Status
Not open for further replies.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I originally done it using his suggestion in the first connect.

The latest update has made Blevo virtually unusable for me, samsung s7, v3.5.4 Blevo.

I just went out then to have a play and see how it connects to my bike today. First connection it connected fine I then went into bike settings and made a change to ACC and Shuttle and hit reload. It failed to connect to the bike so I restarted the bike and it wouldn't connect, tried this a few times to no avail, close Blevo several times and still no connect. The it connected and all the parameters were set to 0, i then selected user parameter 1 and they were also different. I also noticed the ACC slider was 1,2,3, 4 integers rather than %. Then using another parameter they went to soft, race etc. I set the parameters back to stock (from what i remember them to be) and tried to reload them and it failed to connect and load them.

I then quick Blevo, opened MC and set parameters back to default, it had no problems connecting with the bike.

Is there anyway I can roll back to previous Blevo version? it worked fine for me
It is not possible to use old versions..
Could you send a video of the issue to [email protected] ?
I don't understand the steps..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
yeah i'll get a vid tomorrow morning
When you have problem with connection, try to exit from BLEvo, switch off the Bluetooth for 5 seconds, switch-off the bike, then switch-on Bluetooth and the bike and start BLEvo..
This procedure should reset any "strange" connection status..
Let me know if this workaround works in case you will have connection problems..

Last edited:

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
A simple but potentially important optional feature that would be easy to implement: age based or even more detailed maximum heart rate alert.

Simply 220 - (age in years) ~= MHR but could be a more complex calculation

Max

Aug 10, 2019
Nowhere
Hello,

I still have two issues on iPhone Activity workout, not sure if the issues are related to BLevo:

From BLevo, I push data to Strava which push to Apple Workout/Health data.

A) The elevation gain is missing.
B) The heart stats are missing (I use the Apple Watch as heart rate sensor and I see it working on the BLevo display)

I have attached two pictures: BLevo/Strava vs Apple Workout.

Is there any way to fix those?

IMG_2943.PNG

IMG_2941.PNG

SmackIt

Jul 21, 2019
Reno
Sorry if this has already been covered. I sold my 2017 Levo and will pick up a 2019 S-Works this week. Is it possible to delete all the settings in BLevo without deleting the ride data? Or should I just pair with the new bike and go riding. I did do some minor fiddling and tweaking to the 2017, but I want to keep the 2019 in stock configuration for a couple weeks before tuning it.

Thanks for a great app, really enjoy it.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Sorry if this has already been covered. I sold my 2017 Levo and will pick up a 2019 S-Works this week. Is it possible to delete all the settings in BLevo without deleting the ride data? Or should I just pair with the new bike and go riding. I did do some minor fiddling and tweaking to the 2017, but I want to keep the 2019 in stock configuration for a couple weeks before tuning it.

Thanks for a great app, really enjoy it.
There aren't settings stored.. you can continue to use BLEvo as is..

Last edited:

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I originally done it using his suggestion in the first connect.

The latest update has made Blevo virtually unusable for me, samsung s7, v3.5.4 Blevo.

I just went out then to have a play and see how it connects to my bike today. First connection it connected fine I then went into bike settings and made a change to ACC and Shuttle and hit reload. It failed to connect to the bike so I restarted the bike and it wouldn't connect, tried this a few times to no avail, close Blevo several times and still no connect. The it connected and all the parameters were set to 0, i then selected user parameter 1 and they were also different. I also noticed the ACC slider was 1,2,3, 4 integers rather than %. Then using another parameter they went to soft, race etc. I set the parameters back to stock (from what i remember them to be) and tried to reload them and it failed to connect and load them.

I then quick Blevo, opened MC and set parameters back to default, it had no problems connecting with the bike.

Is there anyway I can roll back to previous Blevo version? it worked fine for me

Hi Bowser,

May I ask you to read this thread:
Who recognizes Levo 2019 TCU bluetooth connection issues? - EMTB Forums

I just started it but I think I have (had) the same issues like you. Despite the fact that new BLEvo version connected automatically much better with auxiliaries like the RC (Remote Control) and HR (Heart Rate) belt, I now have had connection issues with the TCU bike connection too.

However at the same moment I have had connection issues with MC as well. I am not sure if you still have the issues but if so, can you please try if you are able to connect with MC?

I suspect the bluetooth chip in the TCU now.

bowser

May 23, 2019
Australia
Today I decided to test my Blevo connection before going for a ride, again it initially connected fine then when i went to make a setting change it failed to re-connect. I then went into my bluetooth settings and deleted the connection to my bike, restated the bike, restarted the phone and tried to connect using Blevo but no good. Tried to connect using MC and no good. Tried a few more times but was running out of daylight so i just went for a ride, up in the bush i tried to connect again and it worked. I left it at that and didn't try changing any settings again.

Once I returned home i tried to change settings (which is did) and it reloaded the parameters fine, repeated around 4 or 5 times without any issues. Worked fine just like it did prior to the last Blevo Android update.

I will need out to work fine a few more times before I comment on if it is fixed or not

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hello,

I still have two issues on iPhone Activity workout, not sure if the issues are related to BLevo:

From BLevo, I push data to Strava which push to Apple Workout/Health data.

A) The elevation gain is missing.
B) The heart stats are missing (I use the Apple Watch as heart rate sensor and I see it working on the BLevo display)

I have attached two pictures: BLevo/Strava vs Apple Workout.

Is there any way to fix those?

View attachment 17559

View attachment 17560
In the latest version of BLEvo for iOS (v3.5.1), there are some missing data in the statistic..
Before the end of the week, I will release a new release with the bugs fixed..
Sorry for the bugs..

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Today I decided to test my Blevo connection before going for a ride, again it initially connected fine then when i went to make a setting change it failed to re-connect. I then went into my bluetooth settings and deleted the connection to my bike, restated the bike, restarted the phone and tried to connect using Blevo but no good. Tried to connect using MC and no good. Tried a few more times but was running out of daylight so i just went for a ride, up in the bush i tried to connect again and it worked. I left it at that and didn't try changing any settings again.

Once I returned home i tried to change settings (which is did) and it reloaded the parameters fine, repeated around 4 or 5 times without any issues. Worked fine just like it did prior to the last Blevo Android update.

I will need out to work fine a few more times before I comment on if it is fixed or not

Hi Bowser,

I just wrote some additional posts in this thread again:
Who recognizes Levo 2019 TCU bluetooth connection issues? - EMTB Forums

Thanks and please keep us posted!

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
Hi everyone.

I have read the last few pages and i'm a bit confused. Can BLEvo now modify the speedrestrictions for new Levo 2019 with newest software? If it can, how?

Thanks!

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi everyone.

I have read the last few pages and i'm a bit confused. Can BLEvo now modify the speedrestrictions for new Levo 2019 with newest software? If it can, how?

Thanks!

Hi,

No, BLEvo can't with firmware update 2.025 and 2.026. BLEvo can only modify speed limit of firmware version 2.019 but this Specialized version contains bugs. Therefore 2.025 and 2.026 are released. (and now even 2.034 but not sure about the details of this firmware version)

If you like to remove the speed restriction, buy the Levociraptor, LSS, Planet 3 or a Badass box where I guess the Levociraptor is the best choice. BLEvo can be setup in such way so that it automatically converts the "fake" speed into real speed and distance.

Rak313

Mar 24, 2018
Syracuse, NY USA
Blevo setup question: Im new to blevo. I have a 2018 USA version of turbo levo. Speed limit here in US is 20mph (32 km/hr), not 20km/hr.

I don't want to change the speed limit settings stored in the bike. Will blevo leave the speed limit settings in the bike (wheel circumference - if im not mistaken) alone, or is it overwritten by whatever default is in blevo?

Thanks, Rick

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
blevo not finding my bike. just got a new battery (on warranty thank you specialized❤️?) but blevo is not finding it now... any suggestions? i’ve turned everything on and off several times, several ways. not sure what else to do. using bv6000 and android on 2017 levo.?‍♂️?

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
blevo not finding my bike. just got a new battery (on warranty thank you specialized❤️?) but blevo is not finding it now... any suggestions? i’ve turned everything on and off several times, several ways. not sure what else to do. using bv6000 and android on 2017 levo.?‍♂️?
With a Kenevo or pre-2019 Levo you will need to do the Bluetooth pairing again because the bikes computer (on those models) is build into the battery. -- when battery is changed, it's a different bike.
Start by removing the old item from Bluetooth devices.

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
With a Kenevo or pre-2019 Levo you will need to do the Bluetooth pairing again because the bikes computer (on those models) is build into the battery. -- when battery is changed, it's a different bike.
Start by removing the old item from Bluetooth devices.
Sorry but with the "old" bikes you must NOT do the pairing with android or ios system.. just go in the BLEvo configuration and search for the bike..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I just released the version 3.5.2 of BLEvo for ios...
These are the news:
- Added compatibility with new Levo battery firmware 2019 2.4.4
- Added GPX support without end point tag
- Bugfix: count of lap time that failed to calculate the height difference, average speed and distance

Please update it from the app store..
Thanks.
Paolo.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Blevo setup question: Im new to blevo. I have a 2018 USA version of turbo levo. Speed limit here in US is 20mph (32 km/hr), not 20km/hr.

I don't want to change the speed limit settings stored in the bike. Will blevo leave the speed limit settings in the bike (wheel circumference - if im not mistaken) alone, or is it overwritten by whatever default is in blevo?

Thanks, Rick

Hi,

BLEvo will not automatically change your speed settings! You need to delibrately choose a different setting where for the speed setting you will get a warning too if you really want to change this setting (only allowed on private property etc.)

BLEvo will recognize your firmware and will read your wheel circumference which is stored in the motor. Then it calculates based on the real wheel diameter (which you can change to reflect your real wheel circumference maybe you added different wheel set or tire) the speed limit for cut off. It will show you that value.

So to summarize once you have the bike connected and you don't want to change the max speed limit then you only might want to change the real wheel circumference setting. Real wheel circumference setting is measured by sitting on the bike with full gear at right tire pressure and then place a piece of tape on the floor make one turn of the wheel forward. Place another piece of tape on the floor and measure the distance in between.

Hope this helps...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi,

BLEvo will not automatically change your speed settings! You need to delibrately choose a different setting where for the speed setting you will get a warning too if you really want to change this setting (only allowed on private property etc.)

BLEvo will recognize your firmware and will read your wheel circumference which is stored in the motor. Then it calculates based on the real wheel diameter (which you can change to reflect your real wheel circumference maybe you added different wheel set or tire) the speed limit for cut off. It will show you that value.

So to summarize once you have the bike connected and you don't want to change the max speed limit then you only might want to change the real wheel circumference setting. Real wheel circumference setting is measured by sitting on the bike with full gear at right tire pressure and then place a piece of tape on the floor make one turn of the wheel forward. Place another piece of tape on the floor and measure the distance in between.

Hope this helps...
Sorry but I don't understand..
In US the limit should be set to 25 km/h, evenif in US the limit is over..
This value just reflect the wheel size set..

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M

Hi @PaoloBLEvo and @Rak313 ,

Maybe I was a little to quick writing previous post...

So in the US you will the speed limit in km/h which is linked to the (fake) wheel circumference in the motor. Depending on your location (US firmware in your case) you reach with a wheel circumference of 2255 for a Levo 2018 20mph where we reach in Europe for example 25km/h.

Maybe this table helps:
The Official BLEvo Thread - EMTB Forums

In case you don't want to change the speed limit don't change the sliders setting. In your case, as I now understand from Paolo, it will show 25km/h. Only thing you can measure and set is your real wheel circumference (which is depending on rim, tire, pressure, etc.) which results in a more accurate measurement for speed and distance.

Rak313

Mar 24, 2018
Syracuse, NY USA

I just want to be sure that whatever is already stored by specialized on the levo for speed limit wont be changed by using Blevo.

I dont intend to change the 20 mph US limit.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I just want to be sure that whatever is already stored by specialized on the levo for speed limit wont be changed by using Blevo.

I dont intend to change the 20 mph US limit.

No worries nothing will be automatically changed. You really need to manually start modifying settings to change the speed limit and even then you will get a warning upfront.

I hope you will enjoy BLEvo as much as I do.

Max

Aug 10, 2019
Nowhere
Hi,

I am sorry for keeping questioning.

Is there anyone using Apple Watch as heart rate sensor and no problem?

For me, it is either lagging, no updating speed very fast or keep disconnecting and I have to restart BLEevo so it reconnect.

It don't play well with Smart HR/Power.

Thanks.

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
I am starting to use the Android version. When I use google drive to get some GPX files in there, the first two filenames are messed up. Is this normal and how can I avoid it?

IMG-6422.jpg[\img]

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
Question about the moving map.... Sitting in my house, I can't get the map to rotate when I rotate the phone. I enabled the option to rotate the map when not moving and it still doesn't rotate. I tried both North up and heading up.

Does this mean that the map only uses GPS heading data and does not make use of the phone's compass? If so, it would be sweet if it used the compass for instant feedback but ideally kept it calibrated by using GPS heading data from when you go straight and fast.

I know it can be annoying with Trailforks when the compass is off since it *only* uses the compass.

Windsurfer

Aug 31, 2019
Germany
Blevo and Online Access. In a post in one of the first pages of this thread, Paolo stated that his App would not need a mobile network. I am using a firewall app and BLevo recently requested online access when continuing a tour after a break. BLevo did not work in this situation, no motor support. After stop/restart of app and bike everything worked fine. Maps are downloaded offline. After that ride I granted mobile network access in addition to Wifi.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Blevo and Online Access. In a post in one of the first pages of this thread, Paolo stated that his App would not need a mobile network. I am using a firewall app and BLevo recently requested online access when continuing a tour after a break. BLevo did not work in this situation, no motor support. After stop/restart of app and bike everything worked fine. Maps are downloaded offline. After that ride I granted mobile network access in addition to Wifi.
BLEvo doesn't require any online access, but there are some feature, like maps and text speech that sometimes require online access.. it is very strange the relationship between online access and no motor support.. I usually use the phone without SIM card without any issue.. I think the "no motor support" issue is related to something else..

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M

Hi, I also use the Android version in combination with a BV6000. I never had the app requesting online (mobile) access. I do run the offline openandromaps. Downloaded them once and you never have to think about downloading any tiles anymore before a ride.

Are you riding a 2019 Levo? I do have the "issue" that if the bike is standing too long still (for example we are having a beer with some friends and I left the bike on or turned the bike already on but have been busy with collecting some gear before I ride away at home) that the support is meanwhile stopped. Sometimes the blue lights on the TCU still burn sometimes they do not burn. Nevertheless by just simply turning the bike on and off (in case the lights are on but no support) or on again (in case the lights are off) the bike automatically reconnects to BLEvo again with support. I had it yesterday too after having a beer with some friends and switched bike on (didn't touch BLEvo just left the phone on the handlebars with screen always on) and bike automatically reconnected in 3 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles