Status
Not open for further replies.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I’ve hacked my bike using light blue. Will this affect BLEvo as it’s still recognised the wheel size as 2250 but mission control sees it as 700mm..

If so does anyone know the Hex code to put my bike back to standard size to just use blevo? Cheers. Jon
If you use BLEvo, you don't need to change the value with LightBlue.. just use BLEvo. In BLEvo you see the real wheel size and the speed limit is calculated with the fake wheel size

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Was this acheived on your 2019 Levo?
I have tried running this app on IOS 12 and apart from scroll wheels spinning out of control and not sticking and messages displaying over other messages, it simply failed to save any change in the Max Speed beyond 25km/h.
I have not seen an app update come through that may have remedied these issues.

Any tricks or tips would be appreciated. Is there a video anywhere of someone successfully using this app?
Maybe your bike cannot be hacked.. could you update the App and send the Battery Monitor screen shot? If the TCU version is 2.025 you cannot change the wheel size

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
On Apple Store there is the new iOS version 3.1.0 with the Battery Monitor. With this you can check the Health of the battery and the TCU version, in order to understand if you can change the wheel size of thw Levo 2019. The rule is the same for Android.

TCU version 2.019 or V1.7.0 = wheel size changeable

TCU version 2.025 = wheel size NOT changeable.

Here below all the news:
- Added battery monitor
- Corrected the value of Wh for levo 2019 (added a factor of 0.9)
- Added checks to avoid ECO at 0%
- Bugfix timezone in the TCX file

Please download the update from iTunes
‎BLEvo - For Smart Turbo Levo

Last edited:

Midie

Nov 1, 2018
Aachen
Hi there, next week, I‘ll get my Turbo Levo 2018 with the new Turbo Connect Display. I have just bought Blevo for my iPhone (xs). Now I‘m thinking if the combination TCD and Blevo is ideal. What Do you think? Is it better to mount the iPhone on the Levo bar and use Blevo as a Display?

And is there a good Mount for the iPhone which you can recommend?

Any recommendations?

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Yes. Changed the kph up to 50. Restarted the bike, set off along the road. It didn't stop at 25.

Reset back down to 25 and restarted bike.

So is that all you need to do to keep it derestricted?

Is it traceable?

Do you need to have the app running for it to take effect? Because I don't have a mount and I'm not interested in all the data, speed etc.
Was this acheived on your 2019 Levo?
I have tried running this app on IOS 12 and apart from scroll wheels spinning out of control and not sticking and messages displaying over other messages, it simply failed to save any change in the Max Speed beyond 25km/h.
I have not seen an app update come through that may have remedied these issues.

Any tricks or tips would be appreciated. Is there a video anywhere of someone successfully using this app?
Yes, was on a 2019. Scroll back a few posts to find the version numbers to make it work. I'm pretty sure it's just the very early models for now.

Reactions: aki

Boots3150

Sep 24, 2018
Melbourne
On Apple Store there is the new iOS version 3.1.0 with the Battery Monitor. With this you can check the Health of the battery and the TCU version, in order to understand if you can change the wheel size of thw Levo 2019. The rule is the same for Android.

TCU version 2.019 or V1.7.0 = wheel size changeable

TCU version 2.025 = wheel size NOT changeable.

Here below all the news:
- Added battery monitor
- Corrected the value of Wh for levo 2019 (added a factor of 0.9)
- Added checks to avoid ECO at 0%
- Bugfix timezone in the TCX file

Please download the update from iTunes
‎BLEvo - For Smart Turbo Levo
Yes I have version 2.025 of TCU
Latest app now did have option of reducing wheel diameter to 2000 and it seemed to stick.
It’s late here in Australia and can’t test till tomorrow.
Still not enough to use on commuter path without being a moving roadblock for the roadies that buzz along at 40km/hr.
I even had the embarrassment of being pulled over by a bloke on CUBE e-bike who wanted to help “fix” my bike.

Koro

Sep 15, 2018
Germany
Latest app now did have option of reducing wheel diameter to 2000 and it seemed to stick.
Still not enough to use on commuter path without being a moving roadblock for the roadies that buzz along at 40km/hr.
I even had the embarrassment of being pulled over by a bloke on CUBE e-bike who wanted to help “fix” my bike.

maybe you need to train more that you can paddle faster ?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
In BLEvo you must insert the correct and REAL wheel size... Only the Speed limit must be changed in order to change the speed limit.. If you are able to change the speed limit, in Mission Control you will see the different wheel size, but this is due to you hacked the speed limit..
I hope I was clear.

Witte300

May 13, 2018
Belgium
But does it protect the iPhone?

Do you prefer the Blevo-App on iPhone as the bike Computer or a separate Computer like the TCD?

At first i used the phone as bike computer, now i have my prevered settings and leave the phone in the backpack with blevo in the background.
The protective case of the quadlock as the mount are really good

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I just upped the speed. The app then tells you to restart the bike for it to take effect. Did that, went off, it worked. Then i reduced it back down, restarted and back to normal.

mtb_nick

Nov 3, 2018
cranleigh
Same for me, new Levo 2019 with latest firmware from Spesh. Wheel size, power % etc get saved but not the speed limit. The limit seems locked

Besto

Nov 2, 2018
Spain
What is your feeling Paolo? Do you think that you will success to derestrict the rest of TCU versions on 2019 bike? It is such a big change to ride it with the limit just a bit higher than just 25 km/h... Specialized should keep the wheel size adjustment and be able to put that at 2000 as they would sell more bikes jeje

Koro

Sep 15, 2018
Germany
What is your feeling Paolo? Do you think that you will success to derestrict the rest of TCU versions on 2019 bike? It is such a big change to ride it with the limit just a bit higher than just 25 km/h... Specialized should keep the wheel size adjustment and be able to put that at 2000 as they would sell more bikes jeje
give him some time, he will receive his bike next week then he can do more testing

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I will try to do my best, but I don't want to say nothing because it depends from what Specialized allow to do...
Stay tuned. In one or 2 weeks I should have some news..

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Well the motor now feels far more alive, had it in Turbo previous ride and it wasn’t responding as sharply. Seems to be far more dialled now tweaking the settings in BLEvo.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I used to app for a while whilst riding today, but I've noticed a couple of bugs. It only ever shows the power setting as trail. Cycle through modes and stays in trail on the screen (Android).

Also when reduce down to eco via the bike, the power setting stays at trail. Can switch to turbo and get that mode, but not eco.

After that I turned the app off to restore normal riding settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles