• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

STUnlocker (ex Shimano STEPS Unlocker) Android & Windows App for derestriction/market change and etc

alexb8cr

Apr 27, 2024
Europe
Can this tool raise the power (nm) of a shimano motor over it’s default power . Like e6100 ha 60 nm and set it to go at 80?

Risilla

May 19, 2024
USA
Hi all, long time 2021 Orbea Rise H15 owner but just increased torque on my Rise since there's a new trail that would benefit from increasing torque.

Question, is there a consensus on the optimal wattage setting? I did some search on the EP8 RS motor and sounds like there's vibration when wattage is set >450W and battery is <30%

Also is there any different in optimal setting between the M and H models because of battery size?

Thank you all in advance.

alexb8cr

Apr 27, 2024
Europe
Hello, if i buy the license and change the destination market to US (shimano e5000) through a pce02 interface, does the changes resete everytime i take off the battery? I saw that that happens on the mobile app.
Thanks(i have the latest version of firmware 4.5.0 i think

CTRL+ALT+DEL

May 30, 2024
France
Max assist is FW depended. On E8000 with 4.6.1 you can set up to 400% and 600W
On E7000 with 4.3.1 it is possible to set 300%+ of assist
Hi Vadll,
I purchased some weeks ago STUnlocker license and everything running well. Unfortunately I have a problem pushing Boost mode assistance from 250% to 300%. As you said a long time ago, It's should be possible with firmware 4.3.1. It's really like? Mine doesn't accept value higher than 250%.
Any suggestion? Thanks

webman

Apr 13, 2022
Sydney
Does anyone know what’s contained in the regulation log for a EP801? I know EP800 had destination (region) and circumference. The EP801 apparently does no longer support region changes so does that log contain the region/destination?

Backflip

Nov 6, 2023
Austria
Does anyone know what’s contained in the regulation log for a EP801? I know EP800 had destination (region) and circumference. The EP801 apparently does no longer support region changes so does that log contain the region/destination?
EP801 regulation log still contains destination and circumference even if you cannot change region anymore once it was programmed by Shimano on their production facility.

Blokie

May 30, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
I've just purchased the premium version of the app and successfully downgraded my EP8 firmware from 4.2.0 to 4.0.2 and changed the region from EU to US.

I was also going to change the wheel circumference from the default of 2190mm (27.5in) to a lower value such as, say, 1600 to give even more top speed, but the correction only allows for upto 5%, so there would be no way to get an accurate speed displayed/recorded. If I stick within 5% that would mean going to just 2080, which would barely be worth bothering (by the way, if I'm "fooling" the motor into thinking I have smaller wheel than I have, and I correcting as a positive or negative value??)

Is there a way to change to a value greater than 5% and also get an accurate speed display/recording?

webman

Apr 13, 2022
Sydney
I've just purchased the premium version of the app and successfully downgraded my EP8 firmware from 4.2.0 to 4.0.2 and changed the region from EU to US.

I was also going to change the wheel circumference from the default of 2190mm (27.5in) to a lower value such as, say, 1600 to give even more top speed, but the correction only allows for upto 5%, so there would be no way to get an accurate speed displayed/recorded. If I stick within 5% that would mean going to just 2080, which would barely be worth bothering (by the way, if I'm "fooling" the motor into thinking I have smaller wheel than I have, and I correcting as a positive or negative value??)

Is there a way to change to a value greater than 5% and also get an accurate speed display/recording?
There is no way to go faster AND have the correct speed displayed. Some guys set the circumference to 2190mm / 1.6 and change the display to show Mph. That way the displayed speed is correct but the unit is not

petroz

Jun 18, 2024
Uk
Does anybody know if the latest firmware for the e8000 (4.10.00) can still be rolled back to 4.8 using the android shimano app in flight mode method?

Blokie

May 30, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
There is no way to go faster AND have the correct speed displayed. Some guys set the circumference to 2190mm / 1.6 and change the display to show Mph. That way the displayed speed is correct but the unit is not
Sorry - I don't quite understand - I already have my display in MPH (as I'm UK based) ?

webman

Apr 13, 2022
Sydney
Sorry - I don't quite understand - I already have my display in MPH (as I'm UK based) ?
Sorry, I explained that pretty badly and not quitre right: If your actual circumference is 2200 and you set it to 1375 (2200 / 1.6) then you’ll get support up to 25Mph (40km/h real speed) but the motor will think you’re doing 25km/h (40km/h / 1.6). If you set your display to km/h the it will show 25. You just have to ignore the km/h and read it as Mph and the actual figure is right, just the unit is off. Of course, bike computers etc will also be off but for that you could use a separate speed sensor if needed.

Blokie

May 30, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
Sorry, I explained that pretty badly and not quitre right: If your actual circumference is 2200 and you set it to 1375 (2200 / 1.6) then you’ll get support up to 25Mph (40km/h real speed) but the motor will think you’re doing 25km/h (40km/h / 1.6). If you set your display to km/h the it will show 25. You just have to ignore the km/h and read it as Mph and the actual figure is right, just the unit is off. Of course, bike computers etc will also be off but for that you could use a separate speed sensor if needed.
Thanks - that all makes sense!

I tend to use my Garmin 1040 to record all of my rides (plus my watch as a backup), so that will be accurate as it will just use it's GPS and nothing speed wise from the bike itself (just the battery %).

Borbea

Nov 13, 2022
Sweden
yes, as the normal EP8. For Bluetooth you need downgrade to 4.0.2 for the speed derestriction and then update to the actual firmware. With PCE interface the downgrade is not required.
Hi,

changed region from EU to US over a year ago. Need to go back to dealer due to frame issues And try to downgrade with android mobile and E-tube 5.0.2 app, but was not able to connect to bike. The app connected to bike but when reading through parameters in beginning i get message that cannot connect and need to disconnect bike.

To me it seems latest EP800 fw (4.2.0) can’t connect to E-tube 5.0.2 hence can not downgrade fw anymore.

So is the only way to use windows and PCE2 cable?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
To me it seems latest EP800 fw (4.2.0) can’t connect to E-tube 5.0.2 hence can not downgrade fw anymore.
Yes. The instructions has info about this case. You have to use patched ETube Apk (link in the instructions) for the downgrading.

IntenseScotia

Feb 6, 2024
Scotland
I just want to change my region to US to gain a little bit more top speed, Not interested in changing wheel size etc

As far as I know I have the latest firmware on everything, is it possible to change this via the mobile app, had a look through the thread and instructions but there's so much to take on I'm now sure what's what.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I just want to change my region to US to gain a little bit more top speed, Not interested in changing wheel size etc

As far as I know I have the latest firmware on everything, is it possible to change this via the mobile app, had a look through the thread and instructions but there's so much to take on I'm now sure what's what.
Yes, it's possible. Email me for the instruction

kyzmic

Jul 31, 2024
cz
Hello. Today I went down with the program. Version 4.0.2. on the ep8 engine. Set to 40 km/h. Will I have a problem if I don't update to the latest version after editing? thx

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Hello. Today I went down with the program. Version 4.0.2. on the ep8 engine. Set to 40 km/h. Will I have a problem if I don't update to the latest version after editing? thx
No. You have to update from 4.0.2 to any 4.1.x, 4.2.x firmware

kyzmic

Jul 31, 2024
cz
here

2.png Bez názvu.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles