What did you buy your ebike this week?

Eliadn

Jul 25, 2022
Croatia
As my bike currently doesn't need any new parts othern than some new pedals that I can't afford yet I got a dropper post and a Venec+ for my wifes Cube. It has become my project bike in the last few weeks, beginning with the cockpit that was replaced with an Ergotec Bass 45mm stem, Ritchey 10D Trail rizer, Ergon GA2, new tires, tubeless setup and a spare wheelset that I had in my parts bin (Mavic EN321 on Deore M6000 Hubs, way better than what came stock). So there's that.

Next month will be some Hope F20s for my Focus.
View attachment 117862
Which dropper did you get? How difficult was the fitting?

bilgamesch

Sep 19, 2021
Germany
It is a triple eight pro inside dropper post with 100mm of travel, guess it's made by TranzX.

Fitting took me about 10-15 minutes, so it was an easy job.

valecek

Apr 20, 2023
Slovakia
Epos 3. The best rack ever! BOSAL WAS GOOD,BUT THULE IS THE BEST

20230616_133523.jpg 20230616_133337.jpg 20230616_132717.jpg 20230616_132932.jpg

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
If you like WTB then you could try the Koda

I use the Volt, but she has the Koda and it’s well comfy. Decent price too
I totally agree, I bought the Ergon ebike saddle and used it twice, I didn’t like it at all so I too bought the Koda, sheer bliss, the Ergon is collecting dust in my man cave along with the Whyte saddle my bike came with 😁

Julie_X1

Jan 22, 2023
Canada
I guess I ought to clean mine then :D on top of the screech the brake does that annoying gurgling sound, I guess the rotors are at fault here.
I had the gurgling noise on my Sram Code brakes. I google’d and it’s apparently not uncommon. Called the “turkey gobble”. You don’t have to necessarily do anything about it as it shouldn’t affect performance but my LBS looked into it and got the noise to go away.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Although GoPro Hero 9 Black are on sale at £249 on Amazon (reduced from £429), I bought an Akaso V50X action camera for £100 because I figure that as a first action cam that's a sensible price for me as a starter. Apparently there are two versions with different quality sensors but mine is the version with the poorer sensor. Now got to try it out with an old but functional chest cam holder a son gave me. Be interesting to see what the image stabilisation is like.

Edit: poorer sensor
Apologies for quoting myself, but tried out the Akaso V50X and ...

... it's sh1te. Utter sh1te. So is the Android software.

Will be returned.

So GoPro Hero 9 Black @ £249 it is.

mcboab

Aug 2, 2022
NE UK
Continental Xynotal DH case super soft as a front tyre for the baked dry local trails. It’s now raining! The few runs I did earlier showed promise with lots of Strava PBs on the local trail segments. Previous front a Conti Argotal enduro soft had started to skate across the dry trails corners where they were turning loose as the surface broke up, it will go back on for winter or longer wet weather spells when the trails get sloppy again.

image.jpg

Zed.

Apr 26, 2023
Deepest Bandit country (Wales)
LJxcHPP.jpg

had my order from Trek delivered today, now have the toptube Kiox mount to fit (whenever I feel like it 🙃 )

9mTBvsm.jpg

theres a little fettling to fit but nothing taxing...

bAX3CvO.jpg

compared to the Bosch-supplied 'stem' mount, I'll be keeping that in my bag for an 'incase'🥴

Rich.

Gilbo

Nov 16, 2022
Isle of man
Burgtec bartender grips ,1st time using the grip came recommended and yes great grip.
Kenda Pinner tyres loads of grip in dry weather (not shown them any mud yet) and seem to be wearing well. Roll well and seem to be handling all the rough rocky terrain I’m riding the on.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I totally agree, I bought the Ergon ebike saddle and used it twice, I didn’t like it at all so I too bought the Koda, sheer bliss, the Ergon is collecting dust in my man cave along with the Whyte saddle my bike came with 😁
Interesting ..
I havent as yet pushed the button on the Ergon saddle and your comment is about the only negative one I've come across..
Which model did you buy and more importantly..what didn't you like about it ?

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
i have tried several ergon saddles and they both started creaking where the rails went into the seat. I do want to try out the enduro model but probably won't as i have had much better luck with WTB

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
irie said:
Although GoPro Hero 9 Black are on sale at £249 on Amazon (reduced from £429), I bought an Akaso V50X action camera for £100 because I figure that as a first action cam that's a sensible price for me as a starter. Apparently there are two versions with different quality sensors but mine is the version with the poorer sensor. Now got to try it out with an old but functional chest cam holder a son gave me. Be interesting to see what the image stabilisation is like.

Edit: poorer sensor
Apologies for quoting myself, but tried out the Akaso V50X and ...

... it's sh1te. Utter sh1te. So is the Android software.

Will be returned.

So GoPro Hero 9 Black @ £249 it is.
Price of Akaso V50X on Amazon now reduced from £100 to £85.

Can't imagine why. :ROFLMAO:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
i have tried several ergon saddles and they both started creaking where the rails went into the seat. I do want to try out the enduro model but probably won't as i have had much better luck with WTB
Well ..I've changed my mind about the Ergon ..and have ordered the SDG BEL AIR 3..
I just got to thinking that this saddle has served me well since my first one in 2007 ..I find them comfortable so why change something I'm happy with ?
( I need a new saddle after an arguement with a tree which bent the rails ..the tree won! )

audistwo

Jan 3, 2023
Angus
Got round to putting on my new BOSH smart phone grip.
it doesn't charge with my current phone cover, as it has a metal disk for the car holder.
I'm not that keen on running without one, so I'll need to get a spare.
I've also utilised another phone holder elastic, to make sure the phone doesn't disappear when riding.

And, for a bit of comfort. I purchased a suntour seat post.
Haven't ridden it yet to get the feel.
The wife went out on her new motorbike today, so I have to wait till later to have my fun 😁

20230621_120543.jpg 20230621_120536.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles