Levo Gen 2 Turbo Levo 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citylad77

Mar 13, 2021
Midlands
Yes and the more idiots there are who blindly pay it the more they will keep putting the price up.

Thing is a Porsche comes with the driving ability the handling and the performance and the brand value to justify it.

Mountain bikes are hard to tell the difference between brands and the motors and batteries are all similar now too. The build quality sucks and its all far Eastern junk of poor quality and reliability.

This ain't no Swiss Time piece or German engineering or British racing heritage. This is mass produced low cost unreliable heavily marketed and replaced yearly which is not a good recipe for high pricing.

Both bike shops and brands need to buy and sell volume and only 12 months ago you could get 40% off an end of season bike. That was before these insane increases.

The winding down of the pandemic and opening up of holidays and other suppressed markets will suck the life right out of this bike bubble and all the money flowing in to it. The stock will go unsold and the market will be flooded and pricing will crash.

The reality check is that mountain biking is a 6/10 fun sport at the best of times. It's not that accessible with limited trail centers and transporting them is a hassle and has a high injury rate. Combine that with what was already a high cost to entry and your market place wasn't that big. This new pricing will make it even smaller.

You only have to look at the small number of subscribers on YouTube channels dedicated to this stuff. It's niche at best even in the pandemic.

The brands are basically crapping on loyal customers in order to exploit new transient customers who will be bored within 3 to 6 months and put their bikes on the market. I'm seeing it already on Facebook.

That is a problem on the horizon for brands who don't seem to look further than 12 months in to the future.
Not sure I agree with this. I am 62 next month been riding bikes just after I could walk. My last MTB before the E S works was back in 03 Marin mount vision Pro, like before I bought my first S Works I tried lots of other bikes back then, for me the Marin felt the best, cost back in 03 was 4K Gbp, kept it 16 years. Like before I bought my first S Works I tried the other high end EMTBs for me as an overall package including support the S Works came out tops, the price is what it is. Ok my bikes have had a few snags but they get sorted while I wait even over lockdown. I have friends that have other high end EMTBs that have had to wait weeks just to get problems authorised .Yes the high end S Works are expensive but like with everything the best comes at a price.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Yes and the more idiots there are who blindly pay it the more they will keep putting the price up.

Thing is a Porsche comes with the driving ability the handling and the performance and the brand value to justify it.

Mountain bikes are hard to tell the difference between brands and the motors and batteries are all similar now too. The build quality sucks and its all far Eastern junk of poor quality and reliability.

This ain't no Swiss Time piece or German engineering or British racing heritage. This is mass produced low cost unreliable heavily marketed and replaced yearly which is not a good recipe for high pricing.

Both bike shops and brands need to buy and sell volume and only 12 months ago you could get 40% off an end of season bike. That was before these insane increases.

The winding down of the pandemic and opening up of holidays and other suppressed markets will suck the life right out of this bike bubble and all the money flowing in to it. The stock will go unsold and the market will be flooded and pricing will crash.

The reality check is that mountain biking is a 6/10 fun sport at the best of times. It's not that accessible with limited trail centers and transporting them is a hassle and has a high injury rate. Combine that with what was already a high cost to entry and your market place wasn't that big. This new pricing will make it even smaller.

You only have to look at the small number of subscribers on YouTube channels dedicated to this stuff. It's niche at best even in the pandemic.

The brands are basically crapping on loyal customers in order to exploit new transient customers who will be bored within 3 to 6 months and put their bikes on the market. I'm seeing it already on Facebook.

That is a problem on the horizon for brands who don't seem to look further than 12 months in to the future.
Bloody hell mate what a mood hoover you are!

Personally I get more fun riding the eeb than pretty much any other consumer product ever. It creates great experiences, fulfilling memories and I’ve met hundreds of absolute legends through ebiking.

Expensive, yes, but everyone is free to choose whatever they want and there are the Decathlon Stilus’ or S-Works - both provide the above experiences. Some do it better than others.

Just chill a bit with the constant negativity maybe?

Woody2

Jul 29, 2020
New Zealand
Not what I was told, but I hope you’re right! We’ll soon find out.
What was your 2021 price in Oz? In NZ for example the 2021 price was approx 23k NZ$, I heard through my insurance company that the new price was around 24k NZ$ for the 2022. In Oz with exchange rate I think you would be a little less but with Covid who knows. Stock arriving before the end of March according to the LBS - after talking to them today.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It feels like we're all waiting in an airport to go somewhere really special ... with 1 day 6 hours 40 minutes to go ....

We all know (hope...) it will happen then, it's exciting .. Maybe we want to see some pictures of where were going .. maybe we don't ? Is it more exciting to wait ? Sometimes waiting is better ? Do we really want to suffer from Premature E-jubilation ??? :eek:

Weirdly, one person is sitting with us who has no intention of getting on the plane. Doesn't like the destination, thinks we've all paid too much and personally, he prefers a weekend at Pontins (Which I'm sure is lovely) - which for some reason he's tied into going to for the next 10 years even though he's previously advised everyone not to use bike shops. Not only that, but he doesn't actually enjoy it anyway ? (6/10 - tell your other half that the meal they just cooked you was a 6/10 and I think you'd get a slap around the head).

Anyway, the freezing fog has lifted so as no ones sent me my dozen eggs, I'm off to take @Citylad77's Immaculate box fresh 22 S-Works out for a good thrash round some deserted trails ! :eek::ROFLMAO:

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
It feels like we're all waiting in an airport to go somewhere really special ... with 1 day 6 hours 40 minutes to go ....

We all know (hope...) it will happen then, it's exciting .. Maybe we want to see some pictures of where were going .. maybe we don't ? Is it more exciting to wait ? Sometimes waiting is better ? Do we really want to suffer from Premature E-jubilation ??? :eek:

I skipped the lounge and am at the gate - I'm the one whos trying to take the ebike on as hand luggage, come and say hello ?

Austin Thomas

Mar 17, 2021
UK

Weirdly, one person is sitting with us who has no intention of getting on the plane. Doesn't like the destination, thinks we've all paid too much and personally, he prefers a weekend at Pontins (Which I'm sure is lovely) - which for some reason he's tied into going to for the next 10 years even though he's previously advised everyone not to use bike shops. Not only that, but he doesn't actually enjoy it anyway ? (6/10 - tell your other half that the meal they just cooked you was a 6/10 and I think you'd get a slap around the head).

Anyway, the freezing fog has lifted so as no ones sent me my dozen eggs, I'm off to take @Citylad77's Immaculate box fresh 22 S-Works out for a good thrash round some deserted trails ! :eek::ROFLMAO:
Be fair to @Citylad77 At least put the paint protection on before you hit the trails. Have a heart buddy...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Be fair to @Citylad77 At least put the paint protection on before you hit the trails. Have a heart buddy...
It's too late :D

IMG_20210322_111727.jpg

Frirish

Aug 19, 2020
Carlow, Ireland
I think the TCU Picture is widely spread around enough now that we can probably get away with sharing it ??!?! I doubt it's breaking any embargo's once it's pretty easy to find elsewhere. Maybe with some minor mods so it doesn't pop up on back searches ? :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 56223
Haven't seen it no ... I ll wait a few days I guess, but I am only curious to know if it's the same fitting as the current one and will it be sold in aftermarket if it so ? (i do like tech thing ;) )

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It's ok .. I tried to go a bit too fast and there was some minor rock and tree scrubbing, but don't worry, I mainly used my elbows for that .. @Citylad77 might want to change the grips though, the left one has a slight rock scuff, your bars are clearly 20mm too wide. The good news is I fixed your brakes. One was a bit squeaky at the start, but by the third run all was nice and quiet.

Not sure about the new TCU. Couldn't find "Dark Mode". I'm much more old school and prefer the no display I think ..

That said, if I stick a phone on the bars, I like it simple - something which still runs mandroid.

mandroid.jpg

_Martin_

Oct 31, 2019
Stuttgart, Germany
It's ok .. I tried to go a bit too fast and there was some minor rock and tree scrubbing, but don't worry, I mainly used my elbows for that .. @Citylad77 might want to change the grips though, the left one has a slight rock scuff, your bars are clearly 20mm too wide. The good news is I fixed your brakes. One was a bit squeaky at the start, but by the third run all was nice and quiet.

Not sure about the new TCU. Couldn't find "Dark Mode". I'm much more old school and prefer the no display I think ..

That said, if I stick a phone on the bars, I like it simple - something which still runs mandroid.

View attachment 56356
Well, it still looks more modern than the Bosch remotes :D

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Somebody should start a “new bike pricing” thread where you all can piss off somewhere else. Thread started off with details of the new levo and now is just bike memes.
I think we're kind of at the point where we've all accepted we just have to wait now 24 hours 45 minutes ...

So might as well keep it amusing in the meantime .. I think everyone here is intelligent enough to work out what is and isn't real ..

Citylad77

Mar 13, 2021
Midlands
I think we're kind of at the point where we've all accepted we just have to wait now 24 hours 45 minutes ...

So might as well keep it amusing in the meantime .. I think everyone here is intelligent enough to work out what is and isn't real ..
I thought that might be my bike above as it was blue. But it’s not.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I thought that might be my bike above as it was blue. But it’s not.
No, don't worry .. That's Rob's DIY Dengfu E10 Carbon Bafang M500 Purple beasty. £4,000 to build but expected to be offered for sale later this year for £8,000 with some significant upgrades and R-WORKS branding.

Yours is safely tucked away in it's box again until the ingredients arrive for my bikenappers Omelette. :unsure: ;)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey

View attachment 56356
I still have one of those in box somewhere

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
... Aus just getting Pro and Sworks seemingly, Pro to be around $18k.
True. Here in the US - limited Sworks and Pro; wait for few months for the Expert.
Curtis K just posted
Could this be the white/silver Sworks?
Does the headset look like it’s adjustable?
Axs groupset is correct
maguras View attachment 56373
Yes - Sworks - two tone - white/black; adjustable headset and chainstay; yup axs groupset; and magura brakes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles