TQFreak's Dengfu E55 Build Thread

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
Looking to sell my E55 frame(size L, Matt black). I bought the frame for a project I had in mind but as time went on I have dropped the idea and hope that someone might find this interesting. The frame comes with a headset, spare bashguard, rear axle, battery box and a few other small bits. Frame located in Estonia and willing to ship across Europe. I also have fox dpx2 230x60 in case someone's interested. Willing to make a good deal for the whole bundle. If interested please DM

IMG_20240309_112116.jpg IMG_20240309_113548.jpg

Ksem07

Mar 2, 2024
Belgium
Looking to sell my E55 frame(size L, Matt black). I bought the frame for a project I had in mind but as time went on I have dropped the idea and hope that someone might find this interesting. The frame comes with a headset, spare bashguard, rear axle, battery box and a few other small bits. Frame located in Estonia and willing to ship across Europe. I also have fox dpx2 230x60 in case someone's interested. Willing to make a good deal for the whole bundle. If interested please DM

View attachment 135990 View attachment 135991
I would've bought it right away from you, unfortunately i already ordered 2 weeks ago. :(

TQFreak

Dec 2, 2022
USA
It looks about right. It looks like they changed the headset design and split the top part on two parts.

powerup

Jun 13, 2023
England
It looks about right. It looks like they changed the headset design and split the top part on two parts.
I genuinely didn't know the way it went together until I fitted it to the fork. Once I assembled it it was immediately obvious.
Have you done much more with your E55? I think the last time we spoke on FB I had just started my E56. I am not sure why the E55/E56 platform isn't more popular tbh, it's got so much internal volume to create all of the ebike premium mods and features. Dengfu should add an extra £200 to the price and include a 3D printer and soldering iron with it, that way people could create any accessory or mod they want 😁.

powerup

Jun 13, 2023
England
Great news! Innotrace software was completely bypassed and now you can setup you motor up to crazy 3500W power and 100A current.

Now you can squeeze all the juices out of you Bafang m620

Have you tested this? I have a suspicion it might not be a good idea. I am genuinely interested to see what happens. With the upgraded controller it may deal with temperature monitoring and rollback much better than the stock controller. What does it do as the temperature increases? I wouldn't even attempt to run that type of current on the stock controller because I have seen pics of enamel melted with far less. How does someone manage to destroy the windings on 60ADC with the stock controller..? Maybe it was someone with zero mechanical sympathy. I wonder if the stock controller even pays attention. Or maybe those people just had a faulty sensor but then you would have thought the controller would throw a code. I have seen some people go WOT at 0rpm in a high gear on steep inclines, maybe with tuning and some common sense you could do 100A 🤷‍♂️. It's really odd that nobody tunes ebikes based around phase resistance. I can understand why stock ebikes wouldn't bother but the enthusiasts seem to just want "more amps". If I made a controller I would insist that something like constant temperature or phase resistance was part of the logic. I am not sure if that's the right term (I don't code). Temperature is SO important because it directly impacts every part of how a battery and motor behaves. You wouldn't ignore ohms law? The consumer grade ebikes are at least 6 years behind every other ehobby. When I heard innotrace was VESC based I was immediately interested but it seems whoever managed the project buggered it. There is a ridiculous amount of innovation in VESC, I wish someone else would bring VESC back to ebikes but this time in its natural form like clean Android and managed properly. If someone did this they could even sell it in a detuned consumer ready "Bosch" like package by simply adding a different interface over the top. Let's all say "I ❤️ VESC" and maybe someone will make it 😇. Luna cottoned on a while ago but limited it to their "open source" bikes only, nice! 🤣 Like I said, someone with good spirt should have another attempt at it, this time keep VESC paid and actively involved.

TQFreak

Dec 2, 2022
USA
I have not tested it. I run it at 3000W. But there are people who run it at 3500W. I do not know if they had any issues running it at 3500W.

powerup

Jun 13, 2023
England
I have not tested it. I run it at 3000W. But there are people who run it at 3500W. I do not know if they had any issues running it at 3500W.
Do you monitor temperatures? Have you ever managed to get the controller to limit the power? If you have how did it do it?

thelostjs

Jul 1, 2022
tn usa
Do you monitor temperatures? Have you ever managed to get the controller to limit the power? If you have how did it do it?
mr powerup can you please give some advice on a uart controller mod on the m620? wanting a bit more out of my 52v 30amp uart motor. i wondered what would happen if i try to flash the firmware from a 48v unit?

TQFreak

Dec 2, 2022
USA
I do not monitor the temperature. I touched the motor after a half of an hour of riding at maximum speed and it feels quite hot. As far as I know the Innotrace X1 controller monitors the temperature and it limits the power when the motor is too hot. That 3000W power the controller delivers is not 100% duty time. If I pedal it at maximum power it reduces the power in a minute or so for cooling down and it brings the full power back after some time.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles