Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

kriz

Jun 29, 2020
Rochdale, UK
Has anyone managed to get the "Free" firmware update done for less than £25, that's what my local shop is charging. You would think they would try to win you over as a new customer at an acceptable price. That equates to £100 ph labour (15 min job). I cannot bring myself (tight arse) to pay that out of principal. It's a £10 job all day.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Has anyone managed to get the "Free" firmware update done for less than £25, that's what my local shop is charging. You would think they would try to win you over as a new customer at an acceptable price. That equates to £100 ph labour (15 min job). I cannot bring myself (tight arse) to pay that out of principal. It's a £10 job all day.
I'm not far from you and someone said that Evans at the National Cycling Centre will charge £15 but good look trying to get through. has a quote from Cooksons, they want £30 and for it to be left with them for 3/4 to 1hr. Anyone who takes that long to do it obviously hasn't a clue and I'm not paying to be the guinea pig for some one to practice on. Lets keep each other in the loop with this one.

kriz

Jun 29, 2020
Rochdale, UK
NA
I'm not far from you and someone said that Evans at the National Cycling Centre will charge £15 but good look trying to get through. has a quote from Cooksons, they want £30 and for it to be left with them for 3/4 to 1hr. Anyone who takes that long to do it obviously hasn't a clue and I'm not paying to be the guinea pig for some one to practice on. Lets keep each other in the loop with this one.

Prices in my area.
"Cycle Addicts" Rochdale -£25 for update
"Cooksons" Bury -£30 for update

Last edited:

Jamm13dodger

Jul 1, 2020
Burwell, UK
NA

Name and shame
"Cycle Addicts" Rochdale -£25 for update
"Cooksons" Bury -£30 for update

Not sure it should be name and shame - can hardly blame an LBS (who from all reports are run of their feet) from wanting paying to make a change on a bike we all bought from a sports supermarket. Its not an essential change - I'm planning on leaving mine till I get some more important work done and then askign them to do the update - hopefully they will do it cheap as a gesture as they can see I'm going to be a customer for more than just the update.

kriz

Jun 29, 2020
Rochdale, UK
Not sure it should be name and shame - can hardly blame an LBS (who from all reports are run of their feet) from wanting paying to make a change on a bike we all bought from a sports supermarket. Its not an essential change - I'm planning on leaving mine till I get some more important work done and then askign them to do the update - hopefully they will do it cheap as a gesture as they can see I'm going to be a customer for more than just the update.
I agree, felt bad as soon as I posted it, but still £25-£30 is not a fair price for this 10min job. Edited!

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow
Give the store a call, you might find that its there.

I did, and they don't have it. Decathlon is really losing my trust as a company in general, poor guys at the store have to use the same customer support number as we do and they too can't get ahold of them, the tracking number decathlon gives you for click and collect doesn't work, even internally, they have no clue where the bike has been for the past 5 days, all they can do is wait and see.
I was hoping it got delayed because of the weekend but nope, they confirmed they get deliveries from the warehouse every day so...
Been told: "estimated delivery date is the 21st so let's wait until tomorrow and fingers crossed."

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
I paid £30. My other options would have cost more in time/money.
Had a quick chat with myself and said, "suck it up buttercup!"
I now have what I wanted sat in the garage waiting for me to get home ?

jackrussell

May 4, 2020
Chichester
Don't get your hopes up too high for those waiting on delivery dates. My XL was due for collection in store on 21st (tmrw) but I got an email on Friday evening to say it was cancelled and a refund given as was out of stock. On the website now showing as cancelled as well - balls!

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Don't get your hopes up too high for those waiting on delivery dates. My XL was due for collection in store on 21st (tmrw) but I got an email on Friday evening to say it was cancelled and a refund given as was out of stock. On the website now showing as cancelled as well - balls!
Great :( that means my XL on the 29th will get cancelled an all :( so dull

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow
Heard anything back? I’ve emailed and messaged also
Whether I email them or chat I only got a reply 24 to 48 hours later lately... I've given up though, as they've lied to me before, saying stuff was allocated to me and on its way from the warehouse and then they cancelled anyway, saying there's no stock, while the website is showing stock. Sorry if I get you confused, that's how I felt too.
Customer support told me they can't contact the warehouse, nor the shops, so I'm wondering what there here for... And staff in the shops have no visibility over online orders either so not sure where to find help anymore.
Absolute nonsense, all you can do is basically order online and hope it'll get to you somehow. If it does, all good. If id doesn't, up to you to try again, but how many times will you go through this, no-one knows...

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Whether I email them or chat I only got a reply 24 to 48 hours later lately... I've given up though, as they've lied to me before, saying stuff was allocated to me and on its way from the warehouse and then they cancelled anyway, saying there's no stock, while the website is showing stock. Sorry if I get you confused, that's how I felt too.
Customer support told me they can't contact the warehouse, nor the shops, so I'm wondering what there here for... And staff in the shops have no visibility over online orders either so not sure where to find help anymore.
Absolute nonsense, all you can do is basically order online and hope it'll get to you somehow. If it does, all good. If id doesn't, up to you to try again, but how many times will you go through this, no-one knows...
what A shambles.. bet store staff are just selling allocated ones ... or buying them for themselves even! ? Oh dear.. will see if the 29th brings miracles.. if not I’m on the hunt again

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Just a quick one. If you are lucky enough to get one do a thorough bolt check.

The crank arms on Rob's bike came loose on a ride today and a crank fell off, the other was also super loose. Rob said the hanger was also loose. Thankfully we had an 8mm in the bag to do it back up on the trail but quite a few of the bolts on the bike out of the box haven't been torqued or even tightened correctly.

The more I ride this bike, the more I love it. At 6ft2in, the XL fits me perfectly with 800mm bars. I wouldn't say you need to change the stem.

I've had 3 full days on it now (with a backpack so I wasn't sending it) and it just keeps surprising me. If you commit to the upgrades that Rob has done so far you've literally got a bike competing/performing waaaay above its price point. It's just sooo much fun.

I get the argument you shouldn't have to spend anything more, and you don't. You should change the tyres though straight off the bat. But honestly, an extra £1k completely turns this bike on its head. That's still under the price of the Cube at £3999. Many buy a new bike and trick it out. Heck, I dropped another £1.5k on my Levo when I bought it. For around £1k, IMHO you have an £8k performing bike...Weirdly the Guide RE's feel nicer than my CODE R's..I wouldn't be in a rush to change them.

This is honestly so good I am seriously thinking of chopping in my Levo for one. The only thing is it would probably be a straight swap and I love the 700wh battery and the dealer support on the Levo. It does fit a 625Wh battery in the downtube though. Just then to buy that the price starts to shoot up. However, under many many other brands price even then. You would then have 2 batteries at 1125Wh. Tough choice coming..!

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
For around £1k, IMHO you have an £8k performing bike
lol
Yeah, but only because there isn't really an £8k Emtb that performs any better than many £4k Emtbs. ;)
That extra £4k generally buys you a *pointless 12 speed drivetrain, a carbon frame who's weight savings are often negated by the inclusion of a larger internal battery and a few extra damping adjusters that 90% of folk here don't have a clue how to set up. Oh... and maybe a **gimicky electric seatpost or shifter and derailleur.

Even the £11k Sworks Levo SL barely out performs the £6k Carbon SL comp

*Pointless/**gimicky in that it doesn't actually make the bike's performance any better

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
This is honestly so good I am seriously thinking of chopping in my Levo for one.
Do you not think this simply shows that the Levo isn't really the all singing and dancing Jesus bike everyone seems to think it is and in actual fact it's geometry and ride is fairly mediocre?

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Do you not think this simply shows that the Levo isn't really the all singing and dancing Jesus bike everyone seems to think it is and in actual fact it's geometry and ride is fairly mediocre?
What E-bike/s do you have mate ?
I’ve got the Levo SL comp Carbon . Best bike I’ve ever had .. glad I never paid full price for it though beginning of lockdown .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles