Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

slimsimmons1984

Jun 18, 2020
Bridgend
well I've had a complete gutsful of the shower of shite now! cancelation email again today for the second time. bike was clearly in stock as there were 11 at 23:01
customer service has read my messages and ignored them.....im done

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Just a quick one. If you are lucky enough to get one do a thorough bolt check.

The crank arms on Rob's bike came loose on a ride today and a crank fell off, the other was also super loose. Rob said the hanger was also loose. Thankfully we had an 8mm in the bag to do it back up on the trail but quite a few of the bolts on the bike out of the box haven't been torqued or even tightened correctly.

The more I ride this bike, the more I love it. At 6ft2in, the XL fits me perfectly with 800mm bars. I wouldn't say you need to change the stem.

I've had 3 full days on it now (with a backpack so I wasn't sending it) and it just keeps surprising me. If you commit to the upgrades that Rob has done so far you've literally got a bike competing/performing waaaay above its price point. It's just sooo much fun.

I get the argument you shouldn't have to spend anything more, and you don't. You should change the tyres though straight off the bat. But honestly, an extra £1k completely turns this bike on its head. That's still under the price of the Cube at £3999. Many buy a new bike and trick it out. Heck, I dropped another £1.5k on my Levo when I bought it. For around £1k, IMHO you have an £8k performing bike...Weirdly the Guide RE's feel nicer than my CODE R's..I wouldn't be in a rush to change them.

This is honestly so good I am seriously thinking of chopping in my Levo for one. The only thing is it would probably be a straight swap and I love the 700wh battery and the dealer support on the Levo. It does fit a 625Wh battery in the downtube though. Just then to buy that the price starts to shoot up. However, under many many other brands price even then. You would then have 2 batteries at 1125Wh. Tough choice coming..!
Good advice on checking the bolt situation (as we should anyway I suppose). Noticed a small creak around crank area when pedalling on second ride, and yup, left crank arm needed a good swing on the spanner that's for sure. Creak gone.
Check bleed screws on calipers as well, mine were less than finger tight.
Also agree, bike is awesome. Confidence inspiring in loads of ways. Not even doing the upgrades-apart from firmware-yet as it doesn't need it for what I need (so far). The motor has been a gamechanger for me and is keeping me in the saddle through a tough rehab period (allows gradual increase in exertion as needed through the power settings and is keeping HR at least 20 beats down on before)-and that's enough for me to sing its praises to the roof.

OllieH

Jul 20, 2020
Wiltshire
well I've had a complete gutsful of the shower of shite now! cancelation email again today for the second time. bike was clearly in stock as there were 11 at 23:01
customer service has read my messages and ignored them.....im done

Ah man, I feel your pain dude. Its so annoying their order process is like this!

speedoangels

Jul 20, 2020
Bath, UK
Hi all, yet another newbie here. I took collection of my Stilus yesterday. I understand a lot of people are having issues with the ordering process, but mine was smooth from start to finish. The bike even arrived scratch free with everything in the box! Guess I got lucky!

I swapped the tyres straight over for a set of Onza Porcupine's and changed the saddle for a trusty Charge Spoon. Other than that it's standard spec. I took it out for it's first ride this morning.

I ride a lot of XC and also on the road too, but this e-mtb is the best fun I've had in ages on a bike. It was a total blast on my 1 hour loop on the Mendips this morning. It was almost so much fun I felt like I was doing something illegal :LOL:

So hi everyone, nice to meet you all. And for those struggling to get hold of a bike, keep at it as it's totally worth the pain once you actually get out on the thing!

Cheers
Matt

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3664.jpg

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Hi all, yet another newbie here. I took collection of my Stilus yesterday. I understand a lot of people are having issues with the ordering process, but mine was smooth from start to finish. The bike even arrived scratch free with everything in the box! Guess I got lucky!

I swapped the tyres straight over for a set of Onza Porcupine's and changed the saddle for a trusty Charge Spoon. Other than that it's standard spec. I took it out for it's first ride this morning.
I ride a lot of XC and also on the road too, but this e-mtb is the best fun I've had in ages on a bike. It was a total blast on my 1 hour loop on the Mendips this morning. It was almost so much fun I felt like I was doing something illegal :LOL:

So hi everyone, nice to meet you all. And for those struggling to get hold of a bike, keep at it as it's totally worth the pain once you actually get out on the thing!

Cheers
Matt

View attachment 36320

View attachment 36321

Love those tyres on it, if mine turns up I’ll do that ! Enjoy it! Just out of interest when did you order it ?

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
How is everyone who has actually received a bike paying for there's, maybe we can pin point a fault in there ordering system...
Mine was PayPal and home delivery 2 bikes received 1 day early

Last edited:

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales

Cheers
Matt

View attachment 36320

View attachment 36321
Love the tyres! Glad your experience ordering was good, I bet there were a few who, when they read your post, called you a few expletives ?. All in good nature though. It is a lottery but we'll worth it as you said.
Amazing how many posts have the phrase "haven't had this much fun in ages" in them regarding this bike. ?.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
What E-bike/s do you have mate ?
I’ve got the Levo SL comp Carbon . Best bike I’ve ever had .. glad I never paid full price for it though beginning of lockdown .
Vitus Esommet VR (2019) had the 18 before that. Suits me better than pretty much any other Eeb available.
The SL carbon comp is def the one to go for out of all spesh Eebs. Stick 27.5s on and 10- 20mm longer airspring in and you have a superlight playful little Enduro pinner... With a few less horses obvz

Orb

Jul 14, 2020
New Jersey, USA
Hey guys, just took delivery of my Motobecane HAL eBoost Team, which seems pretty similar to the Decathlon Stilus in most respects. Different parts spec, different motor (Shimano e8000). Question for the owners...mine came with this plate just sort of hanging out in the bottom of the battery compartment, I can't really tell what it's for or where it's supposed to go. It conforms to the contour of the battery, but there don't seem to be any clips or anything to attach it to. Any thoughts?

eBoost Plastic Plate.jpg

eBoost Team Undercarriage.jpg

eBoost Team Complete.jpg

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Hey guys, just took delivery of my Motobecane HAL eBoost Team, which seems pretty similar to the Decathlon Stilus in most respects. Different parts spec, different motor (Shimano e8000). Question for the owners...mine came with this plate just sort of hanging out in the bottom of the battery compartment, I can't really tell what it's for or where it's supposed to go. It conforms to the contour of the battery, but there don't seem to be any clips or anything to attach it to. Any thoughts?

View attachment 36349

View attachment 36351

View attachment 36352

How much did that set you back?

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
My local bike shop had this, which looks the same, but lower suspension travel:

Almost £1k more than the Stilus :unsure:
Me thinks we have all happened upon a gem with the Stilus. Proper respect to those who took the initial plunge and have given honest and down to earth reviews/feedback and help and have made the choice/plunge less scary for the ones that follow-me included?.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles