paired with a short front centre suits you will depend a lot on your riding style though

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
should be a pretty similar reach to the M Stilus then
The Stilus' chainstays are a whopping 2" longer so it's going to ride quite differently.
(basically it'll be way harder to raise the front end, a little less nippy in the corners when rear wheel weight baised but masses more stable in a straight line and way less likely to pop the front on steeper climbs)
it'll also be bit of a dodgy weight balance the smaller frame size you go but still perfectly rideable.

Last edited:

Craig24

Jul 24, 2020
Wigan
Thanks Gary, would of been good to ride one first ideally. Just seems such a good price for my first EMTB.

I've setup an alert for a medium anyway.

slimsimmons1984

Jun 18, 2020
Bridgend
after all of the fuss, 2 cancellations and a pretty poor customer service, iv'e bought one of these instead.....

1595628616379.png

Last edited:

slimsimmons1984

Jun 18, 2020
Bridgend
One of the best looking bikes with an external battery pack in my view.

Integrated tube batteries look nice, but these semi integrated ones look good too.

i really like the stilus, I just couldn't handle waiting any longer after 3 weeks of messing about, i almost bought a cube stereo whil i was out yesterday :LOL:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles