Vitus E-Mythique LT Enduro EMTB - Bargain of the year

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
One on facebook just turned up ! With a weird return sticker on the box.

So it looks like Arrowxl did return them and either CRC has used a different courier or Arrow eventually did deliver them

1698841919227.png

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
One on facebook just turned up ! With a weird return sticker on the box.

So it looks like Arrowxl did return them and either CRC has used a different courier or Arrow eventually did deliver them

View attachment 128089
Thanks for this, I hope those who didn't escalate their orders to the payment providers especially for bikes/e-bikes do indeed get their orders.

I have to wait until the 6th of November until CRC respond to PayPal to find out the outcome.

nickab

Oct 25, 2023
Sussex
I escalated my order to my CC company but CRC/ArrowXL still want to deliver....if it arrives should i accept it? :)

I got an update from ArrowXL today (I chatted to them) and they said CRC did re-send the bike yesterday, but ArrowXL sent it back to them (again).

This is happening because on ArrowXL's internal systems my order is marked as "cancelled". Sigh - they obviously have poor communication going on with CRC and within their own company.

I would suspect if your order was never cancelled by CRC in the first place, then there's still hope it will arrive.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
A Ragley Marley that I ordered for my boy at the start of last week got sent with Parcelforce a couple of days ago and is due for delivery today, got my fingers crossed

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
Parcelforce delivered the frame I ordered from Wiggle last week this morning, so all good. 👍

I ordered a bottom bracket on Tuesday as well, and that arrived yesterday via Evri.

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
Doesn't look good

Even during administration you'd think they would prioritise keeping couriers happy as they're pretty important for an online shop
Couriers usually bill 1 a month or even 1/4 of the year .
So they do the deliveries but don't get paid till the agreed payment time .

With CRC/Wiggle going into administration couriers will be one of the last to be paid if at all .
Guess this is what is going on in this situation.

Don't be ordering from crc/wiggle .

Samii

Oct 30, 2023
Scottish Highlands
Still waiting for mine after ordering it on the 17th October...been pissed about and fobbed off every step of the way....spent £3.5k and four failed deliveries...absolutely pathetic, no wonder they are in trouble!!!

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
Still waiting for mine after ordering it on the 17th October...been pissed about and fobbed off every step of the way....spent £3.5k and four failed deliveries...absolutely pathetic, no wonder they are in trouble!!!
In fairness, wiggle and CRC aren’t in trouble because the appointed couriers have failed to deliver some e-bikes, previous to their parent company’s problems they had zero issues getting orders out to customers.

They’re still taking and delivering orders as normal, I think you’ve just been caught up in the uncertainty that has arisen between wiggle/CRC and one or more of its couriers, the latter stopping work until they know they’ll be paid.

Bad timing, frustrating and not your fault, but at least you’ll get a bike or your refund, and won’t be worrying about whether you have a job with Christmas looming.

blacklab14

Oct 16, 2023
Surrey UK
I know we’ve been through this multiple times already. But used Arrow XL we chat and supposedly rebooked delivery for Tuesday. But will keep you updated. in the meantime I have already opened a dispute with my credit card company, so not liable for any costs until I have accepted delivery. The 30% 30 day trials T&Cs stated this starts once you have received delivery of your bike.

Worth screenshotting these T&Cs for evidence with CC or PayPal if you do end up returning your bike, whether because unhappy or whether you don’t want the uncertainty of warranty etc based on the current climate.

However hopefully if we accept our bikes and keep CRC in money, we give them more of a chance of survival!

nickab

Oct 25, 2023
Sussex
I've got an open dispute with my CC company too.
My ArrowXL status is a joke and now scheduled for Jan 1st 2024 ... I guess they are waiting for the bike to enter one of their depots (most likely the wrong one) at which point I bet it will get sent back to CRC and we'll start again 😁

SBJ

Nov 5, 2023
Cheshire
I am one of the lucky ones to receive there order, sadly the bike failed to power up after its first week of use and has not done so since.

I have contacted CRC and the only resolution they can give me is send it back for a refund, they will not look into a warranty repair or allow my local shop to inspect.

If anyone has one of these bikes on order I would suggest to cancel it as they are cheap but cheap for a reason.

It is gutting as this is my 5th Vitus and I have never had a problem with them.

Samii

Oct 30, 2023
Scottish Highlands
I've got an open dispute with my CC company too.
My ArrowXL status is a joke and now scheduled for Jan 1st 2024 ... I guess they are waiting for the bike to enter one of their depots (most likely the wrong one) at which point I bet it will get sent back to CRC and we'll start again 😁
I'm in the Scottish Highlands, my bike has landed at three different depots to get here, it was at the Inverness depot on the 25th October awaiting delivery, they were told by their head office not to deliver any orders for Wiggle or Chain Reaction....it was cancelled by Chain Reaction and was sent back to them on the 27th October...now no one has it!! I bought the bike direct, not on the 30 day trial period....I am still being told it will be delivered, that was yesterday, although the tracking info says it has been cancelled....Chain Reaction are now saying they are getting it delivered by a different courier company, even though they don't know where it is!! other people have received their bikes within 4-5 days of ordering, they placed their orders 2 weeks after I placed mine....so I have no idea what is going on....

Samii

Oct 30, 2023
Scottish Highlands
I am one of the lucky ones to receive there order, sadly the bike failed to power up after its first week of use and has not done so since.

I have contacted CRC and the only resolution they can give me is send it back for a refund, they will not look into a warranty repair or allow my local shop to inspect.

If anyone has one of these bikes on order I would suggest to cancel it as they are cheap but cheap for a reason.

It is gutting as this is my 5th Vitus and I have never had a problem with them.
Oh no that's even worse!!! I had a budget of £5k, the bike was £3.5k which was a bargain fior the specs...glad I got a refund from my credit card company now....I'm now going to a bike shop to buy a bike, pay for it and take it home the same day....

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
If you take the battery out and press the button on the end does the light illuminate and if so, what colour ?

I think so far, bikes which haven't powered back up have had water ingress problems. It might be that some bikes don't have the connections at the display end or the motor end fully inserted so water can get in (only guessing).

On person changed their controller switch and it worked again, but this could just have been the time between sitting, the original not plugged in correctly or again, water ingress and it had dried out in the meantime.

SBJ

Nov 5, 2023
Cheshire
If you take the battery out and press the button on the end does the light illuminate and if so, what colour ?

I think so far, bikes which haven't powered back up have had water ingress problems. It might be that some bikes don't have the connections at the display end or the motor end fully inserted so water can get in (only guessing).

On person changed their controller switch and it worked again, but this could just have been the time between sitting, the original not plugged in correctly or again, water ingress and it had dried out in the meantime.
Battery lights up blue when pressing the button

I have asked for a replacement screen to be sent out but no joy, CRC have no stock and they can be purchased direct from china but delivery will take the bike out of the 30 days.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Battery lights up blue when pressing the button

I have asked for a replacement screen to be sent out but no joy, CRC have no stock and they can be purchased direct from china but delivery will take the bike out of the 30 days.
The battery is charged- or at least over 66%.

You can emulate the power on button by using an electrical screwdriver or something to short the two pins nearest the CE mark/centre of the display unit. I tried every other combination before I got there and it doesn't seem to have fecked anything up :) You have to hold it for a few seconds like you would with the power button.

This is easiest with the display removed !! (2.5mm hex), but still connected to the bike with the other cable.

1699193411357.png

SBJ

Nov 5, 2023
Cheshire

You can emulate the power on button by using an electrical screwdriver or something to short the two pins nearest the CE mark/centre of the display unit. I tried every other combination before I got there and it doesn't seem to have fecked anything up :) You have to hold it for a few seconds like you would with the power button.

This is easiest with the display removed !! (2.5mm hex), but still connected to the bike with the other cable.

View attachment 128341

Great shout, I shall give that a go later

SBJ

Nov 5, 2023
Cheshire

View attachment 128341
Still no life in the screen 👎🏻

View attachment 128341
still no life, is there any way of bypassing the screen to check the motor powers up?

It does seem like a switch/screen problem as the battery is sending power to the motor

VELOMONT

VELOMONT
Aug 9, 2022
ENGLAND

still no life, is there any way of bypassing the screen to check the motor powers up?

It does seem like a switch/screen problem as the battery is sending power to the motor
May we offer just the smallest piece of advice as we have used the M510 since it was launched and the M500 before it?

As long as both cables are firmly inserted into the back of the display screen, the next thing we would check would be the other end of the comms cable that plugs into the screen (the end which plugs into the motor).

If you remove the left pedal arm and then the plastic cover from the left side of the motor (three v small torx bolts) you will see two comms cables plugging into the motor (plus the battery cable). Try making sure the left comms cable is correctly pushed in. It is an incredibly tight fit to push it in securely and could easily have not been done effectively during the initial build.

We use a special tool to insert the cable but you could try to lubricate the plastic end of the cable with a tiny amount of liquid hand-wash (being careful not to make pins wet) and then push the cable in CAREFULLY using pliers to get enough force behind it but not damaging the cable. I am attaching a diagram showing the cable to check. Good luck!

Bafang Diagram.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

Damn. Well, worth a try and we all learnt something new :)

I think there is a way to power on the system with two of the battery connections, but I don't know which two. I guess you'd have to remove the bottom mount and attach a couple of wires temporarily, but until we know more ......... it's risky !

@patdam do you know if you can use two of the connections off the bafang battery mount to act as a power on button ?

The cables are all on the none drive side :

So you could drop the crank and remove the cover to check them all. I think no.6 is stuffed up the seat tube though. I wonder if this is where people get problems ? Maybe if the dropper is adjusted it might pressure the cables.

VELOMONT

VELOMONT
Aug 9, 2022
ENGLAND
I was actually here for purely selfish reasons; I posted a question about battery life. I want to get some real-life feedback on battery sizes and thought there is probably no better place than here. I hope you're keeping well!

VELOMONT

VELOMONT
Aug 9, 2022
ENGLAND
SBJ, I forgot to say; when / if you use pliers to firmly press the comms cable into the motor, don't squeeze the pliers on the cable or the plastic end as it may cause damage but leave the jaws of the pliers slightly open and just use them to add more force than just your fingers. You should know if it has worked before putting everything back together because your display will switch on; then you can put everything back together. Again, good luck!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles