The New Official BLEvo Thread

Brianjonesphoto

Patreon
Oct 8, 2018
Seattle USA
Killed off! when is this happening and why??
an email I received from specialized

Logo
Hi, Brian!
Thanks for being a Mission Control app user.
On March 27th, Mission Control will be replaced by the new Specialized app and will no longer be available. This means it’s time to start using the Specialized app to manage your bike and record your rides. All your data will be transferred when you log in.

Follow these steps to switch to the Specialized app:​

1. Open Mission Control and disconnect your bike. If you use Turbo System Lock, unlock your bike first.
  2. Delete the Mission Control app from your phone.
  3. Connect your bike to the Specialized app.

What’s New in the Specialized App​

• Completely redesigned Tune feature, with intuitive adjustment settings.
  • Advanced, interactive post-ride analytics with Turbo-specific data.
  • Turbo System Auto-Lock for ultimate security (on select models).
Tune Presets, Heart Rate Control, and Jump Stats are currently unavailable in the Specialized app.
We’re here to help. If you need assistance connecting your bike or using the app, please contact us or visit the Support Center.​
SPECIALIZED

©2024 SPECIALIZED BICYCLE COMPONENTS, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.​

open

nB2000

Jul 23, 2020
South coast UK
There’s lots missing in that new app with riders reporting issues with auto start & ride uploading.
I am missing the option to save custom presets - you can make one adjusted setting but switching back to any inbuilt option deleted it. You have to use screenshots. That’s a backwards step.
I had multiple personal options saved in MC for different ride types. Short / long / sessioning / solo / with mates.
HRM support is not available yet according to the apps embedded help link.
The black icon app seems rather undeveloped and buggy, so it’s hard to know why they decided to pull Mission Control which was pretty good overall.

TheSnowShark

Subscriber
Sep 7, 2023
French-Alpes
Personally, as long as this application is unreliable, I would not uninstall my current version.

It's still incredible to provide such this new poorly designed application... where are the people from Specialized ??? 🤷‍♂️

dmc650x

Apr 26, 2024
St George, Utah
Since my bike's motor needed to be replaced, I removed the Levociraptor , after that
I rode without levociraptor for several weeks and put it back in today.
I note that the mastermind no longer gives any inducement for battery level or setting support.
Is it a wrong setting of the levociraptor ?
On the GSM everything is ok
I have a 2022 levo and just installed the levociraptor gen3 and have no battery support or any way to set peak power. Did you figure out a solution yet?
Screenshot_20240428_162519_BLEvo.jpg

6950rpm

Sep 22, 2021
Isle of Wight
I’ve just added my Levo Hardtail (so a Gen 1 Levo basically without any TCU) to the new Specialized app and now it seems to have messed with the power / assist settings and even though I can change the settings in the app, the settings are not saved to the bike.

Can I use BLEvo to edit and save the assist levels on a gen 1 Levo?

rodoid

Oct 8, 2018
Nice - France
There’s lots missing in that new app with riders reporting issues with auto start & ride uploading.
I am missing the option to save custom presets - you can make one adjusted setting but switching back to any inbuilt option deleted it. You have to use screenshots. That’s a backwards step.
I had multiple personal options saved in MC for different ride types. Short / long / sessioning / solo / with mates.
HRM support is not available yet according to the apps embedded help link.
The black icon app seems rather undeveloped and buggy, so it’s hard to know why they decided to pull Mission Control which was pretty good overall.
Yep, "you can make one adjusted setting but switching back to any inbuilt option deleted it. You have to use screenshots. That’s a backwards step", that's a BIG backwards step :(:poop:

Manu

Oct 7, 2019
Bretagne
Bonjour
je possède l'application BLEvo depuis quelques temps ,d'abord sur un Levo Gen1 et maintenant sur un Levo gen2.Vraiment enchanté de cette application qui pour moi est un vrai plus apporté au vélo.Je rencontre néanmoins un problème dernièrement,la carte du gps ne se charge plus,j'ai bien le quadrillage en fond mais plus aucun détail.
Merci par avance pour votre aide.

Manu

Oct 7, 2019
Bretagne
J'ai trouvé réponse à mon problème, le format n'était plus lu pour je ne sais quelle raison.
J'ai choisi un autre format et j'ai retrouvé un fond de carte.

Tetley

Sep 9, 2020
Bucks UK
As the new spec app is rubbish from the point of all the bike technical data is now missing, will Blevo show all of this now I have just had a new motor fitted to my 2020 Gen 2 Levo with the latest firmware update?
I.e., can Blevo still interrogate the motor and battery as it used to, or is the data now locked?

ah1

Jul 11, 2020
Santa Cruz CA
Is there a way to contact Specialized about the app? Maybe if all 1000+ members complaining about the app did it, they'd take notice and get someone to fix it...

spec

Jul 6, 2024
Europe
Yes, you can use live chat on specialized.com - Contact Customer Service - Specialized and complain. I've just done it. They told me that ticket was created.

Are jump stats available in the Blevo app?
Is Blevo able to de-restrict Turvo Levo gen3, or at least change limit from EU 25kph to 32 which are in US?

Superdad

Aug 2, 2024
California
Hi:
First posts here after months of lurking. ;)
I posted the below in a new thread in the Deresricting forum, but nobody replied. Figured I'd ask all you BLEvo folks... :D

I’m 62, been riding all my life—and dirt since the early 80s—but with back issues and living up in the mountains I almost gave up. Until tried a friend’s—and then bought—a Turbo Levo Comp Carbon (new on sale at my LBS for just $6K) a month ago.
It is magic (especially after putting on 16-deg. SQ Lab bars and dialing in my cockpit) but since my every other morning workout rides are a mix of road and dirt—with plenty of climbs and descents—I hit the dreaded 20mph assist turn-off and wow does the bike get heavy at the most inopportune moments!

I’ve read about the various available de-restrict systems—Speedbox, Pear Tune, and Levocirator (not interested in the planetary gear solutions as those completely goof the speedo and odometer)—and the Gen3 Levociraptor seems the ticket and is available and supported in the US.

So here is my question:
I know that BLEvo and the Levociraptor app add some control and functionality, but can I choose to stick with the Specialized app for day to day usage, or is that a total no-no resulting in Specialized instantly knowing I have a de-restrict hack plugged in?

The thing is, call me crazy, I really like the interface simplicity, and having the tuning controls, ride tracking data, and mapping all integrated is rather nice and clean. Plus I already have a couple dozen rides logged and named and am not keen on loosing all that.
I know a lot of folks subscribe to other ride tracking apps or have Garmins and what not, but I want to keep things simple for a while and just ride and log my rides without any cyber-fuss (I grew up in tech but like it less as I grow older… o_O).

So can some of you explain to me—in the context of Levociraptor—what apps I can and can’t use, and what apps are required for setting the limits (and maybe wheelsize changes if I do build up a set of 29/29 road/gravel wheels with narrower rims/tires—these 2.6” Butchers are not going to last long on the tarmac and the 30mm rims advise against less than 2.3” rubber.)

Again: Can I just use BLEvo and the Levocirator apps for initial set-up of my bike after installing the derestrict module--and then use the Specialized app day to day for rides, motor assist modes, etc.? (No offense to you BLEvo lovers or the developer, I'd just prefer to stay simple. ;))

Lastly, I might as well ask for current opinion—but don’t want to lose sight of the above Qs:
Will the Spesh dealer know that I had a de-restrict box installed? (Of course removing it before bringing the bike in for warranty service.)
The USA Levociraptor sales guy (Crobikes) claims Spesh won’t know, yet he admitted that‘s just what he’d been told—and he didn’t have a clue about my software questions and told me to email their tech. I have e-mailed Crobikes but have yet to receive a reply.
I know there are other threads here regarding the whole dealer detection/warranty issue. But I’ve yet to read real consensus on the matter.

Thanks all. Ride on.
—Alex C.

Last edited:
Reactions: ah1

wik

Aug 9, 2024
Germany
Hi:
First posts here after months of lurking. ;)
I posted the below in a new thread in the Deresricting forum, but nobody replied. Figured I'd ask all you BLEvo folks... :D

I’m 62, been riding all my life—and dirt since the early 80s—but with back issues and living up in the mountains I almost gave up. Until tried a friend’s—and then bought—a Turbo Levo Comp Carbon (new on sale at my LBS for just $6K) a month ago.
It is magic (especially after putting on 16-deg. SQ Lab bars and dialing in my cockpit) but since my every other morning workout rides are a mix of road and dirt—with plenty of climbs and descents—I hit the dreaded 20mph assist turn-off and wow does the bike get heavy at the most inopportune moments!

I’ve read about the various available de-restrict systems—Speedbox, Pear Tune, and Levocirator (not interested in the planetary gear solutions as those completely goof the speedo and odometer)—and the Gen3 Levociraptor seems the ticket and is available and supported in the US.

So here is my question:
I know that BLEvo and the Levociraptor app add some control and functionality, but can I choose to stick with the Specialized app for day to day usage, or is that a total no-no resulting in Specialized instantly knowing I have a de-restrict hack plugged in?

The thing is, call me crazy, I really like the interface simplicity, and having the tuning controls, ride tracking data, and mapping all integrated is rather nice and clean. Plus I already have a couple dozen rides logged and named and am not keen on loosing all that.
I know a lot of folks subscribe to other ride tracking apps or have Garmins and what not, but I want to keep things simple for a while and just ride and log my rides without any cyber-fuss (I grew up in tech but like it less as I grow older… o_O).

So can some of you explain to me—in the context of Levociraptor—what apps I can and can’t use, and what apps are required for setting the limits (and maybe wheelsize changes if I do build up a set of 29/29 road/gravel wheels with narrower rims/tires—these 2.6” Butchers are not going to last long on the tarmac and the 30mm rims advise against less than 2.3” rubber.)

Again: Can I just use BLEvo and the Levocirator apps for initial set-up of my bike after installing the derestrict module--and then use the Specialized app day to day for rides, motor assist modes, etc.? (No offense to you BLEvo lovers or the developer, I'd just prefer to stay simple. ;))

Lastly, I might as well ask for current opinion—but don’t want to lose sight of the above Qs:
Will the Spesh dealer know that I had a de-restrict box installed? (Of course removing it before bringing the bike in for warranty service.)
The USA Levociraptor sales guy (Crobikes) claims Spesh won’t know, yet he admitted that‘s just what he’d been told—and he didn’t have a clue about my software questions and told me to email their tech. I have e-mailed Crobikes but have yet to receive a reply.
I know there are other threads here regarding the whole dealer detection/warranty issue. But I’ve yet to read real consensus on the matter.

Thanks all. Ride on.
—Alex C.

Hey Alex and thank you for your detailed explanation and sorry in advanced for my bad english.
I ride the same bike as you and use the gen3 and drive in similar terrain.

Regarding your questions:
To use the "tuning kit", you don't necessarily need the Blevo app but levociraptor app.
(but i can recommend it - i think blevo works better than the specialized app, both - in terms of preference setup and ride tracking).
However, i use Blevo and the tuning kit mainly as a training monitor with the smartheart option because of my heart condition/illness and less because of the speed release.

you can activate the tuning with the Levociraptor app - then it is active (dont need to keep the app active enymore - only for deactivating the derestriction, in the levociraptor or blevo app you can set the required speed you want, the wheel diameter is only used from the tuning kit to calculate the correct speed and displayed on your tcu (bike display), so you hawe to enter your actual wheel diameter and wanted speedlimit and you're done)
and so you can track your rides with specialized or other apps without problems(more or less)
(here of course it can be that specialized see that the engine is still supported although you are above the allowed speed in US)
for this reason alone better use blevo - your data are not saved - so not externally - only on your device.
you can also import your old rides into blevo( It's really not an advertisement - but the app works )
for these specific questions you better ask the thread creator PaoloBLEvo directly.

I've now had my bike serviced 3 times at my specialized dealer,
he didn't notice anything about the tuning kit, of course i always removed it following the instructions...

I hope something could help you, but as I said, Paolo is the right contact for this and a real professional

best regards
Wik

wik

Aug 9, 2024
Germany
Yes, you can use live chat on specialized.com - Contact Customer Service - Specialized and complain. I've just done it. They told me that ticket was created.

Is Blevo able to de-restrict Turvo Levo gen3, or at least change limit from EU 25kph to 32 which are in US?
hey spec

about jump stats no idea

about gen 3
if you mean one of these below : then yes

Turbo LEVO with 2.1 Specialized motor
Turbo LEVO with 2.2 Specialized motor
Turbo LEVO SL with Specialized 1.1 SL motor
with SL 1.2 motor, although optimization is under development (speed on display not yet correct)

Superdad

Aug 2, 2024
California
I hope something could help you, but as I said, Paolo is the right contact for this and a real professional.
Dear Wik:
Thank you so VERY MUCH for your clear and positive reply!
You have given me confidence to go ahead and order the Levociraptor Gen3.

I will even look into exporting my prior rides from Specialized's app for importing into BLEvo.

And it is nice to understand that I set wheel diameter in the Levociraptor app, so even if I do continue with Specialized app the speed/distance readings and recordings will be correct. This is important to me because, as mentioned, I may have a set of 29"/29" wheels built up with narrow road/gravel rims/tires--and swap back to the 27.5/29 fat tire set when I head to trails. :)

My only hesitation at the moment is that Crobikes, the sole USA dealer for Levociraptor, has not replied to my e-mails. Not a great first impression if I have any hope for future support. I'll see how that goes and maybe give some feedback to the the Levociraptor folks.

Happy trails!
AJC

fred9000

Dec 7, 2023
canada
can somebody can suggest a good used cell brand that can serve as display here in north america as the cubot king kong mini or the blackview is expensive to get here : is a rugged or working smartphone can work ? everything that use android ?

and if this application work on vado sl ? i think it is not work because it detect the levociraptor gen 3 but it is not detect my bike , also is this work only with a sim card or can i use this offline ?

thanks

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Sorry for long time without posting anything and answering to the question on the forum.
After a really long time, I release a new version of BLEvo for Android (version 3.13.0).
Most likely the previous BLEvo version did not work properly with Android 14. Now the problem should be solved.
This is the list of changes made:

- Added battery management by Riccardo Michelin. Contact him on Facebook to have battery up to 900wh
- Added average consumption statistics for ascent (thanks to Mato Ba)
- Added AndroMaps map with 4UMaps theme (thanks to Lluis Nogueras)
- Added POST_NOTIFICATIONS permission request for Android 13
- Fix compatibility with Android 14

I attach the screenshots of the news

Batteria Michelin.jpg

Screenshot_2024-08-26-20-41-08-63_632406835bf2aea1b1d7a1e15119e221.jpg

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
can somebody can suggest a good used cell brand that can serve as display here in north america as the cubot king kong mini or the blackview is expensive to get here : is a rugged or working smartphone can work ? everything that use android ?

and if this application work on vado sl ? i think it is not work because it detect the levociraptor gen 3 but it is not detect my bike , also is this work only with a sim card or can i use this offline ?

thanks
You can use every phone with Android. I suggest to use Android greater than 10.
You don't need the SIM card, just download the map when you are at home with the WiFi..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

No sorry, jump stats is not available in BLEvo..

fred9000

Dec 7, 2023
canada
thanks , i finally figure how to configure it , it work great , much better than specialized app , you should make their app
i found an old android cell phone (with android 9) that i dont use , i use it in wifi only , i can root it and install more up to date version if it is a must , is it going to bug with android 9 ?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
thanks , i finally figure how to configure it , it work great , much better than specialized app , you should make their app
i found an old android cell phone (with android 9) that i dont use , i use it in wifi only , i can root it and install more up to date version if it is a must , is it going to bug with android 9 ?
No no Android 9 is good.. I use the same...

NiftyNic⚡

Jan 6, 2024
Nevada, US
Hello Paolo, would it be possible to add a charge limit feature in a future update? It would be nice for times when you know you won't be using your bike for a while and would want to charge the battery to a preset storage level. Thanks!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hello Paolo, would it be possible to add a charge limit feature in a future update? It would be nice for times when you know you won't be using your bike for a while and would want to charge the battery to a preset storage level. Thanks!
Sorry but this is not planned, but I think you can set this feature in the new Mission Control app.
Paolo

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles