Vitus E-Mythique LT Enduro EMTB - Bargain of the year

SBJ

Nov 5, 2023
Cheshire
SBJ, I forgot to say; when / if you use pliers to firmly press the comms cable into the motor, don't squeeze the pliers on the cable or the plastic end as it may cause damage but leave the jaws of the pliers slightly open and just use them to add more force than just your fingers. You should know if it has worked before putting everything back together because your display will switch on; then you can put everything back together. Again, good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion, sadly still nothing. Looks like it is going back in the box and being returned.

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
Every three months you reckon? That's nonsense.
That's how we did it at Cycles Townshend, then when i worked at bikedock and CRC boucher Road belfast around 10 years ago .
I used to do the paperwork for it .

VELOMONT

VELOMONT
Aug 9, 2022
ENGLAND
Thanks for the suggestion, sadly still nothing. Looks like it is going back in the box and being returned.
I'm so sorry you have spent such time on it with no success. If the left hand cover is still off the motor you could pull the battery cable off the motor and use a multi-meter to see if power is going to the motor in case the battery mount is not connecting to the battery properly or alternatively box it up, swear a bit and return it. It must be frustrating. Kind regards Monty

VELOMONT

VELOMONT
Aug 9, 2022
ENGLAND
Thanks Monty. Good to see you back !
Hi Adam,

I hope you are well and everything is good, I know you're a man with multiple eMTBs (assuming you still have the focus and kenevo as well as the vitus). I'm trying to gather some data about batteries. If you get a spare minute when you are bored do you think you could look at this thread below? I would be interested to see some comparison between your bikes.

blacklab14

Oct 16, 2023
Surrey UK
De ja vu
IMG_4877.png

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
Excuse after excuse with them, they seem to be delivering a lot of bikes/e-bikes to the wrong warehouse eh. Really do they think people are so gulliable?

I still think this is a contract/payment dispute between CRC/Wiggle Administrators and the courier.

Anything else would be the courier being complicit with a retailer trying to recall bikes for what end?

I’m sure the retailer would much rather be delivering bikes that people have paid for.

I suppose the courier hasn’t got any other message to put on the tracking, hence the ‘wrong warehouse’ one.

skismith

Aug 6, 2019
Hinckley uk
Reply received today regarding my warranty collection that may shed some light:

“Thanks for your email, I'm afraid we aren't currently in a position to offer a bulky collection as we are now in administration and we are waiting for the new supplier/courier contacts to be drawn up.

I appreciate this isn't ideal but I'm afraid this is the position that we are in.

As this is the case I'm afraid I'm not able to arrange to collect your bike at this time.”

A few mins later, reply from shipping dept with a confirmed collection arranged with Parcel Force.

We will see… good luck to all involved- customers, suppliers and staff alike.

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
I still think this is a contract/payment dispute between CRC/Wiggle Administrators and the courier.

Anything else would be the courier being complicit with a retailer trying to recall bikes for what end?

I’m sure the retailer would much rather be delivering bikes that people have paid for.

I suppose the courier hasn’t got any other message to put on the tracking, hence the ‘wrong warehouse’ one.
Yes I have no doubt about it being a contract issue and can understand from the couriers point of view given the circumstances regarding CRC's administration etc.

I'm now done with the situation, I'll let PayPal deal with it now 👍

blacklab14

Oct 16, 2023
Surrey UK
I was advised that for their failed deliveries they are now using BJS. But yes absolutely I feel CRC we’re let down by ArrowXL, I do have a Credit card dispute in but my preferred solution is to receive my bike. So hopefully it arrives soon so that I can cancel my dispute.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I was advised that for their failed deliveries they are now using BJS. But yes absolutely I feel CRC we’re let down by ArrowXL, I do have a Credit card dispute in but my preferred solution is to receive my bike. So hopefully it arrives soon so that I can cancel my dispute.
Understand that people waiting for paid deliveries feel acutely but you cannot know what's going on in the background. For all we know, Wiggle may owe Arrow a million pounds. In those circumstances what would you expect them to do? Keep in mind, it's Wiggle not Arrow who have gone bust, the onus lies on Wiggle, not their transport supplier.

Last edited:

ZR1

Sep 25, 2020
UK
I think it's unfair to blame arrow, it's crc that has been financially mismanaged.

Arrows could just have prudent policies to stop working for companies in administration

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
I think it's unfair to blame arrow, it's crc that has been financially mismanaged.

Arrows could just have prudent policies to stop working for companies in administration

I don’t think anybody is blaming Arrow, but it’s clear that something is happening between them and the retailer that means they’ve effectively stopped delivering for them at the moment.

And yes, probably something to do with getting paid, so quite understandable.

nickab

Oct 25, 2023
Sussex
View attachment 128471
Fahrrad.de, the German Bikster sells the bike at a ridicilous low price again.
VRS for € 3229 and VRX for € 355

View attachment 128471
Fahrrad.de, the German Bikster sells the bike at a ridicilous low price again.
VRS for € 3229 and VRX for € 3559
CRC have some in stock again but at 25% not 33% off. Maybe that's an option - ask CRC to send them out via another courier and they can sort out the return from Arrow.

Sadly mine is supposedly on its way from Wigan to Enfield...at which point I fully expect Arrow to send it into a black hole again.

I blame both of them to be honest.

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
CRC have some in stock again but at 25% not 33% off. Maybe that's an option - ask CRC to send them out via another courier and they can sort out the return from Arrow.

Sadly mine is supposedly on its way from Wigan to Enfield...at which point I fully expect Arrow to send it into a black hole again.

I blame both of them to be honest.
I'm hoping I get a Guinness world record for having the longest consignment list for one item :)

What has annoyed me more than anything was the fact CRC didn't even send out any emails to all affected customers from the start, they left us in limbo, customers chasing up both CRC and arrowxl live chat, to then be led on a wild goose chase. There was nothing stopping them from the outset stating there were problems with the courier regarding the administration situation. We are adults, not kids, communicate with us, keep us straight, and be open and honest with us, not too much to ask it would seem.

Last edited:

IcePaws

Sep 7, 2023
UK
well i'm still trying to get my refund from CRC after being passed from pillar to post and never having the bike turn up after ordering on the 19th October.
I requested the bike (that never appeared) be returned to CRC and I be refunded. this was on 30th October. CRXC reckon they still haven't got an update as to when the bike will be returned to them, therefore not able to refund me.

....in other news, the Levo Comp Alloy I ordered from Evans Cycles on Friday is now waiting for me at home! :)

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
well i'm still trying to get my refund from CRC after being passed from pillar to post and never having the bike turn up after ordering on the 19th October.
I requested the bike (that never appeared) be returned to CRC and I be refunded. this was on 30th October. CRXC reckon they still haven't got an update as to when the bike will be returned to them, therefore not able to refund me.

....in other news, the Levo Comp Alloy I ordered from Evans Cycles on Friday is now waiting for me at home! :)
I really hope you enjoy your new Levo :)

VELOMONT

VELOMONT
Aug 9, 2022
ENGLAND
We think Vitus owners and people who wish to buy them may be okay in the long run.

We received a piece of correspondence from Accell Group this morning (own Raleigh, Haibike, Lapierre, XLC, Sparta etc.) stating they have submitted a proposal to close their parts and accessories business in the UK.

Now, Signa Sports own Wiggle, Chain Reaction etc. who in turn own Vitus. We are definitely adding 2 plus 2 and getting 5 but … if Accell no longer sell parts and Signa Sports' receivers are desperate for someone to buy Wiggle CRC who do sell parts, both B2B and more importantly B2C, from administration it would make perfect sense for Accell Group to purchase Wiggle CRC (and therefore buy Vitus) from administration and obviously ‘come to an agreement’ on the value of current stock.

In the meantime the receiver has to sell current stock quickly to pay staff wages, of which there are lots. So we are probably wrong but would suggest buying all ‘reduce priced’ stuff you need while they are in admin because once everything comes out of the washing machine there will be a large reduction in suppliers which means higher prices for everyone like we are currently seeing with domestic energy.

As I say, we are probably wrong; just adding 2 plus 2 and getting 5, or possibly 9.

Last edited:

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
Locals here in northern Ireland are getting letters from CRC stating delivery time may double due to the amount of orders and time to build the bikes . Offering quicker delivery time if you build yoursr
We think Vitus owners and people who wish to buy them may be okay in the long run.

We received a piece of correspondence from Accell Group this morning (own Raleigh, Haibike, Lapierre, XLC, Sparta etc.) stating they have submitted a proposal to close their parts and accessories business in the UK.

Now, Signa Sports own Wiggle, Chain Reaction etc. who in turn own Vitus. We are definitely adding 2 plus 2 and getting 5 but … if Accell no longer sell parts and Signa Sports' receivers are desperate for someone to buy Wiggle CRC who do sell parts, both B2B and more importantly B2C, from administration it would make perfect sense for Accell Group to purchase Wiggle CRC (and therefore buy Vitus) from administration and obviously ‘come to an agreement’ on the value of current stock.

In the meantime the receiver has to sell current stock quickly to pay staff wages, of which there are lots. So we are probably wrong but would suggest buying all ‘reduce priced’ stuff you need while they are in admin because once everything comes out of the washing machine there will be a large reduction in suppliers which means higher prices for everyone like we are currently seeing with domestic energy.

As I say, we are probably wrong; just adding 2 plus 2 and getting 5, or possibly 9.
The owner of Sports Direct and Evans Cycles Michael Ashley is a interested party in CRC/Wiggle , he owns the Fraser group.

VELOMONT

VELOMONT
Aug 9, 2022
ENGLAND
Locals here in northern Ireland are getting letters from CRC stating delivery time may double due to the amount of orders and time to build the bikes . Offering quicker delivery time if you build yoursr

The owner of Sports Direct and Evans Cycles Michael Ashley is a interested party in CRC/Wiggle , he owns the Fraser group.
Build the bikes?! (Wrong continent). I would love to know more about this please. Is it possible someone could share one of these letters?

Someone will definitely buy them, it's too good an opportunity for consolidation to be missed.

IcePaws

Sep 7, 2023
UK
I’ve just had the below email after 3 weeks of chasing:

Hello,

This is confirmation that we are processing your returns package.

Vitus E-Mythique LT 297 VRX Mountain Bike
Quantity: 1
Refund Total: £3,079.99
Please allow up to 10 calendar days for your refund to be processed in line with the returns policy.

Yours
The Chain Reaction Customer Service Team

May be getting somewhere….!

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
I’ve just had the below email after 3 weeks of chasing:

Hello,

This is confirmation that we are processing your returns package.

Vitus E-Mythique LT 297 VRX Mountain Bike
Quantity: 1
Refund Total: £3,079.99

Please allow up to 10 calendar days for your refund to be processed in line with the returns policy.

Yours
The Chain Reaction Customer Service Team

May be getting somewhere….!
It's a shame this has happened to you, however, at least you are getting a refund and have a new Levo to look forward to.

VELOMONT

VELOMONT
Aug 9, 2022
ENGLAND
Thank you! Presumably it's just a case of putting wheels and handlebars on and not a box full of nuts, bolts, battery and wires. ;)

skismith

Aug 6, 2019
Hinckley uk
The bike arrived and only needed minimal assembly, front wheel & bars fitted to stem .
Obviously you will need to check tighten all bolts & ensure the brakes are working effectively.
Having said this our bike was assembled correctly & was safe to ride out of the box.

EDIT: however, this was pre the issues at CRC, so not sure why they did to get it to this point that they now are proposing not to do.

Last edited:

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
Thank you! Presumably it's just a case of putting wheels and handlebars on and not a box full of nuts, bolts, battery and wires. ;)
No , its a full build including routing brake hoses internally and gears+dropper post cables.
You'd need a good workstand and extensive tool kit .

VELOMONT

VELOMONT
Aug 9, 2022
ENGLAND
No , its a full build including routing brake hoses internally and gears+dropper post cables.
You'd need a good workstand and extensive tool kit .
OMG, that was unexpected; I'm a little surprised they can do it. We definitely couldn't do that, it would void our CE accreditation. We have to document every build from start to finish to comply with EU directives and ISO4210-2.

nickab

Oct 25, 2023
Sussex
Well, I just had another update from ArrowXL. I had a potential booking for tomorrow (although I wasn't trusting that anyway), but now have a text from ArrowXL saying they can't deliver because the item is damaged...

So one way or another the item will get back to CRC and not me, at which point I will opt for a refund (unless my CC company gets there first).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles