Status
Not open for further replies.

deanpemberton

Jun 24, 2018
New Zealand
And THAT was the bit of information I was missing. I do now use the iOS mail app to send of receive email. I use the google gmail app. Once I loaded me gmail account into the iOS mail app then the export function worked.

@PaoloBLEvo, any chance you could make the app work with non iOS email apps?

Thanks heaps everyone!!

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
And THAT was the bit of information I was missing. I do now use the iOS mail app to send of receive email. I use the google gmail app. Once I loaded me gmail account into the iOS mail app then the export function worked.

Thanks heaps everyone!!

Excellent! Glad you’re sorted Dean ??

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

Thanks heaps everyone!!
I will check for different mail client.. thank for your feedback..

claytow

Jul 17, 2018
UK
One item on connection to the bike that I learned that is likely obvious to others. Using android I had loaded and used the Specialized Mission Control application prior to loading BLEvo. I had to "force stop" the Mission Control app before I could get the BLEvo app to connect to the bike. Now it connects quicker and more reliable than the Mission Control app does.
I had the same issue, and reading your comment above also resolved the issue for me, thanks.

DEADMEAT

Jul 17, 2018
Hertfordshire
Hi guys, i'm looking to try this app purely for the function about which we must not speak....

However, i'm curious to know what other benefits this app can provide in terms of actual bike performance. Things like improved battery life, smoother acceleration response, auto assist levels etc... That sort of thing. Not really interested in heart rate monitors or sat nav or anything like that, just the make bike better stuff :)

Thanks.

Witte300

May 13, 2018
Belgium
Hi guys, i'm looking to try this app purely for the function about which we must not speak....

However, i'm curious to know what other benefits this app can provide in terms of actual bike performance. Things like improved battery life, smoother acceleration response, auto assist levels etc... That sort of thing. Not really interested in heart rate monitors or sat nav or anything like that, just the make bike better stuff :)

Thanks.

With the smart power and smart heart rate you can really make a difference in battery span.
I do for my local trips about 85km with 1 charge, that is almost 40km's more ;)

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I just released version 2.20 of BLEvo for Android ..
These are the news:
- Added mobile pages to the customizable display
- Added average cadence in the customizable display
- Added the ability to activate and deactivate the Smart Power directly from the display
- Bug fix help page

Attached the video of how the display can be customized with mobile pages.
Enjoy your ride.

Dropbox - 2018-07-19 18.09.12.mp4

krisbi

Jun 23, 2018
Malta
Correct me if I'm wrong. Blevo does not need internet, right?
I am trying to buy a cheap phone to connect and install on the bike with blevo but it will have no sim card. I don't want to install my expensive phone on the bike.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Correct me if I'm wrong. Blevo does not need internet, right?
I am trying to buy a cheap phone to connect and install on the bike with blevo but it will have no sim card. I don't want to install my expensive phone on the bike.
Yes, BLEvo doesn't require internet connection... Only on WiFi when you need to update the App..
If I can suggest you some phone, the BV6000 it is a good choice.. take the phone with the barometric sensor... it is better for altitude calculation...

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
I really like the smart heart rate mode of BLevo, but my lbs says that using other apps does void the warranty. If they have to send battery or motor back to specialized they can find out other apps have been used and in one case they already had to deal with specialized neglecting the warranty. Somebody here already had trouble with that?

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
I really like the smart heart rate mode of BLevo, but my lbs says that using other apps does void the warranty. If they have to send battery or motor back to specialized they can find out other apps have been used and in one case they already had to deal with specialized neglecting the warranty. Somebody here already had trouble with that?

Only my point of view but I struggle to believe this... all apps, including mission control connect in the same way so effectively if this is true you also wouldn’t be able to use Garmin or bolt either without invalidating the warranty.

It would be great to get a definitive statement on this as in the last 24 hours alone I’ve read completely contradictory info...

@Rob Hancill - do you have someone at spesh to ask?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Only my point of view but I struggle to believe this... all apps, including mission control connect in the same way so effectively if this is true you also wouldn’t be able to use Garmin or bolt either without invalidating the warranty.

It would be great to get a definitive statement on this as in the last 24 hours alone I’ve read completely contradictory info...

@Rob Hancill - do you have someone at spesh to ask?
Specialized will say that modifying / 3rd party apps that mod the firmware / standard operation of the bike will void the warranty. Think of it from a legal standpoint - if they condoned it and something went wrong then they could be liable (and if it were an accident then a whole new can of worms!).

BUT - I’ve yet to see real facts regarding anyone having warranty declined as a direct result of hack / BLEvo etc.

If I were a LBS / Specialized I’d also say that it would void warranty.

I also have BLEvo app.

Shane’s1000rr

Apr 4, 2018
County Durham
Mines just had new motor fitted under warranty and I use BLEvo Z-Works and I briefly tried eGENESIS took a full diagnostic report on mine and sent it to specialized with the goosed motor and all good new motor fitted and not a word said

grayedout

Jul 17, 2018
Ludlow
I have just found this Thread and app. can someone explain if there is 99% of this app which is ok to use, what is the 1% you must not you ? with latest v23

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
I have just found this Thread and app. can someone explain if there is 99% of this app which is ok to use, what is the 1% you must not you ? with latest v23

The speed limiter function - the app has the ability to increase the standard limit (to 75kmh!) - I.e. derestrict

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Mines just had new motor fitted under warranty and I use BLEvo Z-Works and I briefly tried eGENESIS took a full diagnostic report on mine and sent it to specialized with the goosed motor and all good new motor fitted and not a word said

Out of interest.... had you deresticted?

DEADMEAT

Jul 17, 2018
Hertfordshire
Yes for a about three rides then put it back to factory as didn’t really need it

So in short, would you say that if you derestrict your bike using Blevo, and then have a problem, as long as you reset your settings back to standard using Mission Control, everything should be fine if you have to take your bike back to the shop?

krisbi

Jun 23, 2018
Malta
My personal opinion is that there is no way they can see if an app or another was used. However should this be the case, I find Blevo so good that if it invalidates the warranty then so be it.
Don't forget that with other manufacturers it can't be de-restricted via app but a special hardware must be installed. This surely is much worse than with ours!

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
So in short, would you say that if you derestrict your bike using Blevo, and then have a problem, as long as you reset your settings back to standard using Mission Control, everything should be fine if you have to take your bike back to the shop?

That's exactly what I was told by my Specialized dealer.

DEADMEAT

Jul 17, 2018
Hertfordshire
My personal opinion is that there is no way they can see if an app or another was used. However should this be the case, I find Blevo so good that if it invalidates the warranty then so be it.
Don't forget that with other manufacturers it can't be de-restricted via app but a special hardware must be installed. This surely is much worse than with ours!

Nice :) Anyone else have a view?

Shane’s1000rr

Apr 4, 2018
County Durham
Well all I can do is speak from my experience last week and I used my warranty through Lbs and had no problem whatsoever bikes all sorted now I did take ccrdaves advice and restore to factory prior to taking bike in

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
Even better :)

Warranty aside, if you derestrict it and come flying out of the woods and pile into a bus-stop full of nuns, you'll probably find yourself in the :poop: and Specialized won't be there to pay your legal fees.
However, if there are no bus-stops containing the afore mentioned nuns near your local woods, you should be ok with this example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles