Status
Not open for further replies.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I uploaded my ride to strava yesterday and only the first quarter of the ride shows up. The Blevo ride data shows all of the ride stats while the ride map shows only the first quarter that shows in Strava.
I think there is some issue with the gps when the phone goes in standby mode..
I need to check..
Sorry..

Bhargis

Jan 22, 2019
Paris Texas
I've never had that problem before now using the same iPhone 8. I clicked to upload to strava before the ride was finished and it gave me a file error message. I then stopped the ride and uploaded to strava. Could that be my problem?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I've never had that problem before now using the same iPhone 8. I clicked to upload to strava before the ride was finished and it gave me a file error message. I then stopped the ride and uploaded to strava. Could that be my problem?
In the next version I enabled the upload button only when the ride is ended..
But the main issue is the not complete ride recorded.. I have to check..

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M

May I ask you a question? You mentioned "I've never had that problem before now using the same iPhone 8.". The Strava BLEvo IOS upload option only exist since two days. Do you mean you didn't have any problem when recording a ride with the official Strava app on the same iPhone 8? Or didn't you have issues when uploading the TCX file to Strava generated by BLEvo via the Strava website? (previous BLEvo IOS method to share captured data to Strava)

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
@PaoloBLEvo - hi, I still have problems with BLevo on my Blackview phone. First, the GPS dot keeps flashing red all the time in BLevo - its not finding any gps signal. On the BV phone, maps sort of works, though the gps update is very slow. Phone fault, or some setup issue? GPS is turned on and BLevo does have access to it.

Still having the maps download problem - gpx file loads in, but when I thick the box and it says tiles to download, when I select that it gives dialogue box saying downloading 1,10, 20.... then says xxx download, xxx errors, and there are no maps available. Tried the different forms of topo map too.

Any ideas?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
@PaoloBLEvo - hi, I still have problems with BLevo on my Blackview phone. First, the GPS dot keeps flashing red all the time in BLevo - its not finding any gps signal. On the BV phone, maps sort of works, though the gps update is very slow. Phone fault, or some setup issue? GPS is turned on and BLevo does have access to it.

Still having the maps download problem - gpx file loads in, but when I thick the box and it says tiles to download, when I select that it gives dialogue box saying downloading 1,10, 20.... then says xxx download, xxx errors, and there are no maps available. Tried the different forms of topo map too.

Any ideas?

Maybe I can help you with the maps topic...

If you download the BLEvo manual:

Then check chapter 6 (page 12) and download the openandromaps and save them on the BV6000. You only need to do this once. After that you do not need to download any tiles anymore. You can later select different map styles based on the openandromaps within BLEvo.

For me this option works very well. Regarding the red flashing GPS light in BLEvo, I unfortunately can't help you.

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
Maybe I can help you with the maps topic...

If you download the BLEvo manual:

Then check chapter 6 (page 12) and download the openandromaps and save them on the BV6000. You only need to do this once. After that you do not need to download any tiles anymore. You can later select different map styles based on the openandromaps within BLEvo.

For me this option works very well. Regarding the red flashing GPS light in BLEvo, I unfortunately can't help you.
thanks, I know about that, but I assume that is just for the openandromaps format? I'm actually after some of the other formats as I'd like to be able to use them. Or am I misunderstanding and I need to do this in order to use the others?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

Any ideas?
For the gps, try to remove all the battery optimization..
For the map there has been a change on the map server side.. I will fix the bug in the next release..

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
thanks, I know about that, but I assume that is just for the openandromaps format? I'm actually after some of the other formats as I'd like to be able to use them. Or am I misunderstanding and I need to do this in order to use the others?

You are right this is only required for the openandromaps format. In case you like to use the other maps types I can't help you as I don't use them. I only use openandromaps as I think they are of high quality and it's "set (download once) and forget". (where you need to know I also didn't insert a sim in the BV6000 so I can't download any data when riding)

Bhargis

Jan 22, 2019
Paris Texas
May I ask you a question? You mentioned "I've never had that problem before now using the same iPhone 8.". The Strava BLEvo IOS upload option only exist since two days. Do you mean you didn't have any problem when recording a ride with the official Strava app on the same iPhone 8? Or didn't you have issues when uploading the TCX file to Strava generated by BLEvo via the Strava website? (previous BLEvo IOS method to share captured data to Strava)

I never had any problems with the ride being cut off when uploading the .tcx file to Strava. Yesterday was the first time I used the Strava upload feature.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I never had any problems with the ride being cut off when uploading the .tcx file to Strava. Yesterday was the first time I used the Strava upload feature.

I followed the same BLEvo ios method as you did before I started to use the BLEvo android version. Although it costed some more steps to upload to Strava it did work. I also tried this week to upload a very short ride via the new Strava ios connection. It did work but it was only a very short ride so maybe there is a bug which Paolo indeed needs to investigate. I hoped to be able to help you but I am also lost here.

kellermann

Nov 2, 2018
Germany
The tcx-files from BLevo are 5-6 times bigger then the one of my Garmin Edge. (See the pictures). The first is from my Garmin, the second from BLevo. Both show the speed-diagramm of the same track. It seems, that BLevo measures speed and other datas much more often than my Edge. If so, it would be fine, BLevo has a function to reduce the amount of saved data. The two examples have a size of 144kb (Garmin) and 1,1 Mb (BLevo).

Screenshot 2019-04-05 um 17.46.57.png

Screenshot 2019-04-05 um 17.47.32.png

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
The tcx-files from BLevo are 5-6 times bigger then the one of my Garmin Edge. (See the pictures). The first is from my Garmin, the second from BLevo. Both show the speed-diagramm of the same track. It seems, that BLevo measures speed and other datas much more often than my Edge. If so, it would be fine, BLevo has a function to reduce the amount of saved data. The two examples have a size of 144kb (Garmin) and 1,1 Mb (BLevo).

View attachment 12664

View attachment 12665
Hi.. in the next version I will reduce the data saved on TCX.. but why you want to reduce the quality of the saved data? For small size or something else?

kellermann

Nov 2, 2018
Germany
I think, it is not necessary to save data every second. 1 Mb for a 8 km ride will be 10 Mb for 80 km. And an upload with Mobile Data rate will reduce my mobile credit to fast. The best solution would be to choose the data rate in BLevo.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I think, it is not necessary to save data every second. 1 Mb for a 8 km ride will be 10 Mb for 80 km. And an upload with Mobile Data rate will reduce my mobile credit to fast. The best solution would be to choose the data rate in BLevo.
If you upload the ride with Strava, the data are zipped before uploading, so the file is reduced to 1/10...
Why you want to use the Mobile Data and not the WiFi when you are at home?
In any case in the future I can add the parameter for changing the timing.. BLEvo save every second only if you are moving...

kellermann

Nov 2, 2018
Germany
@PaoloBLEvo It is not so an important issue. I only was a little bit confused about the different amount of data saved by BLEvo and Garmin. BLEvo works fine and on my Turbo Levo i only use it. The Garmin is now on my Bosch CX bike.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@PaoloBLEvo It is not so an important issue. I only was a little bit confused about the different amount of data saved by BLEvo and Garmin. BLEvo works fine and on my Turbo Levo i only use it. The Garmin is now on my Bosch CX bike.
Don't worry.. I would like to understand all the requirement of the BLEvo user..

Vilt

Feb 13, 2019
Berg en Terblijt, The Netherlands
Would it be possible to remove the dialog on the startup? (I dont need to agree EVERY time I start the app, do I?)

Then we could auto-start blevo when the phone turns on, making it a bike computer.

Also what does: "increment acceleration (2019)" and "increment shuttle (2019)" do? It is not in the manual.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
The new version 3.4.4 of BLEvo for Android is available on GooglePlay. I corrected some of the boards ...
Here are all the news:

- Optimized the VeryFast Smart Power configuration for all firmware releases (before only x.23)
- Strava authentication changed for new Strava policies
- Added option to lock the map if it detects a speed greater than 5km / h
- Restored the zoom level of the open street map download
- Added Shuttle setting in statistics
- If the barometer is present, the ascent is calculated every meter (before it was every 2)
- Added possibility to change the heart rate threshold via the remote control
- Added BOOST functionality with the remote command
- Added graph for current and battery voltage
- Now the fields not selected are not displayed in the BM display
- Now the English voice is UK. Added the American voice.
- Added biker wh, battery wh and bike / battery wh in the tour map
- Bugfix: Timeout upload on Strava
- Bugfix: Corrected display Watt Motor in the case of second battery connected
- Bugfix: barometric sensor disabling / enabling
- Bugfix: Correct display of the color of the battery value on the tour map

In this video I show the novelty of the possibility of having the number of variable fields in the custom display.

(sorry for Italian language)
Enjoy your ride with BLEvo...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
what does BOOST do?
Big assistance step...
For example if you are in Smart Power with automatic assistance set to 10%, with Boost functionality you can increase immediadly the assistance to, for example, 70%.. and for 5 second the Smart Power doesn't decrease the assistance..
I prefer to use the tip to anticipate the push on pedal in order to increase automatically the assistance with Smart Power..
But someone prefers to use a special button..

Bramco

Jan 4, 2019
South Notts
Now the fields not selected are not displayed in the BM display
- Now the English voice is UK. Added the American voice.
Thanks Paolo! Too late for my ride today but I'm sure I'll enjoy these tomorrow.

You are doing an amazing job at picking up all our little ideas and issues and getting them sorted incredibly quickly.

Fantastic app and a star developer. Thanks.

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles