What did you buy your ebike this week?

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
My Rockshox reverb AXS arrived today and I’m so looking forward to fitting it.
118B1C65-34D7-4126-BAB9-A6CAE8538909.jpeg

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
Revgrips. I’ve heard wildly varying reports on them. The concept really speaks to me and the only must-upgrade component on my new Tazer MX pro is the grip diameter.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I also use Moore and Wright calipers but plastic analogue ones. If I'm measuring something with a lip I just use a spacer then subtract that from the reading. Have a micrometer somewhere in the garage, but just don't ask me where.
leggit.gif
That is what I would have done, but I happend to have a G type micrometer. They were made in Czechoslovakia, which is a country that doesn't exist anymore. My Dad gave me them, said he won them in a card game before I was born.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
View attachment 101039
Expensive 215mm travel toilet paper holder and @Rob Rides EMTB 200mm take off Boxxer rebuilt to 200mm with charger 2 by J-tech that took forever to receive due to my lazy ass American friends working in the UK.
It’s for a big e-bike but unfortunately the toilet paper holder won’t work so I’ll put it on my V10 and the rebuilt Boxxer on big e-bike. Thanks Rob for the direct mount stem for freeeeeeee.
Pmsl that's an awesome idea

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
View attachment 101101
Installed. I’ll do a review on intend forks. My parking lot review is that the stiction is night and day from any fork I’ve owned. It literally matches perfectly my rear coil where you push and it’s all squish. where as my Ohlins Dh38M1, Fox 40 and Fox and Rockshox ZEB all have many lbs of stiction. Also it’s very simple to rebuild these forks. Will do a riding review later but for Sunday riders who spend their time enjoying scenery Intend forks would take the cake with taking bumps with no stiction compared to the normal RS/FOX

also @Slymobi, this is why you get a toilet paper holder fork! I had to google PMSL but now you have toilet paper always for that drippy drip problem. 😂
Great, next I'm waiting you change the bar/stem combo where all hoses goes through the headset :)

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
I had them and for around town they felt neat and good. After a couple days at a bike park riding 50-70km a day of hardcore shit I took them off and have not seen them since early summer. i had a second set on bars i gave to a friend for use who is a proper DH racer and does backflips and all that. He used them for a couple days too and theyre somewhere in a box. Let me know how you get on with them after some months

That's interesting and useful, because one of the decisions I have to make is the amount of suspension action and friction to keep them under control. At some point, apparently they can be 90% locked. My usage is around the desert and most of the terrain is rocky with a lot of high frequency vibration. I think I will start on the lower action (tighter) and go from there. There's no question that this vibration is hurting my elbows.

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
I'm not always out wide, because that causes shoulder pain. I have a damaged shoulder that doesn't like that. I mostly ride in a more compromised and relaxed position. My area is 50% rattly challenge, and 50% semi-relaxing flats. I'm always fighting which part of my body needs what. I have RA in various joints and past crash damage on stupid dirt bikes (CR500, etc).

What I can say is, short stints on an unsuspended bike make leave my elbows on fire. So I extrapolate that to vibration.

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
Lupine SL SF with Shimano cable, with shipping and tax almost $400. I sure hope it's worth it. And now I need to either buy the programmer, or find a dealer to do it.

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
I

It does! Our bikes might be used on different terrain though given all that stuff hanging off your bars? What's going on there? 🧐

Yeah, we're in very rough desert terrain, with a lot of cross country opportunity, which is a favorite of mine. On the right is a GPS with two-way sattelite. I spend time out of the cell network. Good for emergencies or just check-in. The middle bag is what I bought this week, holds the phone without using a hard mount, since vibration can damage it. The phone may replace the GPS, now that iPhones can do satellite location and SOS.

I assume you know why a duck is an absolute necessity on your bike, and won't delve into that at all.

I got my headlight yesterday, shockingly small and light. Now I need to run the wiring, and get the bike programmed to use it.

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
I

It does! Our bikes might be used on different terrain though given all that stuff hanging off your bars? What's going on there? 🧐

Yeah, we're in very rough desert terrain, with a lot of cross country opportunity, which is a favorite of mine. On the right is a GPS with two-way sattelite. I spend time out of the cell network. Good for emergencies or just check-in. The middle bag is what I bought this week, holds the phone without using a hard mount, since vibration can damage it. The phone may replace the GPS, now that iPhones can do satellite location and SOS.

I assume by your post here, you plan to take it on the bike? Do you have a plan as to how? Considered mounting the controller somewhere? I've got a bike with a tail pack, where I've carried mine (same bird), but the new bike doesn't/won't have that. Not sure on the best options. Backpack is an option, I hate them. When I've wanted to get action video of myself, I don't know what to do with the controller. I suppose one option is to disable RTH, turn off the controller, and put it in a bag. You can't put in in a bag while it's on since the controls get jostled.

Expidia

Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Afer 1,000 miles with the Bosch Smart Phone hub I upgraded to the Bosch Nyon computer. Coming this week.
Nice part of upgrading from the Smart Hub is it's only two wires to connect as it uses the same handle bar remote and the wire to the motor.

For Sale: Bosch Smart Hub (uses your phone). Your Wife/Spouse or other would love this. Integrates with a Bosch motor. Streams most music apps from your phone to your airpods or phones speaker, Has contacts with calling, Weather, Fitness tracking, Navigation and more (is $250 to buy New). Make an offer.

Features see this site: Bosch Smartphone Hub

csm_Bosch-eBike-Nyon-Screen-Tour-eShift-automatic-active-MY2021-EN_e5e5451d40.jpg csm_Bosch-eBike_produkttabelle_big_Nyon-900x665-EN_8bbe898ef2.png Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 1.08.40 PM.png

Last edited:

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand

I assume you know why a duck is an absolute necessity on your bike, and won't delve into that at all.

I got my headlight yesterday, shockingly small and light. Now I need to run the wiring, and get the bike programmed to use it.
Sounds like a great place to ride! Enjoy 😀

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles