Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

GunplaMad

Aug 1, 2020
Glasgow
Bloody great mate

For the largest sport retailer in Europe they certainly have a backwards way of doing things.

The whole thing feeling like purchasing a car but you can't pre order it but still have this long impatient wait process to deal with ?.

This thread should be turned into a therapy session...

?

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Just in case people are looking for alternative

Screenshot_20200822_180220_com.android.chrome.jpg

samohtr

Jul 24, 2020
St Albans
I just popped in to my local Decathlon. Not one in the country. Not sure how much he knew (not much about stock and supply chain I would guess) but he said December.

GunplaMad

Aug 1, 2020
Glasgow
honestly I think they all just make it up rather than admit they simply have no idea !!

I would agree! I have found some of them to be full of shit... The Bike manager on the other hand is straight up about what is happening but he want on holiday and told the staff to update me. Not one call yet! I called them yesterday and got a lad and could tell he didn't give a shit.

So I'm now resorting to scamming Customer Service now as they have been the least helpful so their getting the same email everyday until I get an answer ??

Stiggy

Aug 9, 2020
Bolton UK
I would agree! I have found some of them to be full of shit... The Bike manager on the other hand is straight up about what is happening but he want on holiday and told the staff to update me. Not one call yet! I called them yesterday and got a lad and could tell he didn't give a shit.

So I'm now resorting to scamming Customer Service now as they have been the least helpful so their getting the same email everyday until I get an answer ??
IMHO the factory is way behind demand and are making promises they can’t keep..

Lordy71

Jul 29, 2020
lancashire
Bottom line is if you want a Stilus you will need to check online every day for availability until you get bored and buy something else! Can any current owner tell me if they signed up for AND ACTUALLY GOT a stock alert email when bikes were available to order?
Hi Yes i did, and got my bike .

GunplaMad

Aug 1, 2020
Glasgow
In the Short time I've had my Cube I used 1 Bar to do 15 Miles and I'm 85kg

That being said it won't be used for awhile now as it's going back for Warranty Issues after being delivered on Friday :mad:

That's a shame! You out out even more money to get it the that happens...

Feel for ya...

scjgreen

Aug 5, 2020
Exeter
Was ordered from Tredz (Owned by Halfords)

Currently dealing with the Executive Assistant of Halfords CEO so let's see how they resolve it

GunplaMad

Aug 1, 2020
Glasgow
Screenshot_2020-08-25-08-26-36-884_com.android.chrome.jpg

A little pissed off this morning to find France is the only country that has had this stock in. Checked all the other European countries and none have had them.

So was all that stock that I was told about the last two weeks just kept for France ?

GunplaMad

Aug 1, 2020
Glasgow
You do realise Decathlon is a French company right?

Yes of course. But if they know there is demand across Europe then do as you promised.

Guess I'll wait a little longer for my unicorn.

Was looking at a Cube but my local dealer said I'd be waiting 6-8 weeks min...

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham
The main problem is this the Stilus was a stop gap that they could sell before their own version was available next year. So Decathlon probably commissioned a company to build X amount for them. They sold it at a very competitive price even more so in the U.K. then COVID happened and the world went mad for any kind of bike. Decathlon I guess are trying to get the company to build more so there could be a whole host of issues with this as Decathlon have to renegotiate a new contract or a limited number of parts to build the bike.

Maz

Aug 24, 2020
Baldock
In the Short time I've had my Cube I used 1 Bar to do 15 Miles and I'm 85kg

That being said it won't be used for awhile now as it's going back for Warranty Issues after being delivered on Friday :mad:

After months of chasing the Unicorn, I gave up last week and ordered a Cube 140 Race 500 2020 model from Leisure Wheels with a 15% Keyworker discount. It's about 30 miles from me, so if there are problems I can take it back easily.

It's being preped now for collection this afternoon. I hope I don't have the same issues as you?

scjgreen

Aug 5, 2020
Exeter
After months of chasing the Unicorn, I gave up last week and ordered a Cube 140 Race 500 2020 model from Leisure Wheels with a 15% Keyworker discount. It's about 30 miles from me, so if there are problems I can take it back easily.

It's being preped now for collection this afternoon. I hope I don't have the same issues as you?

I'm taking mine back to Tredz myself tomorrow. Hopefully should be able to pick it up the same day if it's an easy fix.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles